Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Thats the weaponised vision that the military create, he is basically vision but without any sort of human emotions, feelings etc, in the comics white vision was prominent with scarlett witch storylines, as well as their two kids

Cheers.

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Think you’re right, don’t think there will be a second series either but if there was, it doesn’t have to be in its current location, it would just be “the further adventures of...”!!!

Well the WhiteVision is the Jarvis and Ultron part, they’ve just got the body and components up and running in Westview the Vision is ALL mindstone, you saw it in yesterday’s episode that’s three parts that have to combine!!!

Aye but the westview vision is simply a manifestation of her mind is it not? surely they arent saying that wanda was powerful enough to create an infinity stone from grief, fridays episode i just took that she created a new vision, like how she seemingly created visions boss from the first episode

Aye but the westview vision is simply a manifestation of her mind is it not? surely they arent saying that wanda was powerful enough to create an infinity stone from grief, fridays episode i just took that she created a new vision, like how she seemingly created visions boss from the first episode

In the comics she’s powerful enough to create an Infinity Stone, don’t know if they will replicate that in the MCU though!!!
Also another thought regarding the Nexus advert, I’m wondering if it’s a bit of a red herring as to Westview being a Nexus Point in the Multiverse and Wanda herself being a “Nexus-Being”, and if it’s perhaps hinting more to the Nexus Internet Hub that Ultron raided to get the nuclear codes and it’s also where Jarvis hid by scattering himself across the internet when he was attacked by Ultron, perhaps this is possibly a way that Vision could be brought back!!!
I’m going to be very disappointed if the WhiteVision doesn’t have Ultron’s voice, as it’s basically just the rebooted body which Ultron got about 50-60% of himself downloaded into before he was interrupted in Korea and the Avengers finished off by adding the rescued Jarvis and the Mindstone!!!

Excellent ending, think it’s safe to say that as fans, there’s definitely a lot of overthinking done when perhaps the show writers are just focusing on a much simpler tale, although they are absolute fuckers for laying out the Easter-eggs and red herrings!!!
Also there’s Two bonus scenes this week, mid-credit and end-credit!!!

If that's the standard of the Marvel franchise going forward then I will continue to throw every penny at it. Brilliant series. Bodes well for the Falcon and Loki ones coming up. Pretty much one a week of them til Autumn then into Spider-Man. Happy days.

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Excellent ending, think it’s safe to say that as fans, there’s definitely a lot of overthinking done when perhaps the show writers are just focusing on a much simpler tale, although they are absolute fuckers for laying out the Easter-eggs and red herrings!!!
Also there’s Two bonus scenes this week, mid-credit and end-credit!!!

Yup, thought iron mans death was a bit of a choker, by f**k that today really went to tear you apart

I liked how they tied it in with spiderman far from home as well 

I still think she'll be the villain in dr strange 2, shes now the most powerful being in the mcu by a considerable distance, so will be good to see how they take it forward

On another note, massive massive rumours of a project titled "the mutants" coming to marvel, given what we have just seen there must be a good bit of weight behing the rumours, be interesting to see how they go about it as when people think of mutants they think x-men, wolverine and such, and obviously they havent been in mcu earth or universe so far, 

So will marvel try change the whole mutant series up and aim away from the mutant regulars we all know, or will they use the multiverse project to give us wolverine, xavier etc

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

If that's the standard of the Marvel franchise going forward then I will continue to throw every penny at it. Brilliant series. Bodes well for the Falcon and Loki ones coming up. Pretty much one a week of them til Autumn then into Spider-Man. Happy days.

Agreed, marvel are on a roll that is probably going to tie up the next decade already, the whole universe is so interwoven and deeply thought out, its unreal just how much they have grabbed our interest

10 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I knew i was forgetting something when i watched that episode

The darkhold was seen in agents of shield, and it corrupts the mind of whoever reads it while drawing its power from other dimensions

Agents of shield isn't canon, unfortunately.

Anyway fantastic finale. We didn't know about the second credit scene as we had it on mute. Luckily my daughter noticed it.

Enjoyed that, an excellent series. I wasn't that fussed about Dr Strange but will definitely watch the sequel now to see how our Wanda is getting on.

Looking ahead to the next series, though... 

"After being handed the mantle of Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame (2019), Sam Wilson teams up with Bucky Barnes in a worldwide adventure that puts their abilities to the test as they fight the anti-patriotism group the Flag-Smashers."

To be honest, that sounds absolute w**k... surely they aren't really going to produce a tub-thumping jingoistic patriotic series where the "baddies" disrespect the flag... especially on the back of the Black Lives Matter movement?

Without giving too much plot away, can someone who knows the comics please reassure me that it won't be that?

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Enjoyed that, an excellent series. I wasn't that fussed about Dr Strange but will definitely watch the sequel now to see how our Wanda is getting on.

Looking ahead to the next series, though... 

"After being handed the mantle of Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame (2019), Sam Wilson teams up with Bucky Barnes in a worldwide adventure that puts their abilities to the test as they fight the anti-patriotism group the Flag-Smashers."

To be honest, that sounds absolute w**k... surely they aren't really going to produce a tub-thumping jingoistic patriotic series where the "baddies" disrespect the flag... especially on the back of the Black Lives Matter movement?

Without giving too much plot away, can someone who knows the comics please reassure me that it won't be that?

Zemo is back as the baddie. His appearance in Civil War is more than enough to convince me it won't be shit.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agents of shield isn't canon, unfortunately.

Anyway fantastic finale. We didn't know about the second credit scene as we had it on mute. Luckily my daughter noticed it.

Theres talk that it was up until a certain point, dont forget, they suffered the shield collapse to hydra as well, plus agents of shield set up age of ultron when coulsen found the hydra base and told fury

I get that full blown storylines might not be canon, but something like the darkhold can be given its only an object

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

"We've said goodbye before, so it's stands to reason we'll say hello again" absolutely got me. Brilliant TV, Falcon and the Winter Soldier has a lot to live up to.

I think FaWS wont be as in depth and plot thick as wandavision was, it will plant some seeds for future stuff but not like wandavision did imo

I think disney/marvel will have wanted a more light hearted, more carefree show to follow up from wandavision, then when thats done we start getting magic and gods thrown at us again with loki's show

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Theres talk that it was up until a certain point, dont forget, they suffered the shield collapse to hydra as well, plus agents of shield set up age of ultron when coulsen found the hydra base and told fury

I get that full blown storylines might not be canon, but something like the darkhold can be given its only an object

While it definitely follows the films, I'd read it's not considered canon as it wasn't run by Feige. I gave up on it maybe four episodes in to the first season. Read years later that it gets good at the hydra reveal and went back to it. Great TV. Still need to finish it.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

While it definitely follows the films, I'd read it's not considered canon as it wasn't run by Feige. I gave up on it maybe four episodes in to the first season. Read years later that it gets good at the hydra reveal and went back to it. Great TV. Still need to finish it.

Its kinda went too far down the rabbit hole near the end of its run, but aye it was class for a good while