The get fit, stay fit thread

I always use the bulk suppliers for guaranteed quality and The Protein Works is the best imo. Just stick to whey, nut butters, omega 3, vitamin d3, creatine and caffeine none of the expensive newer products.

Edited by Billy Dynamite

Found eBay to be good for whey protein also. Gold nutrition is decent, trying banana just now its a bit watery compared to the chocolate ones.

Had to stop taking it with milk, was farting all day long.

The optimum nutrition products are excellent. Using a small bag of Complete Protein until my big bag delivery from Musclefood and it's great tasting along with quality ingredients. Recovery has been very good also. Edited by mrcat1990

You buy chicken and steak from musclefood? I'm placing a first order after the weekend.

Did my first order last month and did another just there. Most has sat in my freezer so can't fully comment on it all. Only tried the chicken breasts which were decent, a whey sample which was good and a protein bar which was very very good.

I wouldn't order from them regularly as can't afford it, but whenever an affordable bundle deal is on I'll invest.

Willing to give the whole getting fit thing another chance. Last attempt wasn't so successful, lets see how it goes this time around. Need to start going to the gym before work.

I've been walking to and from work every day. 1.5 miles each way so that's a start I guess. Definitely need to lose a lot of weight, always find it difficult to stick to any sort of diet.

Willing to give the whole getting fit thing another chance. Last attempt wasn't so successful, lets see how it goes this time around. Need to start going to the gym before work.

I've been walking to and from work every day. 1.5 miles each way so that's a start I guess. Definitely need to lose a lot of weight, always find it difficult to stick to any sort of diet.

Was it the diet element which saw you not succeed last time? Do you enjoy the gym?

You shouldn't look at it as "going on a diet". It should just be the way you eat daily. For me the motivation to eat well is simply that it will keep me training well and recovering well. I can notice my cardio going tits up quickly after a weekend of full on shitty food.

Was it the diet element which saw you not succeed last time? Do you enjoy the gym?

You shouldn't look at it as "going on a diet". It should just be the way you eat daily. For me the motivation to eat well is simply that it will keep me training well and recovering well. I can notice my cardio going tits up quickly after a weekend of full on shitty food.

Yeah basically this. No point going on a diet for 6 months and eating f**k all to then lose weight and then put it back on when you come off your diet. It should be a way of life (sounds cheesy but correct). Plus its so easy to eat healthy.

Ive been doing very well of late going out for runs in the morning and after work - i had always written off running in public for some reasons but find its pretty easy enough and just go in loops round the park for about half an hour and still go for a swim a few times a week as well. Going to half my membership so its swim only now because i don't need the gym part of it now i go running in the park. Feel great for it as well, had to cancel it last night though and was genuinely disappointed.

Eating healthy is not something that I've ever done really. Difficult to stick to, I'm so used to eating junk constantly.

I do enjoy the gym. It was fun last month when I was working 9-5, gave me something to look forward to after my shift. Now that I've changed to a later shift I'm finding it difficult to find the motivation to go along to the gym before work.

Get a routine going that you enjoy in terms of weights and cardio and then work on your diet as time goes on just making small changes to improve it every once in a while. When you think about it the 3-4 hours a week in the gym is the easy part, most people tend to struggle with what they do for the other 160 or so hours.

Being a lanky streak of piss, I've always avoided the weights section at the gym. Manage the weight machines fine (on embarrassingly low weights) and usually hammer the cardio but have always felt a bit pathetically intimidated by venturing into the free weights section. Any advice for getting started (other than to man up)? I've pretty much no idea where to begin and the staff at my (council) gym are pretty useless.

Edited by 1971

Being a lanky streak of piss, I've always avoided the weights section at the gym. Manage the weight machines fine (on embarrassingly low weights) and usually hammer the cardio but have always felt a bit pathetically intimidated by venturing into the free weights section. Any advice for getting started (other than to man up)? I've pretty much no idea where to begin and the staff at my (council) gym are pretty useless.

I've always found YouTube a decent place to get tips.

Like you I always felt a bit intimidated at the free weights section but it's worth remembering Everyone has to start somewhere.

Probably the best thing is not to kid yourself on picking up weights that are far to heavy.The amount of people in my gym who do two reps then grunt and fire a dumbbell onto the floor is comical.

Find a good weight plan on the great wide web and go from there. You'll find good instructionals on YouTube and the various bodybuilding websites to help you get the correct technique.