The get fit, stay fit thread

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
I saw somewhere that Eddie Hall and Thor are going to have a boxing match.  What a joke.

Presumably a charity fight type deal? What's wrong with that?

The two giant platforms of social media P&B v YouTube. Eddie mate, if you’re reading this and fancy getting burst by an old Fifer, drop me a line x 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

The two giant platforms of social media P&B v YouTube. Eddie mate, if you’re reading this and fancy getting burst by an old Fifer, drop me a line x 

Il make sure the Mountain doesnt try anything. 

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
I saw somewhere that Eddie Hall and Thor are going to have a boxing match.  What a joke.

Presumably a charity fight type deal? What's wrong with that?

It’s on PPV in Vegas, scheduled for September 2021. Apparently they’ve both been offered 7 figure sums by Core Sports.

2nd 5k in a row under 25 minutes there, 24:32 the official time according to Strava. 6 years ago I’d have been gutted to run that slow, now I’m delighted to be getting back to some kind of pace.

Still managing the 100-200 press ups a day also. Results are more impressive than I expected.

Since we went into lockdown I've been properly trying to manage my weight as while I'm active I'm pretty heavy.  I hadn't actually weighed myself for years but have now been tracking my weight twice a week and have lost half a stone in the last five weeks.  I'm conciously adding some HIIT workouts a couple of times a week to help with it and have been watching what I eat a lot more.  I'm different to a lot of people as I find it easier to watch what I eat in the house rather than if I'm working in an office.  I also can't lift heavy as \I don't have a proper home gym so have been using much reduced lifts in my improvised garage gym - 60kg deadlifts, 50 kgs squats, 35 kg overhead press, 45 kg power cleans is all I can really do.  It's not ideal but it's just keeping things ticking over.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Mostly just been doing pressups but I get a wee extra challenge when my toddler decides to ride me like a horse while I'm doing them 😄

Attacked by kid/dog/cat becomes the norm when doing pressups as a family man/codger.

Office to home is about 6k and I've been running to work and back a few times each week. Got a springy punchbag thing in the garden (which along with the skipping and hot tub noise the neighbours love) and decent long dog walks so general fitness feels good but I eat to much and can hammer a big bag of sweets in seconds. Got this strange mix of actual muscular abs at the top of the abdomen that descends in to love handles lower down where all the sugar and food binges go. 

Struggle to find the motivation to do anything about it though. I'm a middle aged man and unlikely to be going on Love Island any time soon. Feel fit and strong in general and find that if I start trying to lose weight it comes off my face first and I look like I've got something terminal. 

Doing some form of exercise 2/3 times daily at the moment.  Mixture of light weights, HIIT, yoga, skating, cycling, bodyweight exercises.  Gym I'm a member of is doing a timetable of online classes throughout lockdown so it's easy for me to get off the couch for a while and go next door and do something.

1 minute ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Doing some form of exercise 2/3 times daily at the moment.  Mixture of light weights, HIIT, yoga, skating, cycling, bodyweight exercises.  Gym I'm a member of is doing a timetable of online classes throughout lockdown so it's easy for me to get off the couch for a while and go next door and do something.

Sounds like you'll be raring for a good tear up when this is over. 

I've put on about half a stone since lockdown. On the plus side, I'm getting pretty close to a 3-plate squat and can still run a 5k in about 24 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sounds like you'll be raring for a good tear up when this is over. 

Definitely, got excess energy not having all the bars and restaurants around here open, living quite monk like just now. Meant to get in touch there's a guythat's doing sessions at the gym I'm at that's from HBG, initials AT, did an online class of combos/bodyweight exercises that he hosted this morning, tough 30 mins, good though.

6 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Definitely, got excess energy not having all the bars and restaurants around here open, living quite monk like just now. Meant to get in touch there's a guythat's doing sessions at the gym I'm at that's from HBG, initials AT, did an online class of combos/bodyweight exercises that he hosted this morning, tough 30 mins, good though.

Excellent - sounds like your looking after yourself. And he's a lovely guy. Normally looks after the morning shift at HBG. 

Before all this i did fives twice and lifted weights three times a week.
Now cycling 10k and lifting weights every day. Body went a bit sore for a while but then just adapted. Maybe because I'm not doing my active type job it can cope?
Got eating and sleep sorted as well which helps.
Spending Saturday night in the garage exercising would seem so alien a few months back. Now I enjoy it, can pump the tunes and chill out.