Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

How did Wolverine get his metal claws back in the future? I thought they used up all the adamantium when they first operated on him?

- Did they say that? I can't remember. Anyway, he's the same guy, so would have had it bonded to him by that time. In any case, I think that, while rare, it's meant to be obtainable. There was a vat of the stuff that he killed the Deathstrike bird with in X-Men 2.

He lost the metal claws in The Wolverine. That's canon as the end credit scene shows. So how did he get them back?

What happened to Stryker?

- he took Wolverine off at the end

Nope; that was Mystique.

What was Bolivar Trask's motivation? There's a scene where Mystique is in his office and a painting gives a slight hint, but that's it.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Bolivar_Trask

That explains it, although it isn't made clear at all in the film.

- Will the Wolverine of the new future/present have an adamantium exoskeleton?

-aye

How though? Surely he'll know to avoid Stryker. And Stryker might have had his mind changed about mutants. And he might have been fired. All sorts of shit could have happened.

How did Wolverine get his metal claws back in the future? I thought they used up all the adamantium when they first operated on him?

- Did they say that? I can't remember. Anyway, he's the same guy, so would have had it bonded to him by that time. In any case, I think that, while rare, it's meant to be obtainable. There was a vat of the stuff that he killed the Deathstrike bird with in X-Men 2.

He lost the metal claws in The Wolverine. That's canon as the end credit scene shows. So how did he get them back?

- really? I've fallen asleep trying to watch that twice now. Well, he's had it out and back in the comics, so either they'll explain it or not. Besides, this came out since then, so history has been rewritten. Maybe, in the same fashion that Cyclops and Pheonix are now alive again, none of what happened in that film happens now..

What happened to Stryker?

- he took Wolverine off at the end

Nope; that was Mystique.

- oh aye. Dunno then

What was Bolivar Trask's motivation? There's a scene where Mystique is in his office and a painting gives a slight hint, but that's it.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Bolivar_Trask

That explains it, although it isn't made clear at all in the film.

- Will the Wolverine of the new future/present have an adamantium exoskeleton?

-aye

How though? Surely he'll know to avoid Stryker. And Stryker might have had his mind changed about mutants. And he might have been fired. All sorts of shit could have happened.

- really? I've fallen asleep trying to watch that twice now. Well, he's had it out and back in the comics, so either they'll explain it or not. Besides, this came out since then, so history has been rewritten. Maybe, in the same fashion that Cyclops and Pheonix are now alive again, none of what happened in that film happens now..

DOFP follows on from the first 3 X-Men films and The Wolverine, so the Wolverine et al we see in the future getting hunted by the sentinals are the same guys from the same timeline. It's not actually an important point at all, and makes no difference to the story as Wolverine could have cut Kitty with his bone claws just the same.

• 1 month later...

Also the first footage was revealed although it was only a tiny teaser. Apparantly batman takes the tarp off the bat signal and switches it on and then hovering in its beam is Superman. Close ups of both of them staring each other down and that's it.

Went down really well by all accounts

Just seen Guardians Of The Galaxy.

It's tremendous! I'd say it's the best of the Marvel films so far. It really advanced the overall story running through the Marvel films that is set to climax in Avengers 3.

The scope of the film is huge and for a big sci fan like me was brilliant. The different planets, people and technology were exceptionally realised.

The characters are great in it. The humour is spot on and there were a lot of laughs throughout.

For those who have seen it:

At the end the Infinity Stone is put in some vault on Xandar However Thanos knew that Ronan was going to attack the planet (seeing as he told him) so it's not like Thanos doesn't know where it is. It surely wouldn't be too much trouble for him to get it?

We never see Nebula die as far as I recall so she's still firing around up to no good surely?

It was revealed that Peter Quill's dad isn't human. Will be interesting to see who it is. An Asgaardian perhaps? We've seen Asgaardians on Earth before? Then again Yondu reveals he was hired by Quill's father to take him (Quill) to him (his father) ans Asgaardians wouldn't have had a problem using the Bifrost in 1988.

