The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

"Christmas Time, Lager and wine, Falkirk Bairns are doing fine, 5 past the Morton & 3 past Clydebank, We all agree Jim Leishman's a W**k.

The Record, The Sun say they're number 1 but we know better than that, Big Gordon's (Marshall) his name, the league is his aim and Leishman's a slavering twat."

Penned it on a boring afternoon at Falkirk College back in 1988 and started singing it with the Ellwyn boys back in the day in the old enclosure. The choir caught on and hey presto. Sir Cliff's never been in touch though!😉 COYB.

First time I’ve seen the 2nd verse. That’s superb 👏🏻

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Anyone know if the club shop will post out tickets? I’m in Lanzarote until Friday night so really frustrated by Hamiltons treatment here. The irony is I live a few miles from Hamilton so I’d need to rush up to Falkirk on Saturday morning to get a ticket IF there’s any available.

I can only presume this is about Hamilton trying to pass responsibly for our large supports coordination etc to Falkirk FC to absolve liability to Hamilton?

In any case it’s quite ridiculous…..

Drop me a DM. We’ll be in Hamilton just after lunch & can meet you if it helps. 

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW at the usual links for YouTube, Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts 👍🏼

————————

🆕🎙️EP:63 XMAS TIME….FALKIRK BAIRNS ARE DOING FINE 🎶

🔵 Review the win over Kelty & THAT ref with @josh_heggie of Falkirk TV 🎤
⚪️ Preview Accies (A) with Ben from @OAccies podcast 🔴
🔵 A night out with Parliamo, Gowzers WORST nightmare & much, much more!

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_6474.thumb.jpeg.ec1e37a918a4c5b3421f64aa76d8d5f6.jpeg

Just watched.....cheers for the mention 

Hopefully 3pts in the bag pre Saturday night 👌👌

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Anyone know if the club shop will post out tickets? I’m in Lanzarote until Friday night so really frustrated by Hamiltons treatment here. The irony is I live a few miles from Hamilton so I’d need to rush up to Falkirk on Saturday morning to get a ticket IF there’s any available.

I can only presume this is about Hamilton trying to pass responsibly for our large supports coordination etc to Falkirk FC to absolve liability to Hamilton?

In any case it’s quite ridiculous…..

This.

I don't live in Falkirk and it's not convenient, cost effective, environmentally convenient etc to drive to two stadiums to watch one game of football when it can be done online. It's also been screwed up because of the one week notice for me. The club and fss are right to take a stand.

The polar opposite, as an example was the Stirling Albion game away recently. You can go online weeks before, search where you want to sit, pay on-line, get ticket online. Benefit to Stirling they get more money in and get it earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Good job you only have 2,100 to sell then isn't it

Thought Hamilton were releasing the further 500 if the other stand was sold out?

Don't understand why you'd be happy with this arrangement? More money equals more players in the January window for Hamilton 

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thought Hamilton were releasing the further 500 if the other stand was sold out?

If you sell your allocation and ask for them you may well get them, but I don't think the club have offered them.

If it was PATG or on fanbase it wouldn't be open anyway as it's only ever open when physical tickets are sold. We didn't open it for Airdrie - just said sold out.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Don't understand why you'd be happy with this arrangement? More money equals more players in the January window for Hamilton 

500 tickets is at most £10,000. I'm not sure sure how many players you think we'd be bringing in with that amount but i'd say it's about zero.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you sell your allocation and ask for them you may well get them, but I don't think the club have offered them.

If it was PATG or on fanbase it wouldn't be open anyway as it's only ever open when physical tickets are sold. We didn't open it for Airdrie - just said sold out.

500 tickets is at most £10,000. I'm not sure sure how many players you think we'd be bringing in with that amount but i'd say it's about zero.

This is getting tiresome.

Fans don't just buy tickets to get in though do they? They buy food, drink, 50/50 tickets, programmes, parking etc. £10,000 would get a decent loan player in for the final 5 months of the season. If you're telling me Hamilton, as a Scottish league 1 club, are so well off they can afford to attract less away fans than they otherwise could then I think we just need to agree to differ. I know Falkirk can't afford to turn their nose up at extra fan attendance. 

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This is getting tiresome.

Fans don't just buy tickets to get in though do they? They buy food, drink, 50/50 tickets, programmes, parking etc. £10,000 would get a decent loan player in for the final 5 months of the season. If you're telling me Hamilton, as a Scottish league 1 club, are so well off they can afford to attract less away fans than they otherwise could then I think we just need to agree to differ. I know Falkirk can't afford to turn their nose up at extra fan attendance. 

Parking is free, we don't sell programmes, don't make money from the kiosks (which I don't think are accessible from the Gazebo anyway), and don't sell 50/50 tickets.

Apart from that great points...

It certainly doesn't reflect well on Hamilton as a club.

Surely a football club's core business is selling admission to football matches.

Why you'd want to make that more difficult for your customers I've no idea.

If its a question of operational incapability then that's even worse.. its not acceptable in league one let alone the championship and that's surely where they aim to be next season.

At the end of the day no matter what excuse Hamilton fans try to use to justify it - whether it's passing off management to Falkirk staff,  forcing them to work more because they don't want the responsibility, or because they are trying to avoid people buying home tickets (even though there is nothing stopping people who want to do that doing it anyway) or trying to stop people buying concessions (even though 1 person can still buy 5 concessions for other people with no proof) it's a load of nonsense. Even the ridiculous excuse that our support will match that of celtic and rangers doesn't consider the resources those clubs have for distributing tickets far more easily with club shops in different towns and cities around the country. Never mind giving us 7 days for it. 

Not one of those excuses justifies the hardship they have put on staff who have to stay longer in the club shop, and on people who won't get to the game as a result. We all know at this time of year football is a much needed reprieve for a lot of families. Disappointing behaviour and as I said before no room for that kind of disdain for football fans, it ruins the game for everyone. Never had an issue with Accies before and was somewhat enjoying the relatively "friendly" competition. But this is inconsiderate at best and low life behaviour at worst. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

1 minute ago, AndrewFFC said:

Screenshot_20231211-221756.png

In fairness, there's no reason for me to have seen that.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Fair play to Todd for sticking up for his club, at first anyway. But he's having a complete howler here and might be better off conceding the Nigerian Prince XI have arsed it.

I don't think I am. Other than not giving you the tickets earlier we've not done anything wrong. And, assuming we are still in a title race together come the next meeting at NDP, i've absolutely no doubt you'll be getting handed your tickets to sell again.