The get fit, stay fit thread

Only really needing a couple of circuits as opposed to a full-blown plan which I'd have to pay for. Heard P90x is good though.

What's your #lifting like? hammering squats and deadlifts is great for burning fat. On top of that try a bit of tabata training - Reyanrd has expalined it on here a few times.

What's your #lifting like? hammering squats and deadlifts is great for burning fat. On top of that try a bit of tabata training - Reyanrd has expalined it on here a few times.

There is far more to exercise than just lifting.

Doing well so far. Out running at least every second day, playing a lot of golf and been swimming a few times as well.

Lost just over 3 pounds in a fortnight, happy with that, was aiming for between 1 and 2 pounds a week. Feeling fitter already though and that's the main aim. It's bloody difficult running in this heat though!

Got the all clear from my groin injury which really just humped everything from a training perspective from last year.

Have almost chucked smoking, which when my return to pre-season training on Tuesday I’m guessing was the reason I felt as though I had no time off at all. I have lost weight though. Probably too much. Will need to up my game after I’ve gotten back into the swing of things.

There's no such thing as fat burning exercise: fat loss is all about diet.

Having said that, certain types of exercise help burn a lot of calories, helping to create a caloric deficit. I'll post a couple of good circuits when I get home, as Lanky is my decebro. #cutsforthesluts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Disagree entirely, whats pointless about it? I started using it about 3 years ago and knew that being 15 1/2 stone 60 days wasnt going to see me looking like an athlete at the end of 60 days but I stuck at it and have used it on and off ever since and i'm now at 10 stone 6 with my body fat percentage sitting around 16%. Who says anyone has to go back to doing nothing and eating shite too? Once you get near your goal weight you can cut it down to 3 days a week and still lose weight/tone up.

Because it's the exercise equivalent of a diet. It promotes short term goals whereas your fitness goals should be an ongoing process for the rest of your days. I'm curious to know what Shaun T tells you do do at the end of the last DVD?

Insanity and P90x are the exact same kind of product as those exercise DVDs starring birds from the soaps that fat birds buy, given macho names so that guys can do them and not feel gay. #justsayin

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

First night of preseason training for me tonight. Started with 800m jog to warm up, then 6 40m sprints, another lap of the track, 5 30ish metre sprints, another lap then another 5 sprints about 20m then a warm down lap and some stretches. Having done nothing for about 3 months, I was screwed after that.

Couple of questions folks...

I've added the military press to my compound routine. Obviously I;m lifting very little on it bevause I;m still new, so it was the bar and 5k plates. I do find myself getting a bit light headed doing them, and can only do a few before thinking i should wrap it to be safe.

On both occasions however, it has come at the end of my routine - should I be doing my lifts in a certain order to maximise what I;m getting out of it. Right now i'm l do

Squat

Bench

Row

Deadlift

Press

I realsie the ideal thing to do is to split the rountine into two, especuially the two major leg exericese but because I can;t always make the gym 3+ times a week I like to get them all in in one session. Thoughts, hints tips anyone?

Also - what apps do people find the most useful for diet and exercise.

First night of preseason training for me tonight. Started with 800m jog to warm up, then 6 40m sprints, another lap of the track, 5 30ish metre sprints, another lap then another 5 sprints about 20m then a warm down lap and some stretches. Having done nothing for about 3 months, I was screwed after that.

Was that it?

That seems extremely mild for pre season training at any level.

Looking to get a bit more scientific with my eating. I currently eat healthy (plenty protein and veg, and good quality carbs) but my portion sizes are just done by eye. Are there any good websites where you can calculate your exact dietary needs based on certain goals and level of activity?

I've added the military press to my compound routine. Obviously I;m lifting very little on it bevause I;m still new, so it was the bar and 5k plates. I do find myself getting a bit light headed doing them, and can only do a few before thinking i should wrap it to be safe.

On both occasions however, it has come at the end of my routine - should I be doing my lifts in a certain order to maximise what I;m getting out of it. Right now i'm l do

Squat

Bench

Row

Deadlift

Press

I realsie the ideal thing to do is to split the rountine into two, especuially the two major leg exericese but because I can;t always make the gym 3+ times a week I like to get them all in in one session. Thoughts, hints tips anyone?

Other people will know better than me (probs, mhak) but I tend to do the exercises I'm weaker at at the start of my routine - bench, military press and pullups. I just find I have more energy to do these first and can still hit it hard enough on the squats and deadlifts at the end of a workout. I used to do a fair bit of cycling and currently play football 3 times a week so that may be why legs are more used to being worked.

This could be completely wrong but it seems to work for me.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Other people will know better than me (probs, mhak) but I tend to do the exercises I'm weaker at at the start of my routine - bench, military press and pullups. I just find I have more energy to do these first and can still hit it hard enough on the squats and deadlifts at the end of a workout. I used to do a fair bit of cycling and currently play football 3 times a week so that may be why legs are more used to being worked.

This could be completely wrong but it seems to work for me.

Cheers, I try and keep the squats and deadlifts fairly far apart to give my legs time to recover, and also becuase they;re the ehaviest loads. Would make sense if I did my shoulder press early on though, when I'm less fatigued.

Squat

Bench

Row

Deadlift

Press

I don't use an app for my diet. Depends on what you want to do. The basics are all about calories. mhak will know more in depth but, if you take in less calories than you burn, then you will lose weight. If you want to bulk up then take in more calories than you burn.

On days i have high carbs then i have low fats and vice versa. That said, i tend npt to eat too many carbs.

My diet is basically

Breakfast - full fat yoghurt and fruit

Lunch - tuna/chicken salad

Dinner - chicken/ fish and brocolli and sweet potato

Snack - nuts

Snack - nuts

DEEZnuts?

I was talking to my physio about diets the other day there and he said that diets are fine if you want the numbers on the scales to go down but you'll only be losing muscle mass you wont be losing any of the harmful fats in your body. Thoughts?

DEEZnuts?

I was talking to my physio about diets the other day there and he said that diets are fine if you want the numbers on the scales to go down but you'll only be losing muscle mass you wont be losing any of the harmful fats in your body. Thoughts?

Diets are a pile of pish. A balanced diet and lots of exercise is all you need