The get fit, stay fit thread

I got an indoor one for £10, you put in in the frame of the door. It came yesterday, I put it up last night.

Chin ups are pretty hard going :lol: Will persevere with it, it'll be easy to do some in the morning just as I get up.

Thought this might be the best place to put this. :)

My name is Tam, and I am an Independent Distributor of Herbalife.

Herbalife offer a range of products to suit everyone:

Weight Management (Loss/Gain) Products

Nutrition

Sports, Energy & Fitness

Personal Care (Such as Skin & Hair)

I have been using the Weight Management products with the objective of losing weight. In only two weeks I have lost 8lbs. I have so much more energy and motivation. I also feel fitter and healther. My fiance's father used the Weight Management products also for weight loss and lost a staggering 4 and a half stone in just four and a half months. He still uses the products to sucessfully maintain his weight.

Please get in touch with your personal aims and objectives, and I'll be able to help you find the right products to help you achieve them.

Thought this might be the best place to put this.  :)

My name is Tam, and I am an Independent Distributor of Herbalife.

Herbalife offer a range of products to suit everyone:

Weight Management (Loss/Gain) Products

Nutrition

Sports, Energy & Fitness

Personal Care (Such as Skin & Hair)

I have been using the Weight Management products with the objective of losing weight. In only two weeks I have lost 8lbs. I have so much more energy and motivation. I also feel fitter and healther. My fiance's father used the Weight Management products also for weight loss and lost a staggering 4 and a half stone in just four and a half months. He still uses the products to sucessfully maintain his weight.

Please get in touch with your personal aims and objectives, and I'll be able to help you find the right products to help you achieve them.

Funnily enough, and this is no slight on you as a person, but I lost 12lbs in two weeks at the beginning of my weight loss programme which involved a good diet and 8 miles of walking a day. And it was mostly cost free. I wouldn't pay for stuff like that.

Have to agree. One of my pals set up doing this Herbalife thing so i tried it for a couple of months as a bit of a favour (with a sizeable discount of course).

Basically it did absolutely nothing that I didn't achieve in the following months by not eating shite and getting regular exercise. I take it Herbalife are on some sort of recruitment drive, as a few females i know on Facebook are advertising the same as the above, with the exact same wording.

I'm possibly being cynical, but it just seems to be the latest way to relieve gullible, self-conscious people of monthly wads of cash for next to f**k all.

I expected this kind of reaction to be fair, which is fine and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does work for people and it does get results. I totally agree it's not everyone's cup of tea.

But for me personally (who has done the whole Gym/Watch what you eat) malarky before, it's given me a new lease of life and I have so much energy than I have ever had before. It can change people's lifes, it's certainly changed my father in laws.

Just one shake a day has:

More Vitamin A than a Mango
More Fibre than 50g of Broccoli
More Iron than 115g of Beans
More Calcium than 200g of Yoghurt
More Vitamin C than a Banana
More Protein than a Chicken Thigh (62g)

If you compare a shake and core nutrition tablets to a Tesco chicken salad sandwich, a packet of crisps and a bottle of juice, the difference is scary!

Shake

Calories 217

Protein 17.6g

Sugar 20.9g

Fat 6.7g

Sat Fat 3.3g

Sodium 0.28g

Tesco Lunch

Calories 780

Protein 29.8g

Sugar 25g

Fat 26g

Sat Fat 11g

Sodium 1.4g

Everyone is different and I totally respect that, but this stuff can and has changed peoples lifes. Exercise and eating nutritious balanced meals are also a huge part of it.

There's a whole range of products available, several football players use to improve fitness and be more healthy.

Whilst it's certainly not for everyone as it is quite hard going to start with, it has changed my life personally.

Edited by Tam M

Have to agree. One of my pals set up doing this Herbalife thing so i tried it for a couple of months as a bit of a favour (with a sizeable discount of course).

Basically it did absolutely nothing that I didn't achieve in the following months by not eating shite and getting regular exercise. I take it Herbalife are on some sort of recruitment drive, as a few females i know on Facebook are advertising the same as the above, with the exact same wording.

