The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned but up to 770 members now.

https://x.com/falkirkfcss/status/1712513565737795893?s=46&t=Zze8L3qwlsdxz82hCn4z-A

Thought with the press release and social media, and across most sport journals, the numbers would have passed 800, however very slowly the membership is growing.
However let’s face the facts/reality, we need around 2400 members to bridge this minus funding gap.
Sorry but these numbers based on where we are at present, look simply unachievable and hope the guys upstairs are looking at alternative solutions. 

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought with the press release and social media, and across most sport journals, the numbers would have passed 800, however very slowly the membership is growing.
However let’s face the facts/reality, we need around 2400 members to bridge this minus funding gap.
Sorry but these numbers based on where we are at present, look simply unachievable and hope the guys upstairs are looking at alternative solutions. 

1 in 5 from our average home support, that's not to bad tbh. Anyone thinking we're getting 2400 to join is living another dream.

34 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Cracking u18s results which implies we aren’t too far away from a decent academy level 

I turned up on Sunday for my first 18s game in ages, as I don't often get the chance to see them as my Sundays are spent with the womens team. 

I barely recognised them as there's been a bit of a cull at some point and most of the players were new to me. They were really impressive. Passed the ball quickly and accurately and never stopped running. It was the same tonight. Livvy were bigger, stronger and had more of the ball, but they were restricted to very few chances. And on the few occasions they did get through. our goalie was excellent and stopped everything they had to offer. 

Both Paul Smith and John McGlynn were watching and will probably already have their eyes on some of these boys for apprenticeships next season.  

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I turned up on Sunday for my first 18s game in ages, as I don't often get the chance to see them as my Sundays are spent with the womens team. 

I barely recognised them as there's been a bit of a cull at some point and most of the players were new to me. They were really impressive. Passed the ball quickly and accurately and never stopped running. It was the same tonight. Livvy were bigger, stronger and had more of the ball, but they were restricted to very few chances. And on the few occasions they did get through. our goalie was excellent and stopped everything they had to offer. 

Both Paul Smith and John McGlynn were watching and will probably already have their eyes on some of these boys for apprenticeships next season.  

Did anybody stick out? Can we look forward to seeing one break through soon? 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I wouldn't want to put pressure on the kids by naming them on a public forum. but yes some of them looked very good. 

In terms of breakthroughs, if you mean first team then probably not. I've been watching Scott Honeyman for two years since he played in the first "new" academy game as a U16 player in August 21. He only signed a professional contract (as a modern apprentice) in the summer and he's currently on loan at the Shire. He's a very good player and I have high hopes that he and others may be regular starters for our first team in the future, but he's a wee bit away from that yet. Maybe next season for him and Rhys in particular. Or maybe after January? Who knows. 

If he's not going to break through in 2023 then neither will a 16/17 year old schoolboy who started tonight and is currently playing as an unpaid amateur. There's definite potential in a few of them though.  

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hard to say with the mask and hood but 18-20.

It was dark and wet m'lud.

Thanks for your reply. At least you’ve allayed my fears that the copper had been abusing a minor.

While I don’t think that taunting away fans rises to the level of disorderly conduct, apparently British police officers do have the legal authority to ask people to leave a dispersal area to prevent antisocial behaviour. What they don’t have, however, is the legal authority to “dump somebody on their arse” to save on paperwork. Those sorts of actions were meant to have been eradicated years ago. The copper is not the judge, jury and executioner, if he thought that he had a strong enough case he could have simply arrested the youth and let it go through the legal process.

10 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Seem to have the academy teams set up to play the same way as our first team so we were a 4-2-3-1. Standouts for me were our centre mid pairing who both looked to get on the ball all the time and keep things ticking as well as getting involved in the rough side of the game. There weren't really any players who let themselves down to be fair, centre back pairing cleared everything that was thrown into our box.

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Does anyone know how to switch payment to FSS from PayPal to direct debit? Cant actually see anything on their email with details how to do this 

Do you mean switch to Standing Order mate? If so, cancel on PP & then start a new S/O via your banking app 

29 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Does anyone know how to switch payment to FSS from PayPal to direct debit? Cant actually see anything on their email with details how to do this 

You need to set up a standing order via your banking app, which I found easy enough. I don't have a PayPal account though, the payment was set up via some sort of 'guest' PayPal account with the payment coming from my debit card every month. I couldn't therefore contact PayPal to get them to stop it but managed to do so by phoning the bank who put a stop on it (I hope).

43 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Fill in the little form at the bottom of this page then it takes you to the details for the FSS account so you can easily set up the standing order with your bank.

https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/

12 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks for your reply. At least you’ve allayed my fears that the copper had been abusing a minor.

While I don’t think that taunting away fans rises to the level of disorderly conduct, apparently British police officers do have the legal authority to ask people to leave a dispersal area to prevent antisocial behaviour. What they don’t have, however, is the legal authority to “dump somebody on their arse” to save on paperwork. Those sorts of actions were meant to have been eradicated years ago. The copper is not the judge, jury and executioner, if he thought that he had a strong enough case he could have simply arrested the youth and let it go through the legal process.

Wasn't heavy handed. 

The officer caught them off balance in the act of dispersing them and a mixture of the underfoot/ inebriated conditions won't have helped the lad.

Bruised ego for him more than much else and if he reflects on it then best to leave taunting busses to our continental counterparts.