The get fit, stay fit thread

Does anyone do circuit type stuff in the gym? My training partner is good at coming up with new stuff, but I struggle when on my own.

Maybe folk could post up their circuits here, use it as a wee challenge, like the triathlon we had a while back?
I've posted a few in here, or talked about them. Shared one with you a few posts back.
Do a mixture of calisthenics and weights mostly. There's some good circuit training guides on youtube, mostly body weight though.
The basics are pullups, pushups, squats, ab routine and burpees, jump rope.

One of the best groups are from new york, they post up interviews and guides daily.

Have always looked to motivate myself rather than rely on others and keep changing and pushing things. Been at it for five years or so now but with the lockdown it focused it more.

Check out gunby publishing and his crew of people like brolly gains, red etc.
No bullshit or selling anything.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I've posted a few in here, or talked about them. Shared one with you a few posts back.
Do a mixture of calisthenics and weights mostly. There's some good circuit training guides on youtube, mostly body weight though.
The basics are pullups, pushups, squats, ab routine and burpees, jump rope.

One of the best groups are from new york, they post up interviews and guides daily.

Have always looked to motivate myself rather than rely on others and keep changing and pushing things. Been at it for five years or so now but with the lockdown it focused it more.

Check out gunby publishing and his crew of people like brolly gains, red etc.
No bullshit or selling anything.

Yeah now you mention it I recall you posting that one. 

I want to use the kit that's there tho. To give you an example, the first one we did was Shoulder press, pushups, KB squats, bent over row, deadlift, squat thrusts. Start at 10 reps down to 1. 

Second one was slam ball, sled push, mountain climbers, KB swings, big sledgehammer on the tyre, 40 seconds on, 20 off. 

I will admit that I dont know how effective this type of workout is. I do know I am majorly fucked after it but more importantly, I enjoy it. It doesnt feel a chore at all. 

That sounds pretty good and varied. I'm sure they would have a bar for pullups and dips etc. Try and do some of that and add it into the routine you have already maybe?

Usually ill spend an hour doing mini routines like 5x10-15 pullups, pushups, dips and use a kettle bell for squats and I have a multigym to add isolation stuff.

Sometimes will do 10x10 of one exercise, maybe 20 or 25 down.

Does anyone do circuit type stuff in the gym? My training partner is good at coming up with new stuff, but I struggle when on my own.

Maybe folk could post up their circuits here, use it as a wee challenge, like the triathlon we had a while back?

I did this for a spell. It was full body workout. This was an example

5 pull ups
5 x squats
5 x flat db press
5 x knees to elbows
5 x barbell curls
5 x db fly
5 x skull crushers
5 x db straight leg deadlift
5 x overhead plate raises
5 x abs roller

5 sets of that. Was absolutely fucked aftwr that

On 13/09/2020 at 14:57, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, I think using weights for cardio strength is the best way to train right now. Can send you a Ross Enamait PDF that's good. 

I started back at the gym the week before last.  Tough workouts but thought I was taking it easy enough in terms of weights.

Had DOMS like I had never felt last week which just got worse.  Ended up with a blood test showing high creatine kinase levels and what is believed to be a hopefully mild case of rhabdomyolysis.  Test today showed an improvement so looks like no trip to the hospital needed.

Anyone ever had this before and got experience of returning to exercise after?

I've never had rhabo but from what I know about it it's pretty serious.  I'd go with what the doctor said and also deload fairly drastically.

I benched for the first time this year yesterday, very deloaded but I've still got an ache in my chest today.  

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Don’t drink it. When you feel like drinking some, do something else. You will probably feel a bit off but it’ll pass -it’s Irn Bru not meth.

Not as simple as that.

Suppose I was looking for someone to make a dickish response. 

Have stopped for maybe a month tops but yeah went back to it. Dont drink tea or coffee either ( Guess it's the caffeine) . 

However its bloody lovely having a can of irn bru in any sort of mood as I enjoy it. Id liked this to be replaced with whatever else when I need/ want a drink.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's absolutely that simple tbh.

I wish it was. I'm clearly weak minded. I keep telling my smoking friend who does the shitey vape stuff to get a grip but he is now addicted to that shit. Telt him was that simple to just no go outside on his break. Dosnt listen .

Anyway will see what is best n go from there. Need to put on some weight in all. ( dinna tell is to eat loads ) 

How do you go cold turkey regarding fizzy juice? 
Had this issue with Lucozade a few years ago. Probably tanning about 3 or 4 litres of the stuff every day. Addictive as f**k. Literally stopped at the drop of a hat and never bothered since. Surprisingly easy. Just wish fags were as easy to kick.

Not as simple as that.
Suppose I was looking for someone to make a dickish response. 
Have stopped for maybe a month tops but yeah went back to it. Dont drink tea or coffee either ( Guess it's the caffeine) . 
However its bloody lovely having a can of irn bru in any sort of mood as I enjoy it. Id liked this to be replaced with whatever else when I need/ want a drink.
Carbonated water and diluting juice is a healthy alternative.
Vimto sugar free is quality. Tastes sugary somehow.