Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Not a BBC one, but John Oliver on MLM

There was a BBC documentary about these last year that I watched. Think it was "Younique" that was featured. 
The key take away from it was that it's a recruitment business and that you'll make f**k all selling the products. They also more or less instruct you to cut off ties with "negative people" i.e. anyone who refuses to engage. A complete and utter scam, as well as cult.

At the start of lockdown my mum added me to a Facebook group. “Coronavirus help and support in Perthshire.” Started off quite well.

Basically the whole page was people giving advice, offering assistance etc etc.

Over the last few weeks it’s became home to the anti vaccine community and conspiracy theorists. Decided to leave this morning.

People are absolutely fucking mental.
I pre-empted the breakdown of society and chose not to join the page. It looked like it would be a pile of pish.

Gravel on a step = dog stealing?

Pretty big leap there Columbo.Screenshot_20200913-001756_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.889582e79b7220643e2f6d2f02ba05f8.jpeg
Would it not just easier to give an address to the doggy thiever as opposed to leaving a (probable) trail of evidence going into the garden etc.

Aye, definitely. Just tell them 'Aye mate, it's 12 Ruel Street'.

Some folk are so full of shite.

51 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Would it not just easier to give an address to the doggy thiever as opposed to leaving a (probable) trail of evidence going into the garden etc.

Aye, definitely. Just tell them 'Aye mate, it's 12 Ruel Street'.

Some folk are so full of shite.

Yep, and now he’s just told 5000 people he has dogs. I think it’s like how people get radicalised but instead of being a racist or terrorist they become a fuckwit from fear based articles.

I know I keep banging on about how Facebook and other social media algorithms are malignant but look at what it’s doing to people. There’s a lassie on my feed who loves animals and she posts constant stuff about animal cruelty. I’ll bet that the more she looks at hurt animals the more she will be fed more articles until the point that her entire news feed is mainly about hurt or abused animals. It’s remorseless and feeds off whatever you’re into.

Im guessing that this guy, who seems normal tbh, has a feed full of dog stuff and dog stealing stories and thinks that dogs are getting stolen all over the shop. Long story short, whatever you look at the most you will get more of it to look at and it could mess with your head.

Dog people on FB are utter weirdos. The absolute state they get into whenever the local paper dares to report a story about dogs attacking livestock or dog shite being left everywhere.

The same people who have separate FB profiles for their dogs where they speak in the first person and refer to their 'hoomans'.

Of course, every Traveller and Romanian in the land is also out to abduct their dog.

I made the mistake of posting my ridicule on a newspaper thread about the US dumping of Tik Tok, mentioning that the halfwits could still wander into a shop and buy an assault rifle. Cue Trumpists rounding on me, with one guying telling me not to complain if I end up in a "Chinese torture camp."

The worst aspect of the parade of inspirational/motivational quotes on Facebook is that very few folk posting them make the slightest effort to put the advice into practice. None of them are actively trying to improve themselves.

But, but, all the Herbalife folks are, like, changing their lives! [emoji23]

Local Karen wants police speed cameras leaving and entering the village as some kid might run out.
Theres already a slow down led sign with speed readout, speedbumps and a calming measure to give way.
How do you expect drivers to drive from a 60 to a 30 zone?
I'm not for speeding or putting folk at risk but it can get a bit silly.
Kinglassie in fife is mental for this, the locals police the village themselves and jump out from behind bus stops with radar guns as if they're Clint Eastwood.
Maybe don't let kids play near the road?

On 23/09/2020 at 00:22, D.A.F.C said:

Yep, and now he’s just told 5000 people he has dogs. I think it’s like how people get radicalised but instead of being a racist or terrorist they become a fuckwit from fear based articles.

I know I keep banging on about how Facebook and other social media algorithms are malignant but look at what it’s doing to people. There’s a lassie on my feed who loves animals and she posts constant stuff about animal cruelty. I’ll bet that the more she looks at hurt animals the more she will be fed more articles until the point that her entire news feed is mainly about hurt or abused animals. It’s remorseless and feeds off whatever you’re into.

Im guessing that this guy, who seems normal tbh, has a feed full of dog stuff and dog stealing stories and thinks that dogs are getting stolen all over the shop. Long story short, whatever you look at the most you will get more of it to look at and it could mess with your head.

A good pro life tip is that people should never accept the Facebook and Youtube recommendations.

On 24/09/2020 at 14:14, ajwffc said:

Would someone think of the children FB_IMG_1600902870179.jpeg

That's not actually a terrible idea.