Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Only a few days after Mozza posted about finding a place to stay in Edinburgh, this chilling message appears on my Facebook thing:

St Mary's RC Primary, East London Street, Edinburgh

21 hrs ·
This has just come in from a parent: Yesterday a child at Cramond Primary was approached by a car. The man tried to entice her into the car by offering her an iPad. I just asked my son what he would do if someone offered him an iPad and he asked if it had any good games! Worth being extra vigilant and reminding our children about stranger danger.

Ipad?

<<<< Would have got in the car.

Our local American Football team, The Denver Broncos, are playing in the Superbowl on Sunday. They probably aren't going to win but they're the only local sports team to have come even remotely close to achieving anything in years. So not surprisingly, the local media are getting behind them.

Cue stacks of witty comments from non-sports fans such as "Oh, is there a game on? I hadn't heard." Gets funnier every time.

Surely things that rot after a few days are far worse for you than something that will last 6 years?

Assuming that you're not joking. . .

The food is so artificial that even bacteria doesn't even bother with it.

Many years ago on a late night radio show, there was some scientist talking about certain 'foods' that are so full of shit that they would remain untouched by, bacteria, insects and even rodents.

He challenged the listeners to conduct their own experiments. I left an open tub of flora margarine right down the back of an old dirty and damp store that I used to have, I kept checking it for a few months before I forgot all about it. Five years later, when clearing the place out as it had been sold, there it was - A nice golden yellow tub of perfect looking flora was still there, this place was full of flys and all kinds of other beasties and not one of them fancied even a wee bit of flora.

I haven't touched margarine since that day, which is pretty dumb on my part because I still eat McDonald's, as a matter of fact I tanned a box of 20 nuggets not so long ago :(