The get fit, stay fit thread

Have shifted well over a stone since the start of November after piling it on when my dad passed.

Couldnt run the length of myself to begin with and never been a runner, in the past week I’ve done a 13k last Wednesday, Thursday was a slow 5k, Friday was a rest day due to work, Saturday some resistance band/light weight work and Sunday another 10+k in the bag. 

Genuinely enjoying it ( well after mile 2 usually) and hope to keep it up. 

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

Had some kit on order for my home gym which was due for dispatch first week of January but looks like that won't be here anytime soon. UK company but warehouse is in Germany.

Expecting a shop nearby to get me a 32kg kettlebell first week January, hope that's not affected.

Last gym session done this morning for (at least) 3 weeks.

Only had a run of a couple of weeks since Lanarkshire was last in level 4 but even in that time I feel like I managed to get my strength and endurance pretty much back to the level it was. While it's disappointing that gyms are closing again it's reassuring to know that it only takes 2-3 weeks of decent training to get the numbers back up again.

27 minutes ago, Aufc said:

There is a couple in the gym at 8am taking photos and videos of each other putting the weights on and off a bar

The world is fucked

This kind of behaviour warrants a dumbbell to the puss.  

I've actually found myself getting more and more annoyed by "gym culture" these days.  Perhaps I'm being snobbish, but I tend to think folk (and it's usually women) that come in covered head to toe in Gym Shark clothing are only there to pose and don't have a clue about what they are doing.  Add to that anyone who has an Instagram account with "_fit" at the end, thinking they are some sort of authority on fitness without a single qualification.  Also folk that sit on their phone for 10 minutes between sets, especially when it's busy.  Needed to get that rant off my chest, glad others feel that way. 

Like before I've luckily been able to borrow gym equipment from my rugby club that I'll set up in the dining room once Christmas Day is over - rack, barbell up to 150kg, 32.5kg and 50 kg dumbbells as well as bands should keep me ticking over.  Sadly I think we are looking at another few months without the gyms being allowed to to be open.  

21 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I've actually found myself getting more and more annoyed by "gym culture" these days.  Perhaps I'm being snobbish, but I tend to think folk (and it's usually women) that come in covered head to toe in Gym Shark clothing are only there to pose and don't have a clue about what they are doing.  Add to that anyone who has an Instagram account with "_fit" at the end, thinking they are some sort of authority on fitness without a single qualification.  Also folk that sit on their phone for 10 minutes between sets, especially when it's busy.  Needed to get that rant off my chest, glad others feel that way. 

Like before I've luckily been able to borrow gym equipment from my rugby club that I'll set up in the dining room once Christmas Day is over - rack, barbell up to 150kg, 32.5kg and 50 kg dumbbells as well as bands should keep me ticking over.  Sadly I think we are looking at another few months without the gyms being allowed to to be open.  

My gym seems to be not too bad for this but you do see it sometimes. It is fucking pathetic tbh. Would be seething if someone posted a pic of me lying on the floor fucked, holding down the vomit tbh. If you look good at a gym, you are doing ti wrong IMO.

22 minutes ago, super_carson said:

That's one of the reasons I go to the gym at 6am. It's obviously quieter at that time but those who are there are only interested in getting their workout done and getting out. No posers or arseholes taking selfies.

That's one of the reasons I go to the gym at 6am. It's obviously quieter at that time but those who are there are only interested in getting their workout done and getting out. No posers or arseholes taking selfies.

Thats why i came this early. Its usually dead. Never seen these two twats before. I am getting irrationally pissed off at the wee dick

Thats why i came this early. Its usually dead. Never seen these two twats before. I am getting irrationally pissed off at the wee dick
Aye I don't understand why anyone would drag themselves out of bed to go to the gym to then get there and arse about taking selfies.

50 minutes ago, super_carson said:

There’s a gym in Falkirk that’s relatively new and I’ve not been in person but going by the instagram feed the bit about head to toe in gymshark is spot on.

If you’re working out for anyone but yourself then you’re doing it wrong. 
Put my phone in battery saving mode in case of emergencies and listen to a radio plus I’m in my own garage so I can pull all sorts of weird faces and make as much noise as I want. Might not have all the facilities of a full gym but I can bench press, squat, dead lift and do pull-ups plus isolation dumbbell exercise if I want. Cost me a grand all in but it’s worth it. 
The thought of all these idiots stopping me from doing a workout because they’re messing about would just stop me going tbh.