The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Those robust searches went well, going by the hot water bottle being produced by the guy behind the boy in the video 🤣🤣🤣

Aye, what was that all about? I just walked straight up to the turnstile, with no search at all. Had I known, I would have brought a few tinnies!

Also, I see the club have just announced that the re-arranged Cove match will be included in any half-season tickets purchased going forward. I'd already purchased a ticket for that match, and I'm intending to buy a season ticket for Xmas (thanks to my lovely Mrs) so now I'm wondering how I go about getting a refund for Cove?

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Also, I see the club have just announced that the re-arranged Cove match will be included in any half-season tickets purchased going forward. I'd already purchased a ticket for that match, and I'm intending to buy a season ticket for Xmas (thanks to my lovely Mrs) so now I'm wondering how I go about getting a refund for Cove?

I’m in the same boat, I got a Cove ticket for the wife and after being away from games for a few seasons she’s got the bug again and wanting a half season. I’ve got a couple of pals though who couldn’t make the Cove game due to other arrangements so one of them can take the spare ticket.

52 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m in the same boat, I got a Cove ticket for the wife and after being away from games for a few seasons she’s got the bug again and wanting a half season. I’ve got a couple of pals though who couldn’t make the Cove game due to other arrangements so one of them can take the spare ticket.

No judgement at all from me. Everyone has their limit and Falkirk have had some absolutely brutal lows in the last few years but look at us now - the *only* unbeaten team in the SPFL pyramid!

Would get rid of McKay, Lawal, Allan. 

Upgrade on Bisland too if at all possible. 

Crucially a new striker who can play the Maciver role. One single injury there and our team may turn to muck.

Other than that it looks difficult to find an upgrade on what we have for the money we have. As shown by real quality like Ross being kept out of the team. It’s such an effective, settled 11 atm. 

We signed a few too many attackers last Jan and meant we didn’t ever really find our best line up. (Our best run of form came when we started Gary Oliver in the Maciver role for example).

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Would get rid of McKay, Lawal, Allan. 

Upgrade on Bisland too if at all possible. 

Crucially a new striker who can play the Maciver role. One single injury there and our team may turn to muck.

Other than that it looks difficult to find an upgrade on what we have for the money we have. As shown by real quality like Ross being kept out of the team. It’s such an effective, settled 11 atm. 

We signed a few too many attackers last Jan and meant we didn’t ever really find our best line up. (Our best run of form came when we started Gary Oliver in the Maciver role for example).

Get the feeling that we won’t see more than one in one out. As correctly put when you’ve got guys like Ross & Alfie, who can’t get a starting berth, anyone coming in would need to be high calibre.

A difficult window so unless McGlynn can pull in another good CF, he’ll stick with what he’s got. Don’t think there will be a £ of cash wasted, therefore I would expect that he’ll be desperately trying to get the players out of contract signed.

Would like to think we could do better in the goalkeeping department and if we're to sign anyone in Jan, it's surely got to be a GK. It can't be ignored that virtually every goal we're losing of late is the result of a goalkeeping error. Now, I know these guys are human and we all make mistakes, but it's hard to excuse when it's almost every game. These mistakes haven't proved costly because we've ended up winning regardless, but we can't keep pushing our luck with this as we'll absolutely get caught out by it eventually.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we'll see more than one new face and more than one out the door. 

Based on nothing but my own thoughts but I reckon McKay, Lawal, and Allan maybe candidates for the ‘out’ door come January. 

Edited to add: I note I’m not the only one with the same 3 names mentioned 😯

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

Based on nothing but my own thoughts but I reckon McKay, Lawal, and Allan maybe candidates for the ‘out’ door come January. 

Can't disagree with any of them. I still think freeing up McGinns wage would be a result too but I can't see it happening. I don't think there's much left in the tank for him unfortunately. He's not going to cut short what's looking like his last contract. 

Ola is a weird one. He was undeniably good but with certain experience based limitations last season. This season, whether its just not enough minutes or whatever, or just a dramatic increase in quality around him, its just not happening. 

Mckay and Allen would need to be replaced like for like. 

I don't think we'll see a whole lot of movement, but I would like to see another striker come in that fits the system (on the premise that Allan will probably leave, at least on loan) and an experienced goalkeeper. I agree with a comment elsewhere that with our defence looking incredibly solid and settled,  it's got to the point where the majority of the goals we are conceding appear to be goalkeeping mistakes, whether it be Long or Hogarth. I move between thinking Long or Hogarth is the better keeper, but given Long is on loan, if his wage could be used to get a more experienced keeper in, I'd do that.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don't think we'll see a whole lot of movement, but I would like to see another striker come in that fits the system (on the premise that Allan will probably leave, at least on loan) and an experienced goalkeeper. I agree with a comment someone said elsewhere that our defence looks incredibly solid and settled that it's now got to the point where most goals we are conceding at the moment appear to be goalkeeping mistakes, whether it be Long or Hogarth. I move between thinking Long or Hogarth is the better keeper, but given Long is on loan, if his wage could be used to get a more experienced keeper in, I'd do that.

Experienced keeper? Look no further. He's not even on the bench at Hearts anymore.....

McGovern-1-3-1920x1536.jpg

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Experienced keeper? Look no further. He's not even on the bench at Hearts anymore.....

McGovern-1-3-1920x1536.jpg

I’d never considered the possibility of McGloves returning but the signing would not only settle the GK issue but his presence around the club would be a massive boost generally.