The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, muppetshow said:

overheads? any other club in our league have 3 people on the commercial team? (just an example) i fucking doubt it. 

Any other club in our league bring in the level of sponsorship we do?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

If Hogarth doesn't force his way into the starting line up he'll probably want away but if not I'd be trying to keep him. I'd also be trying to extend Donaldson, Henderson, Yeats and Lawal.

Will most likely be Morrison's last season, been talk of him leaving near enough every transfer window I doubt we'll keep a hold of him when he's free to go in the summer. Likewise I'd love to see Mccann stay but given Gary Holt negotiated his 3 year deal he could be on a fair whack so McGlynn may fancy using that money elsewhere.

I wouldn't be trying to extend Mackie, McGinn or Oliver as the first two have been rooked with injuries and there's better quality out there than Oliver. As already mentioned thank f**k it'll be the last of Brad Mckay.

I can see Morrison staying. Especially if we get promoted. I think he likes it here and although I understand the criticism he gets for rarely showing up in big games, I still think he's a great asset when he's firing. Can't see too many 'bigger' clubs being interested in him, but if we don't get up he will likely want to test himself at a higher level... Unless we offer better money again. 

I like Hogarth too. I think his distribution is pretty good. Unfortunately Long took his chance earlier in the season when Hogarth was injured and he's kept performing at a level where JM just can't drop him. JM tends to stick with guys who he can trust and are performing, and I like that. I do think Hogarth will work his way into the team soon enough.

Edited by Forever_Blue_
Typo

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Trust trophy draw at 1pm. Ordinarily would want TNS away but would likely mean the Fortress Brockville night being moved which is the night before 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Would also mean the club have to fork out on transport and a hotel for the players so I'd rather avoid that unneccessary cost. 

Dundee United/Raith away or anyone at home for me.

IMG_8205.jpeg

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would also mean the club have to fork out on transport and a hotel for the players so I'd rather avoid that unneccessary cost. 

Dundee United/Raith away or anyone at home for me.

IMG_8205.jpeg

Teams travelling cross border receives money from the SPFL to cover expenses.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I thought the SPFL contributed to these costs to make it viable for the non-Scottish/part-time sides to participate.

As for the criticism of where the club focuses it's resources  - it's an area that's easy to question but due to the opaque setup (volunteers/job-shares/students) it's an area best avoided.

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The Council barely have enough money to empty our bins yet you expect them to magic up the money to buy a football stadium!!!

Truly bizarre post.

It would be the final piece of the jigsaw for Falkirk Council.

They own most of the stadium, car park, and surrounding land, and long-term complete ownership of the stadium is a no-brainer.

It's Falkirk Council after all and they do like their statement pieces as status symbols.

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They own most of the stadium, car park, and surrounding land, and long-term complete ownership of the stadium is a no-brainer.

It's Falkirk Council after all and they do like their statement pieces as status symbols.

I have a lot of sympathy in this. 

West Lothian do it for the money launderers so why can't our council take ownership and let us use the football facilities for a peppercorn rent?

A successful footy team brings in a lot of economic benefit / good PR to the area and this should be supported by the Council , not just an afterthought as and when it happens. Look at how the area was buzzing when we last got to a cup final (and finals before that)

The only downside I can see of us turning the place over to the council, would be the loss of revenue when we have concerts. Maybe we could cut a deal that the club owns the pitch whilst the building infrastructure is owned by the Council. 

Plus, the space at the stadium is not properly utilised by the council and they could easily absorb many of the outlying offices and depts into the stadium making it financially worth while and save cash.

I honestly think our Council is missing a trick at the Stadium and not using it to its full potential. 

Edited by Zbairn

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Teams travelling cross border receives money from the SPFL to cover expenses.

I seem to remember clubs complaining though that the money from the spfl didn't cover the costs fully and that to they were losing money from these trips still though.

Dundee United at home.

Happy enough with that should hopefully be a decent crowd and I'd imagine we'll be on the TV again so a bit extra money there too.

Will be good as well to see how far we've came since the league cup game.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nonsense.

Ownership of an incomplete football stadium should rightly be a very long way down the Council’s list of priorities.

The  Council Tax freeze being proposed by both SNP and Labour will mean even more restrictions on day to day Council spending so where is the money to come from for this fantasy?

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Nonsense.

Ownership of an incomplete football stadium should rightly be a very long way down the Council’s list of priorities.

The  Council Tax freeze being proposed by both SNP and Labour will mean even more restrictions on day to day Council spending so where is the money to come from for this fantasy?

It's not just a football stadium though is it ? 

The Council could easily develop it for more of their own use, reducing their cost base by selling current council offices that are dotted over the town. Having a more centralised base may also make them more efficient.....although I wouldn't bank on that. 

Maybe even attracting a few more business use, in addition to the cash they already get from the nursery and the Westifled Lounge. 

Just now, Zbairn said:

It's not just a football stadium though is it ? 

The Council could easily develop it for more of their own use, reducing their cost base by selling current council offices that are dotted over the town. Having a more centralised base may also make them more efficient.....although I wouldn't bank on that. 

Maybe even attracting a few more business use, in addition to the cash they already get from the nursery and the Westifled Lounge. 

They are already moving more staff into the spare office space in the stadium.

Don’t have to buy the entire place to use space that they already own.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They are already moving more staff into the spare office space in the stadium.

Don’t have to buy the entire place to use space that they already own.

They could buy the North Stand and redevelop it into offices or units.

My original reply to HSW was in relation to what West Lothian does for Livi. The other bits re council use was an afterthought.