The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Has any other club expected you to sell out the allocation?

Our etickets are sold via fanbase - a platform you don't use. 

Given they very recently tried to price gouge what they hoped would be a large travelling support from Raith in a Challenge Cup tie I think any suggestion they are purposely trying to limit the generation of revenue is way wide of the mark.

E-Tickets even for away fans are always sold on the home platform. We sell online away tickets on our website and every other club this season (including those that use fanbase) sold their online tickets using their platform. So there must be a specific reason that paper tickets have been used considering that there is very clear capability for online tickets to be provided.

It's pretty clear your board have weighed up the costs - a few hundred extra tickets of revenue or hinder the away atmosphere in the hope it will stifle the team and increase the chance of a home win. Considering they don't seem tight for money I think they have gone for the win. Not exactly wide off the mark it's pretty explainable and really the only feasible reason. 

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Has any other club expected you to sell out the allocation?

Our etickets are sold via fanbase - a platform you don't use. 

Edinburgh City use fan base and we were able to buy on that despite taking a large away support. So, in terms of organisation and diddyness, Hamilton are now below Edinburgh City FC. A pretty bad place to be. 

Just now, GunnerBairn said:

Not so sure that’s an excuse. We managed to get e-tickets for access to your ground no bother when we played Clyde there last season? 

How do you propose FFC prioritise and manage the sale of tickets on a platform you don't use?

If Accies sold them directly on Fanbase and the likes of season ticket holders and supporters club members missed out you'd complain about that too.

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

E-Tickets even for away fans are always sold on the home platform.

When there are no demand issues.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Edinburgh City use fan base and we were able to buy on that despite taking a large away support.

"Very large" ≠ sold out

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

How do you propose FFC prioritise and manage the sale of tickets on a platform you don't use?

If Accies sold them directly on Fanbase and the likes of season ticket holders and supporters club members missed out you'd complain about that too.

Online sale is always managed by the home side platform. Cannot think of any time this season that has not been the case. 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

As has been said other clubs use fanbase. So that’s no excuse for your utter diddyness. 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Just saying we managed to get e-tickets for access to your ground no bother last season and now we can’t mate 🤷‍♂️

Edited by GunnerBairn

Just can't see past the idea that Hamilton are deliberately attempting to limit the away support.

There's literally no other valid reason for the poorly organised arrangements for next week's game.

Edited by Rizzo

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

We have had demand issues a couple of times this season with away tickets available to us being close to sell out. All sold online by the home side.

But not sold out.

I'm sure if you shift the tickets quickly enough we'll give you more tickets and open the wee gazebo for you as well.

The idea that we are trying to limit the number of Falkirk fans is nonsense.

We've never sold tickets directly to away fans when there was a strong chance the away end would sell out.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

But not sold out.

I'm sure if you shift the tickets quickly enough we'll give you more tickets and open the wee gazebo for you as well.

The idea that we are trying to limit the number of Falkirk fans is nonsense.

We've never sold tickets directly to away fans when there was a strong chance the away end would sell out.

You are doing backflips to try and justify this. Very hard to predict sell out vs close to sell out so its not the argument you think it is. And if your board wanted the revenue they would have facilitated it by making it EASIER. They would have given tickets 2 weeks ago and put them up online to MAXIMISE sales. Instead they have done the opposite so your logic just does not follow. Instead you are coming up with hypothetical scenarios about sell out vs large support and why paper tickets somehow facilitate that rather than realising that is just not how any other team in the last several seasons has maximised revenue. Even our games against the pars last season which were far more likely to sell out than this game were dealt with better, advertised by both clubs weeks in advance to try and maximise the support. It's so clear what your board is doing its amazing you can't see it. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

Aye I don't believe for a second hamilton are wanting less punters in. However, the excuse that Falkirk don't use fanbase doesn't really make sense due to numerous clubs using that system in this league (edi city, Kelty). I can't remember who else but there are others. 

I don't see how it's hard for clubs to do both paper and virtual tickets. It just comes across as rather small time from accies. 

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Aye I don't believe for a second hamilton are wanting less punters in. However, the excuse that Falkirk don't use fanbase doesn't really make sense due to numerous clubs using that system in this league (edi city, Kelty). I can't remember who else but there are others. 

I don't see how it's hard for clubs to do both paper and virtual tickets. It just comes across as rather small time from accies. 

That’s my only issue, there should be both options. If Hamilton wanted it to be paper tickets only we should have had them on sale earlier that the Saturday before the game.

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s my only issue, there should be both options. If Hamilton wanted it to be paper tickets only we should have had them on sale earlier that the Saturday before the game.

I said this tbf.

I feel you (and many others) are underestimating just how much of a circus our club is.

The year 2023 and Hamilton are still using paper tickets for this match as the only option. It either stinks of complete incompetence or stinks of making it as difficult to get a ticket as possible.  I for one am not sure we will sell out with the game that close to Christmas and it's also been pointed out that there is the gazebo stand across from the main stand for any extra demand if we do sell out.  There is no early access for season ticket holders required so I've no idea what that Hamilton fan is wittering on about as Falkirk have made it clear there is more than enough tickets for us if necessary. Shouldn't be any real surprise mind you from the club that sent a good few grand to an African prince a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I said this tbf.

I feel you (and many others) are underestimating just how much of a circus our club is.

I get that this could be an argument but it just doesn't track for me since you've managed for other away sides this season. The size of support doesn't really change the process of selling the tickets online so the capability is there.