The Sopranos

yoda

Boy at my work is a big fan of The Wire (best show of all time) and hasn't watched The Sopranos (2nd best), keep telling him to watch it. 

Big drop off after those 2 for me, Mad Men and Breaking Bad next not including Seinfeld and Curb which I rate higher. 

Edited by Boostin' Kev

29 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Boy at my work is a big fan of The Wire (best show of all time) and hasn't watched The Sopranos (2nd best), keep telling him to watch it. 

Big drop off after those 2 for me, Mad Men and Breaking Bad next not including Seinfeld and Curb which I rate higher. 

This is how i see it also regarding The Wire and The Sopranos. For me Game of Thrones next

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly through series 1, dug out our dvd boxset at the weekend, for another re-watch.

There is so much to see & hear that you could have missed before.

Tony's mother was a great character, a key figure throughout the 1st series.

• 4 weeks later...

Confession: I've never seen a single episode of the Sopranos (and I love Goodfellas etc etc), heard some random person on a videogame podcast of all things say they wished they could erase their memory and watch it from the start.

I think sod it I should just give it a watch, go on google to see where its available and then get told its on amazon prime. NICE! I think only to go on there and see that its £1.50 per episode 

Going to seek it out though, my main complaint about american shows is they go on too long but 86 episodes is pretty manageable. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Confession: I've never seen a single episode of the Sopranos (and I love Goodfellas etc etc), heard some random person on a videogame podcast of all things say they wished they could erase their memory and watch it from the start.

I think sod it I should just give it a watch, go on google to see where its available and then get told its on amazon prime. NICE! I think only to go on there and see that its £1.50 per episode 

Going to seek it out though, my main complaint about american shows is they go on too long but 86 episodes is pretty manageable. 

https://www.dvsale.uk/The-Sopranos--Complete-Collection_p_146.html

I'd check this firm out before buying, but DVD is the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Doctor said:

11 quid! Cannay knock it at that price, cheers @welshbairn

It's more like a well done Mafia families version of Coronation Street than Goodfellas, so don't expect constant shoot em ups, but you're in for a treat if you stick with it!

On 14/06/2020 at 21:59, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I think he's just getting bored of it all now and wants to move on. When I read that yesterday I thought "Aye, that's been thought out that way". 

On 15/06/2020 at 18:17, welshbairn said:

https://www.dvsale.uk/The-Sopranos--Complete-Collection_p_146.html

I'd check this firm out before buying, but DVD is the way to go.

That price surely can't be real? I got it in the sale at £50 and thought that was a bargain. The picture on the site looks nothing like the box set though.. 

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dvsale.uk

Apparently they advertise it as a physical copy then send you a download link.

Yeah, I just looked at their business address on google maps and it's a block of flats in Birmingham. It does explain in bad English in the T&C's, but nobody looks at that. In my defence I said check them out before buying!

Our store selling only digital products instant delivery. When you submit order you agree to receive digital product to your registered email and your created account on our website. Also you agree not request refund after payment.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

The most pathetic character in the entire series is Artie. It's not even close.

Batters Benny and is married to Charmaine and her huge mams. He gets a pass. 

The correct and  saddest answer to that is Adrianna. The controversial answer is...... Tony.