The get fit, stay fit thread

Back into it as last year I was doing great, losing about 2 and a half stone by June time. After I had been my holiday I lost all focus and when it came to September and going to Ibiza I looked absolutely terrible.

Back upto 18st as of 2 weeks ago, which I was when I started back last year. Been doing Insanity before going to work. I'm about to complete my 2nd week of it, I also do 2 spin classes a week, football training on a Thursday and playing in goals on a Saturday. Insanity is really hard but I had a great start last week, going down to 17st 6lbs.

Been drinking plenty of water and food wise I usually have cereal for breakfast with semi skimmed milk, brown bread sandwiches for lunch or soup, and for dinner usually chicken and veg. I felt brilliant last year when I was doing it and already feeling benefits of it in the way of getting better rest.

For your breakfast you are better to have a high protein, high fat meal. Cereal is full of sugar. I usually have 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, red peppers and red onion. Then have it with some avocado.

For your breakfast you are better to have a high protein, high fat meal. Cereal is full of sugar. I usually have 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, red peppers and red onion. Then have it with some avocado.

I usually have two whole eggs with wholemeal toast and a protein shake with milk so I get my Whey and casein before I head to the gym.

I usually have two whole eggs with wholemeal toast and a protein shake with milk so I get my Whey and casein before I head to the gym.

Aye that will do. If you are taking casein then you are better taking before bed since its slowing releasing and will work throughout the night.

Aye that will do. If you are taking casein then you are better taking before bed since its slowing releasing and will work throughout the night.

Aye it's to ensure that you stay full throughout the night. It's good for the gym though as it's a decent slow release energy source.

Aye it's to ensure that you stay full throughout the night. It's good for the gym though as it's a decent slow release energy source.

How often are yoi training and what are yoi doing? Supplements are not a huge requirement if yoi are only doing light weights and exercise. You can get all of it from your diet. I always laugh when i see really skinny people walking round with a protein shake in the gym

I'm looking for quite serious lean muscle mass gain. I've got my body fat down to a good % and I've got a decent frame to build muscle on having played sports quite a bit in my earlier teenage years. Go to the gym 4 times a week. My diet is pretty much sorted as well.

My good start seems to be continuing ... another 3.25lbs off on Wednesday's weigh in.

I should make significant progress in February as for some stupid reason I agreed to give up alcohol, fags and caffeine for a month, as a knock on effect this means my sugar intake will drop a good bit.

On the downside, I'll probably end the month in jail, unemployed and single.

I'm looking for quite serious lean muscle mass gain. I've got my body fat down to a good % and I've got a decent frame to build muscle on having played sports quite a bit in my earlier teenage years. Go to the gym 4 times a week. My diet is pretty much sorted as well.

You are either trying to get "lean" or build muscle.

You should follow a guy called adam gethin on facebook. And also his conpany creating physiques. He usually posts good advice

You are either trying to get "lean" or build muscle.

You should follow a guy called adam gethin on facebook. And also his conpany creating physiques. He usually posts good advice

Obviously when I say lean muscle mass I mean muscle. I've already got to the point where I'm lean enough. I usually take my advice from Furious Pete. :)

Obviously when I say lean muscle mass I mean muscle. I've already got to the point where I'm lean enough. I usually take my advice from Furious Pete. :)

Well if yoi are wanting to put muscle on then yoi need to start shovelling lots kf good food down you

Well if yoi are wanting to put muscle on then yoi need to start shovelling lots kf good food down you

My calorific needs if I'm wanting to put on muscle is 3090 calories a day. Quite easy to do that on protein and complex carbs.

When I get paid in a couple of weeks I am going to order an LQM pack of chicken to do me for my lunches at work and in mornings probably have porridge or eggs and toast. Did my 2nd week of insanity and another 4 lbs down, 10 in 2 weeks. Really felt the benefits of it at football today as I felt alot fitter too.

Slightly off topic but, I have a blister on my toe from a jog the other night and have a game tomorrow afternoon, any ideas on how to deal with it? Leave it or burst the bugger?

Use a thread and a needle to burst the blister. The needle with puncture the blister and the thread will soak up any moisture. I'm a regular hill walker in Scotland and the continent and we use this technique, 2 or 3 days later you will be absolutely normal.

I've kind of came to that wall where I'm just a few pounds off what I want to be and I can't seem to lose the rest. I set my goal at 12 stone and I'm currently on 12st4. I'm not fat at all, fairly slim but I'd like to reach my goal.

I train twice a week, play 5s twice a week and play football games twice a week. Eat healthy, plenty of fruit and veg, a lot of water and no shite apart from bevvy once a week.

Annoyed as I've not reached my goal but on the other side I'm not.

Back #lifting after a dodgy month or so, managing 3 times a week since late december.

My big change from my normal routine has been ditiching the smith machine for the actual squat rack. Having got over the intitial fear that I'd fall over the difference is amazing - you can squat much lower and you feel the stretch much more. Obviosuly I;ve sacrificed some weight but it's slowly going back up anyway.