We see the GOTG visit The Collector at Knowhere, the same place we saw at the end of Thor 2. I think it's kind of exciting that they are all in the same 'sphere' so to speak.

We now know of 3 of the 5 Infinity Stones/Gems that Thanos is after. He presumably now has the Aether after The Collector was given it at the end of Thor 2. The Tesseract is on Asgaard. And the Orb is on Xandar. I imagine Ultron will be involved with the 4th somehow (maybe powered by it?) and that the 5th will be in the 2nd GOTG film (due out the same year or the year before the 3rd and last Avengers). Then again there are quite a few films before Avengers 3 (Ant Man, Dr Strange, Cap 3, Thor 3, Hulk 2) so who knows?

Oh and the end scene didn't have a big reveal. It just showed The Collector and one of his 'exhibits', Howard The Duck.

The scene where Starlord challenges Ronan to a dance was a particular highlight. The look of busement and disgust on Ronan's face and the incredulity when he asks Quill what he is doing had me in chuckling away heartily. Starlord has some nifty moves as well. When he asks Gammora to join and she's like 'erm nah pal' and he does the 'taking it back' move was also brilliant.

I fucking loved this film!

Is the end credits scene thing right at the end? Going to see it tonight & don't want to be sitting like a plum if I don't need to!

Yeah, it's good - but it's not a teaser for any of the upcoming marvel stuff.

GOTG is definitely my favourite Marvel movie to date.

It's tremendous! I'd say it's the best of the Marvel films so far. It really advanced the overall story running through the Marvel films that is set to climax in Avengers 3.

The scope of the film is huge and for a big sci fan like me was brilliant. The different planets, people and technology were exceptionally realised.

The characters are great in it. The humour is spot on and there were a lot of laughs throughout.

It was revealed that Peter Quill's dad isn't human. Will be interesting to see who it is. An Asgaardian perhaps? We've seen Asgaardians on Earth before? Then again Yondu reveals he was hired by Quill's father to take him (Quill) to him (his father) ans Asgaardians wouldn't have had a problem using the Bifrost in 1988.

That was my original thoughts, however he doesn't appear to have any powers unlike Asgardians.

At the end the Infinity Stone is put in some vault on Xandar However Thanos knew that Ronan was going to attack the planet (seeing as he told him) so it's not like Thanos doesn't know where it is. It surely wouldn't be too much trouble for him to get it?

We now know of 3 of the 5 Infinity Stones/Gems that Thanos is after. He presumably now has the Aether after The Collector was given it at the end of Thor 2. The Tesseract is on Asgaard. And the Orb is on Xandar. I imagine Ultron will be involved with the 4th somehow (maybe powered by it?) and that the 5th will be in the 2nd GOTG film (due out the same year or the year before the 3rd and last Avengers). Then again there are quite a few films before Avengers 3 (Ant Man, Dr Strange, Cap 3, Thor 3, Hulk 2) so who knows?

The problem right now is that Thanos doesn't have an army. The Chitauri probably put a lot into trying to take New York and then the bomb fucked them. Until we see him strike a deal with another race, he won't have enough to take the Nova Corps...yet.

I'm not sure where they're going with his dad in the films. Cause he's a big deal in the comics and the fact she said he was like an ancient race doesn't really fit in, nor does the Nova Corps not knowing who he is/what race J'son is.

I'm really confused about the Infinity Stones now. I, like everyone, thought the Aether and Tesseract were two of the stones, but now they've brought a literal Infinity Stone is so now I'm confused about why the other two weren't similarly done. Unless they crack them open and remove the space/??? stones from the tesseract/aether respectively.

There's six gems - space (confirmed as tesseract), power (purple from GOTG), mind, reality, time and soul. You could do those two films, but I'd probably have one come from the Dr Strange film. There's some thought that Loki's staff has the Mind Gem in it, which would make sense. I'm not really sure where or how they'll bring the time, soul and reality in. They all seem quite goofy and the Aether being a gem doesn't really fit the original comic's gems and their functions.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, i'd also recommend you see it in the Imax if you can

one question though

What was the point in Howard the duck? very random, I was a little bit disappointed it was a GCI and not the original one