The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

It's so clear what your board is doing.

It is. Giving the visiting club the autonomy to prioritise the sale of their allocation in the way they see fit.

Just as we have always done when a sell out of the away end is likely.

You'd know that if you'd been a big club in a big league in the era where digital ticketing became almost universal.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

It is. Giving the visiting club the autonomy to prioritise the sale of their allocation in the way they see fit.

I see so that's why our CEO said he asked for links to online sales a week before and had no reply until they were told it was going to be paper sales. Confirmed on twitter. Clearly we have been given autonomy on selling the allocation as we see fit. 

Trying to say that you've stuck to how it's been since online sales have been possible is hilarious. In case you hadn't noticed technology has advanced since then.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I get that this could be an argument but it just doesn't track for me since you've managed for other away sides this season.

I think only Raith Rovers have brought more than 100. We don't even open the away stand for most of them.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

The size of support doesn't really change the process of selling the tickets online so the capability is there. 

Oh come on that's incredibly naïve. If you draw Rangers, Celtic (or anyone else who would more than fill the away end) at TFS in the Scottish Cup do you honestly believe FFC will sell the tickets to their support directly? Don't be daft. You'll give them their allocation and leave them to sort it out.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think only Raith Rovers have brought more than 100. We don't even open the away stand for most of them.

Oh come on that's incredibly naïve. If you draw Rangers, Celtic (or anyone else who would more than fill the away end) at TFS in the Scottish Cup do you honestly believe FFC will sell the tickets to their support directly? Don't be daft. You'll give them their allocation and leave them to sort it out.

In the last two seasons we had Hibs and Pars sell out their away allocation. The process was the same. Security might change, supplies might change. The online system is the same. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Trying to say that you've stuck to how it's been since online sales have been possible is hilarious. In case you hadn't noticed technology has advanced since then.  

I didn't say that at all. Unlike yourselves we've had to deal with sold out away ends in the top flight as recently as 3 years ago.

If you think we didn't have Rangers, Celtic, Hearts etc take care of their own ticket sales for said fixtures then you are out of touch.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I don't think there is confusion about us selling the tickets and our club shop has opened extended hours over the weekend and during the week to try and mitigate the effects of it. People are frustrated because your board decided it will be paper ticket only even though you have capability for online tickets and waited until the week before to provide us with those tickets. That means lots of fans who work won't be able to make it into our club shop to pick up tickets and gives a lot less time to plan to do so, especially for fans who don't necessarily live in Falkirk but make the journey on a Saturday. 

What it appears is that your board have purposefully tried to minimise the sale of tickets to away fans which appears really petty and a bit pathetic. Pettiness like this when it escalates is what leads to away fans being banned from grounds and ruins the game for everyone. Don't think there is any room for that kind of action against fans to try and hinder atmosphere and ruin the game. Fortunately I don't think it will work but it's frustrating nonetheless. 

Yeah, it's less than ideal, that's for sure. I live in Ayrshire and I'm only back in Falkirk on matchdays, and I work Mon-Fri. I'd actually been off my work with the flu the last few days but started feeling better yesterday morning (convenient eh?). If I hadn't been up to making the journey through, I wouldn't be going to Hamilton next week. Simple as that. It's a bit of a joke like and almost feels like they're cutting their noses off to spite their own face? Football clubs are a business, at the end of the day. Why wouldn't you want as many fans in the ground as possible? Hope we pump them next week!

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Yeah, it's less than ideal, that's for sure. I live in Ayrshire and I'm only back in Falkirk on matchdays, and I work Mon-Fri. I'd actually been off my work with the flu the last few days but started feeling better yesterday morning (convenient eh?). If I hadn't been up to making the journey through, I wouldn't be going to Hamilton next week. Simple as that. It's a bit of a joke like and almost feels like they're cutting their noses off to spite their own face? Football clubs are a business, at the end of the day. Why wouldn't you want as many fans in the ground as possible? Hope we pump them next week!

I also don't stay in Falkirk and can't make it up to get a ticket. Happen to know someone who is getting me one but many people in my boat won't be going as a result. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I also don't stay in Falkirk and can't make it up to get a ticket. Happen to know someone who is getting me one but many people in my boat won't be going as a result. 

Absolute joke, so it is. I naturally assumed that these tickets would have been on sale a week ago AT THE LATEST. Defo feels like gamesmanship but we are a paranoid bunch so who knows haha.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Come on if we'd wanted autonomy in the way we sell our tickets we'd have asked for it but we didn't and we are selling them on a first come first served basis as there are more than enough to go round.  Paper ticket sales as an only option these days is farcical as is leaving it to a week before to start selling tickets. Whether it's a deliberate ploy to make it as hard to get tickets or not it's incredibly tinpot for a club that was until quite recently in the top flight of Scottish football.

From CEO Jamie Swinney on Twitter clarifying about the situation after fans concerns. So much for autonomy on selling tickets and also confirms that they have the capacity to do online tickets and specifically chose not to.

While reposting paper ticket announcement: 

We apologise for any inconvenience this causes. We are not sure why the decision was made, it would not be our preference & we know it’s not ideal Club shop is open all week including late Tuesday & Thursday to give everyone a chance of getting to the ground.

In reply to a question of why paper tickets:

They have the option of digital tickets so no idea why they have went down this route.

In reply to a suggestion we should do the same for them next time: 

Far more hassle for us to do physical tickets so we won’t. 

We will continue to offer digital tickets, tickets through the shop and cash turnstiles to give fans as many options as possible to buy tickets.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Our etickets are sold via fanbase - a platform you don't use. 

... and what bearing does that have on why you can't sell your own tickets?

Civil Service Strollers, Edinburgh City and a whole host of others use it and I've never had an issue purchasing tickets for their grounds using the platform 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

it's incredibly tinpot for a club that was until quite recently in the top flight of Scottish football

Until last week we were selling tickets to an ice rink behind the far goal for time slots during the game.

Trust me when I say that leaving it to 7 days before the game to give you a load of tickets to sell is way down the list of tinpot things about our club.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

In the last two seasons we had Hibs and Pars sell out their away allocation. The process was the same. Security might change, supplies might change. The online system is the same. 

Seem to remember we also blocked Fife IPs to mitigate away fans buying home end tickets. 

The excuses @Todd_is_God has trotted out are as laughable as his diddy teams organisation is. 

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Seem to remember we also blocked Fife IPs to mitigate away fans buying home end tickets. 

The excuses @Todd_is_God has trotted out are as laughable as his diddy teams organisation is. 

You're a full time club into your fifth season in the third tier and currently sit below us. You're in no position to call anyone else diddy.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Until last week we were selling tickets to an ice rink behind the far goal for time slots during the game.

Trust me when I say that leaving it to 7 days before the game to give you a load of tickets to sell is way down the list of tinpot things about our club.

I’ll play devils advocate as I know quite a few locals who have Accies as their 2nd team (you can guess which 2 teams they actually say they support) and they too say the club is a bit of a basket case behind the scenes still.

I actually wonder if the reason to do paper tickets versus online is to try and cut down on the use of concession sales for adults. Let’s be honest, the downside of e-tickets, especially at away games is that people will take the risk to save money & FFC have fallen victim to this too, like the 2 derbies last year. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

You're a full time club into your fifth season in the third tier and currently sit below us. You're in no position to call anyone else diddy.

When Lowland League teams can sell tickets online then what's the reason that Hamilton can't? Because you're a diddy team as has been said before.