The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

However, given what subsequently happened did happen and has subsequently gone viral, I do think the club need to issue a response.

56 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Saying nothing makes it seem this is acceptable.

Yeah I do get that. A difficult task but I feel any statement would have to carefully balance the condoning of behaviour without adding to the narrative that football fans are deviant. A difficult ask.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Crikey - the boy that posted that supports Everton and Celtic and his Twitter feed is full of pro-IRA nonsense.

It would appear he has bigger issues than being outraged at a few teenagers throwing a wheelie bin.

No surprise, anyone who films this sort of stuff and posts it on social media is a wrong 'un.

On the game, I like Lang but he's cost us another cup tie. Overplaying before their goal and missing that sitter from 6 yards out was extremely poor.   

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Pretty much how I see it too. Having said that, I do think they were probably the best team we've faced this season, certainly at the basics. The notion that we could go through a full season unbeaten was fanciful though, so, if we need to lose I'd rather it was in the cups than the league.

I knew it wasn't going to be our night when Henderson missed that back post header, the type that he would normally bury! Lang too had a good chance that he should have got on target and Morrison was very unlucky with the drive that went a couple of feet wide. I felt that Nesbitt was good in the first half, not so much second, Miller was poor (again, hopefully reserved for the cups) and MacIver wasn't at it, hasn't been the last few games IMO, seems to get caught on his heels a lot. Donaldson was excellent.

On the Ultras thing; I'm afraid this type of behaviour could be seen coming a mile away. Most teams seem to have them now and the behaviour leaves a lot to be desired. I was talking to a Stenhousemuir fan recently who told me that the Peterhead neds were throwing chips at them, before lobbing bricks at the supporters bus. I mean, Peterhead v Stenhousemuir FFS!! We need to find a way to stamp it out because, if we do go up, it's only going to get worse. That would be a real shame because they've certainly improved the atmosphere.

Fan behaviour should be self policing, get them telt their arseholes and not welcome, ridiculed and derided by those around you. Either change your ways or dont turn up.

26 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Yeah I do get that. A difficult task but I feel any statement would have to carefully balance the condoning of behaviour without adding to the narrative that football fans are deviant. A difficult ask.

Yeh, need to be careful not to condemn the whole of the ultras, as sure most of them don’t get caught up but last night is bigger than what the SLO should have to deal with and shows that they aren’t heeding the warnings. Needs nipped in the bud by the club before it gets worse.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

On the Ultras thing, I think they have been great for the club and I would hate to see them go as they add so much to the atmosphere.

The 'Ultra' tag comes with baggage and a pre-conceived image and perception

Falkirk choir, Simon Stainrods Barmy army, Houstie hardcore were names given by the fans themselves and all the better for it.

2 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Yeh, need to be careful not to condemn the whole of the ultras, as sure most of them don’t get caught up but last night is bigger than what the SLO should have to deal with and shows that they aren’t heeding the warnings. Needs nipped in the bud by the club before it gets worse.

I’m not sure I get any relevance at all as to whether they were part of the ultras. I don’t think anyone thinks the trouble was pre organised by the ultras.

All I want is the individuals identified and banned. None of this three strikes nonsense. We need to rid the clubs of troublemakers before it starts to be something we are associated with (like Airdrie). There are no excuses for last night whatsoever……

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m not sure I get any relevance at all as to whether they were part of the ultras. I don’t think anyone thinks the trouble was pre organised by the ultras.

All I want is the individuals identified and banned. None of this three strikes nonsense. We need to rid the clubs of troublemakers before it starts to be something we are associated with (like Airdrie). There are no excuses for last night whatsoever……

Haven’t seen any suggestion that it was pre-organised? 

6 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

This. Was weary/worried when the club first announced the Ultras. However without them and the constant singing has lifted the club, possibly getting us over the line in many games. However as earlier posted a large  group drinking for around five hours prior to attending the game can bring its troubles. Already heard more than a whisper there’s others attaching themselves to the Ultras hell bent on trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This. Was weary/worried when the club first announced the Ultras. However without them and the constant singing has lifted the club, possibly getting us over the line in many games. However as earlier posted a large  group drinking for around five hours prior to attending the game can bring its troubles. Already heard more than a whisper there’s others attaching themselves to the Ultras hell bent on trouble. 

You do think when supporters of all these groups turn up in non descriptive black clothing and balaclavas that they’re at least keeping open the possibility of causing bother.