I'm possibly being cynical, but it just seems to be the latest way to relieve gullible, self-conscious people of monthly wads of cash for next to f**k all.

Can't be the same wording as I wrote that up myself ten minutes ago. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I expected this kind of reaction to be fair, which is fine and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it does work for people and it does get results. I totally agree it's not everyone's cup of tea.

But for me personally (who has done the whole Gym/Watch what you eat) malarky before, it's given me a new lease of life and I have so much energy than I have ever had before. It can change people's lifes, it's certainly changed my father in laws.

Just one shake a day has:

More Vitamin A than a Mango

More Fibre than 50g of Broccoli

More Iron than 115g of Beans

More Calcium than 200g of Yoghurt

More Vitamin C than a Banana

More Protein than a Chicken Thigh (62g)

If you compare a shake and core nutrition tablets to a Tesco chicken salad sandwich, a packet of crisps and a bottle of juice, the difference is scary!

Cutting the fat straight off your body with a knife also works, if you're goal is to lose weight by any means possible. That doesn't mean it's good for you. Weight change by losing weight is temporary...weight change by adopting a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable long term, stays with you for as long as you live that lifestyle.

Even losing weight by these herbalife methods, it's not a long term lifestyle...it's an artificial way of losing weight and eventually once the weight is lost you'll go back to eating actual food, which will result in putting some weight back on again....and because the person has gained no knowledge or experience of how to eat and balance a diet, it will generally be back to what they know....which is how they got in the unhealthy situation in the first place. Herbalife strips weight off you. It does NOT teach you how to have a healthy and balanced diet, and is therefore next to useless for someone trying to change their life.

Also I think their advertising examples would be much less misleading if they actually made the comparisons against an example meal that's actually balanced and healthy, as opposed to a Tesco Meal Deal.

Edited by Al B

• 1 month later...

I've been off the booze for 2 months and stopped buying chocolate and shit about 6 months ago. Eating less and comparatively healthily. I haven't been exercising anymore than I usually do which is nothing although with no motor I walk a fair bit just going about my day.

I don't have scales but have dropped a few inches round the waist and will have lost a fair bit of weight.

I am however still overweight.

My question for the experts, if I keep doing this will the weight still keep coming off and does there come a time when you need to add a proper exercise regime to complete the process?

First bit of exercise in 3 weeks last night, after taking a bit of time off following the Luzern half marathon. Have had to join the gym as it's too dark to go out for a decent run by the time I get in from work. Done a wee bit of core work then absolutely beasted it for 45 minutes on a bike. Legs were a bit sore this morning but slowly recovering. We'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done anyexercise for a while now, I'll still go to the gym do some weight but no cardio,with the dark nights coming in I can't be arsed going out myself, and I can feel the weight starting to come back on I also hate running on the treadmill in the gym

I was thinking about joining one of these outdoor bootcamp, mainly because I think it would motivate me working with a group of people

Had anyone even tried them before?

I have, used to play it years ago. Only 2 problems with that

1. Don't have a hall

2. Nobody wants to play it

:( That's no use.

I see boot camps go on in a park I go past when I go to football. It's usually in dark conditions though which seems strange but hey ho. They seem to do a lot of star jumps and jogging on the spot.

I've been off the booze for 2 months and stopped buying chocolate and shit about 6 months ago. Eating less and comparatively healthily. I haven't been exercising anymore than I usually do which is nothing although with no motor I walk a fair bit just going about my day.

I don't have scales but have dropped a few inches round the waist and will have lost a fair bit of weight.

I am however still overweight.

My question for the experts, if I keep doing this will the weight still keep coming off and does there come a time when you need to add a proper exercise regime to complete the process?

You'd probably need to supply more learned folk with facts and figures - but if you've replaced the beer and chocolate with healthy alternatives you're doing pretty well.

Well I have decided that I have to get fitter and healthier as I am overweight and back problems mean I can't run shit food off anymore!

I have started swimming and am training for this:

http://www.greatswim.org/scotland

Hoping the swimming an a better diet will see the weight start to come off and hopefully help with the back pain.