Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Been rewatching this in prep for the new series. By f**k the early seasons are brilliant.
The early seasons are superb.

Turns into a bit of a farce in the latter seasons with everyone teleporting everywhere.
Jaime killing her is one of the more obvious things to happen to be honest.
I am not ruling out Samwell for the win. No idea why, his story has a lot development to come than a lot of other characters I feel. He would be a good ruler.
I think it will be the son of Jon and Danny sitting on the throne at the end. The prince that was promised ect. Obviously requires a bit of a time jump.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think it will be the son of Jon and Danny sitting on the throne at the end. The prince that was promised ect. Obviously requires a bit of a time jump.

When she gets pregnant with Drogo is it not prophesied her son would "rule the world"? 

Might be something that becomes relevant later on. 

In saying that, you never do find out what happens to that kid...

Don't know why the "teleporting" thing is a gripe with anyone. Game of Thrones isn't staged in real-time like 24. Do you go to the cinema and complain when a film dares to skip to the next day/week/month/year/decade etc.?

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Don't know why the "teleporting" thing is a gripe with anyone. Game of Thrones isn't staged in real-time like 24. Do you go to the cinema and complain when a film dares to skip to the next day/week/month/year/decade etc.?

Even 24 suffered from unrealistic 'teleporting'.  I've been in and around LA, and there's no way Jack used to travel some of the distances he did, in the time he was supposed to be travelling them in.

Like you say, just enjoy the show for what it is, don't get into the minutiae of it. It's a show with the dead rising, and dragons, FFS.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Season five is where it starts to go downhill for me: Tywin, Tyrion, Jamie and Varys leave King's Landing to be replaced with a terrible religious plot, Danaerys remains as irritating as ever and Arya ceases to be an interesting character. As a result they start to rely on action scenes and move almost completely away from the machinations and intrigue which attracted me to the show in the first place.

Still worth a watch though.

On 14/02/2019 at 13:08, RandomGuy. said:

When she gets pregnant with Drogo is it not prophesied her son would "rule the world"? 

Might be something that becomes relevant later on. 

In saying that, you never do find out what happens to that kid...

Rhaego was stillborn because of Mirri Maz Duur. It was his life that kept Drogo alive in a comatose state.

Since Viserion died, that's 'how' Daenerys will become pregnant with her and Jon's child in the final season, after she previously thought she could never have children.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Rhaego was stillborn because of Mirri Maz Duur. It was his life that kept Drogo alive in a comatose state.

They killed his horse for that, did they not?

You only get told the kid came out covered in scales and didn't survive. Be hilarious if he turns up as some form of lizard man and saves the day.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 17/02/2019 at 22:01, RandomGuy. said:

They killed his horse for that, did they not?

You only get told the kid came out covered in scales and didn't survive. Be hilarious if he turns up as some form of lizard man and saves the day.

I think that was deception from her in order to kill the 'stallion who would mount the world'.

Maybe the unborn lizard bairn is a white walking dragon hybrid. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

The best theory is that Rhaegar was indeed the prince that was promised - not Jon, Daenerys, or their future child. Robert slaying him on the Trident under false pretense dooms Westeros and sets into motion the White Walkers wiping everyone out, as the Night King now knows there is nobody who can oppose him.

Obviously this isn't how it's going to play out, but it would have been a fantastically dark way to end things.

Edited by Elixir