The get fit, stay fit thread

Still think you could get away with eating more (I'd start off on 2000 calories at least and adjust based on how your body reacts) and would include more veg personally. Otherwise it's pretty much fine. If your exercise is mostly cardio then protein's probably fine. How many grammes of fat does MFP have you down on? It's important not to let fats drop too low. It looks like it should be fine, though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The goal of fat is 106, I'm on 40 atm.

I know I should probably eat a bit more veg, but I'm going for a big shop tomorrow so I should be able to get quite a few things.

What I should say is that the 8 mile walk/speedwalk/jog is doing me quite well I think. I feel better as well which is good. I might reward myself tonight with a wee chocky biscuit.

The goal of fat is 106, I'm on 40 atm.

I know I should probably eat a bit more veg, but I'm going for a big shop tomorrow so I should be able to get quite a few things.

What I should say is that the 8 mile walk/speedwalk/jog is doing me quite well I think. I feel better as well which is good. I might reward myself tonight with a wee chocky biscuit.

I wouldn't bother too much about hitting their targets for p/c/f as long as your calories are okay, but I wouldn't go below 0.4g fat/lb bodyweight as that can lead to issues with hormone production among other things. It's a mistake I've made myself in the past, which is why I keep banging on about it.

Seems that you've got a good attitude to this. If you're feeling positive about the exercise then that's great.

One thing I can't emphasise enough is - well done on that amount of walking.  It's a massively underrated exercise.

Aye, I've travelled on foot 16 miles in two days with a mixture of power walking and jogging. I find the power walking to be tougher than the jogging, but that could just be because my knee's are quite weak. It really is making me feel good thiugh.

I've been doing quite a bit of running recently with pre season training then out in the country on my days off. I also do a lot if core like press ups, sit ups, squats etc. I'm feeling really good about myself although I've never really been over weight, just the odd slight belly from drinking. I do eat fairly healthy and I include my 5 a day plus a fair amount of veg for tea. I also try not to snack on shite like crisps and chocolate although I do give in now and again. The only thing I'm concerned about is the amount of protein and my calorie intake. If I don't eat meat with my tea, I don't really have a large source of protein although I do take the protein shakes nw and again so could you supplement the meat for that each day? I feel my calorie intake is fairly low and with the hard work outs at training, I'm wondering if its doing any harm. I feel like I'm getting slimmer and toning up but I'm wondering if my low calorie intake will cause. Arm?

I've been doing quite a bit of running recently with pre season training then out in the country on my days off. I also do a lot if core like press ups, sit ups, squats etc. I'm feeling really good about myself although I've never really been over weight, just the odd slight belly from drinking. I do eat fairly healthy and I include my 5 a day plus a fair amount of veg for tea. I also try not to snack on shite like crisps and chocolate although I do give in now and again. The only thing I'm concerned about is the amount of protein and my calorie intake. If I don't eat meat with my tea, I don't really have a large source of protein although I do take the protein shakes nw and again so could you supplement the meat for that each day? I feel my calorie intake is fairly low and with the hard work outs at training, I'm wondering if its doing any harm. I feel like I'm getting slimmer and toning up but I'm wondering if my low calorie intake will cause. Arm?

With that kind of training your protein requirements will be increased but not by that much. Eat more if you want, but you won't need huge amounts. Most people eat more than they need.

It's kind of difficult to say if a low intake will do any harm without seeing any numbers.

With that kind of training your protein requirements will be increased but not by that much. Eat more if you want, but you won't need huge amounts. Most people eat more than they need.

It's kind of difficult to say if a low intake will do any harm without seeing any numbers.

I had training on Monday and I've worked out my intake to be around 1700, give or take 100. Personally I think I need to eat a lot more and I'm going to give it a try starting next week. Would you recommend taking protein shakes instead of meat etc? It's not that I'm being lazy, it's just going to be the cost each month.

I had training on Monday and I've worked out my intake to be around 1700, give or take 100. Personally I think I need to eat a lot more and I'm going to give it a try starting next week. Would you recommend taking protein shakes instead of meat etc? It's not that I'm being lazy, it's just going to be the cost each month.

