Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

54 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've just realised that team has Stevie Mallan in midfield :lol:

Why not he is playing in Turkey,and the eleven is totally hypothetical 

It's actually more about the strength we actually have in depth when non have been capped

Could also fire in another eleven that have been capped and don't play much but can't be arsed 

On 28/10/2021 at 20:25, Ewan8472 said:

Mmmm !

One rash tackle doesn't change my opinion. 

Up until that point he'd been excellent this season, including being much better at playing the ball out from the back than in previous years. Hibs' build up play in our own half has gotten much worse while he's been out. 

On 28/10/2021 at 16:58, General dissaray said:

Why not he is playing in Turkey

He's yet to start a league game for a side 3 points off the drop this season. Don't know if he's been injured or not but he's 25 years old and isn't holding down a game for shit team in a fairly shit league. I'm not sure there are many future squads he'll be considered for.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's yet to start a league game for a side 3 points off the drop this season. Don't know if he's been injured or not but he's 25 years old and isn't holding down a game for shit team in a fairly shit league. I'm not sure there are many future squads he'll be considered for.

1 Turkish league isn't shit has had different a few different teams win it a lot more recently than 1982 or 83 when a te outside Glasgow won it

And Steven Mallan has played nine games for them as well 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

1 Turkish league isn't shit has had different a few different teams win it a lot more recently than 1982 or 83 when a te outside Glasgow won it

And Steven Mallan has played nine games for them as well 

1. Yes, it is shit. He's playing for a side much worse than Hibs now. 

2. He might well have played 9 games for them but he hasn't started a game this season for them, which is what I said. I'm not sure guys who aren't starting games in Turkey have a great shout of a future call up. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

1. Yes, it is shit. He's playing for a side much worse than Hibs now. 

2. He might well have played 9 games for them but he hasn't started a game this season for them, which is what I said. I'm not sure guys who aren't starting games in Turkey have a great shout of a future call up. 

Naw he has started 9 games and appeared on 14 he is playing in a league that is much more competitive to the league that Hibs are playing in

I know you're immediately on the defensive the minute anyone responds to you, but I was referring only to your "competitive =quality" point you made above.  I know that Turkey have a more competitive league and a better recent qualifying history than we do, and I don't care. 

Cheers for posting the list though, I hope the goalkeeper develops into a useful stopper.

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

I know you're immediately on the defensive the minute anyone responds to you, but I was referring only to your "competitive =quality" point you made above.  I know that Turkey have a more competitive league and a better recent qualifying history than we do, and I don't care. 

Cheers for posting the list though, I hope the goalkeeper develops into a useful stopper.

Correcting somebody with facts isn't on the defensive he is obviously doing well there or wouldn't have joined permanently 

According to Transfermarkt, Mallan has starred four times (being subbed off every time) and been subbed on a further five times this season.

And going by national coefficients, Scotland is ninth while Turkey is 19th (https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2022)

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

According to Transfermarkt, Mallan has starred four times (being subbed off every time) and been subbed on a further five times this season.

And going by national coefficients, Scotland is ninth while Turkey is 19th (https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2022)

Transfermarkt isn't a reliable source or keeps up to date you would know if you were ever looking for free transfers on it for teams 

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes this would be accurate though I reckon but that is hardly work by diddies like Hibs and the others that can't even get out there group

Bar a couple off lesser points by the odd win in qualfiers why we are there is thanks to Rangers and Celtic 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Transfermarkt isn't a reliable source or keeps up to date you would know if you were ever looking for free transfers on it for teams 

Cool, can you provide the source for the claim he’s “started 9 games and appeared on 14”?

Given you called the club he plays for “the Turkish mob”, I’m not massively inclined to just take your word for it. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cool, can you provide the source for the claim he’s “started 9 games and appeared on 14”?

Given you called the club he plays for “the Turkish mob”, I’m not massively inclined to just take your word for it. 

I checked his updated stats on wickipedia like everyone else it does it clearly tells you

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

:lol: 

There’s no way this isn’t a wind up. 

I just had a look at transfermarkt it clearly says nine starts actually count his games from the bottom up

Anyway stop derailing the threat he is a good player always has been would happilly took him to Ibrox when Warburton and Pedro were around