Maybe the ones who aren’t hell bent on trouble should all wear Falkirk tops and make themselves identifiable. 

Edited by Dave Mc

Was in a group of 15 yesterday & most were wearing dark/black clothes. None of us were involved in anything other than drinking, laughing, chatting & watching the game. Dress code doesn’t mean someone is up for violence. 

Ultras have had almost no issues all season, self policed where needed (Accies home game for instance) and I’m sure the club will look at what happened last night to see what happened/triggered it. It’s not great it’s plastered all over social media & the ultras won’t want that attention either. 

These night games for TV are great but there is a reason you wouldn’t get say the Old Firm playing at that time on a Friday/Saturday night, the Police would be consulted and identify the risk involved.

We are playing in the third tier and most games are low risk because of the lack of away fans, there will be little or no involvement from the Police at this level with regards to scheduling. If we go up next season that will change and the club will incur more cost with regards to the policing of games.

We seen what happened at Hamilton when there was no Police in the ground and it was down to stewards to keep the fans apart. I don’t blame the stewards for not getting involved as much as the police would when fighting breaks out, they get paid a pittance.

If the Ultras start to feel heat from the club then I’m sure they can sort out the behaviour of the numpties amongst them.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

FWIW, I think the ultras have definitively had a positive affect on the field of play with the players openly commenting on the extra motivation it gives them compared to seasons without them. It’s a very difficult balance to strike and nigh on impossible to weed out every single bam who chose to join in and cause trouble. As a group, they should be able to police themselves. Don’t the Tartan Army do so, but on a much bigger scale, so they’re capable. It would be a shame to lose the benefits of having the ultras at games and I think the club are trying hard not to enforce the ‘3 strikes out’ policy. But the more regular these incidents occur the club cannot continue to turn a blind eye as if they never happened. Moreso, the more regular these incidents surface on social media, the local community, sponsors and stakeholders will also become aware, and this could impact even more negatively on the club. For this reason, I reckon the club is close to (rightly) acting to protect its reputation / brand, and it’s all such an unnecessary distraction in what is turning in to a great season for Falkirk and district.

33 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Jeez, that's bad. Where did you hear that?

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Not a great night for Falkirk. Pumped off the Welsh and some of their fans confirmed as bams. 

Oh the irony of a Airdrie fan criticising the behaviour of another clubs fans. 

Just blame the Ultras for everything is that what everybody is saying . Well l for one won't be . There is a minority of people who want to start trouble , it may look like the Ultras but I for one find most of these Guys are Falkirk three and threw . They are are new group who want to make a difference inside the Stadium . As for what goes on outside . It's a hardcore element of people who drag young boys in .

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Not a great night for Falkirk. Pumped off the Welsh and some of their fans confirmed as bams. 

Your support is full of Nazis and Trump sympathisers. Pipe down son. 

I'm sick of this tribalism loyalty crap.  Any criticism of any part of our club and people jump on denying what's right in front of their face because of cognitive bias.

No-one is saying all of the singing section were involved in the violence last night.  But a small number of them were.  No-one is saying disband the lot.  They are an asset to Falkirk and have made a noticeable difference this season.  The ones that were involved need to be identified and banned.   There should be no place for potential dangerous actions as witnessed last night.

I've seen comments defending the behaviour as "passionate" or "they're just excited laddies" and "I've seen a lot worse in the 70's".    It's not the 70's anymore - I was there then, it was shit.

I am a old female fan and I want to feel safe coming along by myself.  Those scenes frightened me.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

43 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was in a group of 15 yesterday & most were wearing dark/black clothes. None of us were involved in anything other than drinking, laughing, chatting & watching the game. Dress code doesn’t mean someone is up for violence. 

Ultras have had almost no issues all season, self policed where needed (Accies home game for instance) and I’m sure the club will look at what happened last night to see what happened/triggered it. It’s not great it’s plastered all over social media & the ultras won’t want that attention either. 

Plenty of people in casual clothes who behave themself but unfortunately everyone involved in that incident last night are kitted out exactly as you describe. Unfortunately the likelihood is these fans were amongst the ultras so making yourself identifiable is a solution to differentiating yourself from those intent to cause trouble. Also would be nice to see more colour amongst the support.

Certainly wouldn’t condemn anyone for drawing attention to it on social media or anything else. Bad behaviour needs called out to stop. The filming of it should be a non issue. The only people causing harm to the club are those involved in it.