Do you already have the shakes? I wouldn't run out and buy any if you don't already have them, as you should be able to get enough from whole foods. My recommendation to anyone is to get as much as possible from whole foods (meat, fish, eggs, dairy, pulses, legumes etc). Shakes are fine if they're more convenient or whatever, but real food's always better. Gramme for gramme whey protein tends to be the cheapest source, so if money's an issue then go for it. You don't need to be slamming down shakes or eating ridiculous amounts of protein, though.

1700 does sound very low. Even if you're trying to lose weight that's a very low intake for any male.

Do you already have the shakes? I wouldn't run out and buy any if you don't already have them, as you should be able to get enough from whole foods. My recommendation to anyone is to get as much as possible from whole foods (meat, fish, eggs, dairy, pulses, legumes etc). Shakes are fine if they're more convenient or whatever, but real food's always better. Gramme for gramme whey protein tends to be the cheapest source, so if money's an issue then go for it. You don't need to be slamming down shakes or eating ridiculous amounts of protein, though.

1700 does sound very low. Even if you're trying to lose weight that's a very low intake for any male.

Yeah, I've already got a large tub from my time when I went to the gym. Yeah I see what your saying and I will try to eat more whole foods instead of the shakes, for instance I had a steak, carrots and broccoli for tea tonight. Yeah I realised that the recommended calorie intake for a male is 2500 so I knw I'm a fair distance of that. Perhaps if I up my food intake, heathy obviously then I might gets results quicker.

I usually aim for around 2200 calories per day. With 30-35 minutes of cardio thrown in too. Which constists of either a 30 minute treadmill jog, or HIIT/Circuit training. I look leaner around the waste and my arms and legs look more defined, dem calves btw. This coupled wih my face and chat and I'm a solid 9/10.

#Wid

I actually think it's amazing value for it being free. It's fantastic and it has loads of food nutritional values preset. The fact you can scan barcodes as well is a neat touch.

Yeah it definitely is. The barcode scanning tool is handy as f**k to get the nutritional values straight away.

People on here are eating poverty calories, like. 3500 a day, come at me brahs. Actually slightly lost weight over the past two weeks on 3400 a day, which was annoying.

I used that fitness pal app to get my calories. Said to take 2290 a day. I do a shedload of exercise, although cant do cardio the now as my ankle is fucked. Just been bashing the weights so getting cut for the sluts.

Feeling pretty fit and should be looking awfy #reem for ibiza in two weeks

Does anyone find that age and getting older is a barrier to losing weight? I am on less than 2000 calories a day for at least two months, don't drink or smoke and have not lost a pound in weight in that time. I was running 6k a day 4 times a week on the treadmill plus some weights. Stopped the treadmill 6 months ago due to a back issue and ready to get back running again.

Does anyone find that age and getting older is a barrier to losing weight? I am on less than 2000 calories a day for at least two months, don't drink or smoke and have not lost a pound in weight in that time. I was running 6k a day 4 times a week on the treadmill plus some weights. Stopped the treadmill 6 months ago due to a back issue and ready to get back running again.

Had you been dieting quite a long time? Your metabolism does slow down as you get older, but dieting for long periods does the same.

Btw guys, I wouldn't take MFP recommendations for intakes seriously. Use a decent method like the Harris Benedict, Mifflin St. Jeor or Katch-McCardle equation to work out maintenance, adjust accordingly and just use MFP to track. You can input custom goals, which is what I've done.

People on here are eating poverty calories, like. 3500 a day, come at me brahs. Actually slightly lost weight over the past two weeks on 3400 a day, which was annoying.

I just cant see where I personally could lose weight eating that many calories. Im not in the gym every day so dont have the exercise to counteract that amount of calories. I'm currently on less than 2000 and im struggling to lose any weight. Getting exercise about 4-5 days a week now and still nothing.

I just cant see where I personally could lose weight eating that many calories. Im not in the gym every day so dont have the exercise to counteract that amount of calories. I'm currently on less than 2000 and im struggling to lose any weight. Getting exercise about 4-5 days a week now and still nothing.

I wasn't telling you to eat 3500 calories a day. It's how many I'm on, and I'm trying to gain weight.

I'm 100% sure that most people who claim to be struggling to lose weight on an intake as low as this are either counting wrongly, going massively over on 'cheat days' or most likely both.