Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

Delighted for the lads obviously, Kingsley played pretty well, he played cautiously like someone playing their first premiership game.

but

Il be my usual negative self, Swansea made 6 changes and rested a load of key players, they'd already written that game of and were concentrating on the Norwich game on Saturday. Will the 2 Falkirk boys be in the squad on Saturday? I hope so but I doubt it.

They may not be, however, these are the types of games where if they show enough, then they'll get another chance.

Stephen Kinglsey played the 90 against Arsenal for Swansea last night and looked decent!

Jay Fulton also got the last 20 mins. Hopefully these two can kick on!

Tremendous news, gutter that he's a left back though, Robertson could have that position for years.

If he was even slightly decent at CB though then he's worth a look.

I can't remember much about Fulton but he's played a few times for Swansea now hasn't he? Worth a call up to get a look at him.

If mulgrew is to be in the squad it should be as a defensive midfielder and nowhere in the back four

Seing as we've got far better players there aswell he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

I'm surprised you're not advocating Forsyth as the left back. As you've got a whole ex-Dee good/ex-Utd over rated shtick on the go.

After roi debacle even forsyth's mum could struggle to make a case for him....she would have him adopted

Wee article on Kingsley at Swansea. Patronising garbage to open with

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/falkirk-prodigy-arsenal-fc-conqueror-10984848

If he was Welsh and they had their own league rather than being a servile English county he'd have made his debut in much shitter surroundings than Firhill.

Remember Lee Wallace will be called up next season when sevco return to the top flight. We've got some decent options on the left, only wish we were as strong right across the back 4.

Why on Earth would we suddenly chuck a player who'll be 29 in ahead of Robertson, Shinnie and potentially Tierney? We're meant to be looking forwards.

Also didnt realise Wallace was turning 29, what a career he chucked away.

Why on Earth would we suddenly chuck a player who'll be 29 in ahead of Robertson, Shinnie and potentially Tierney? We're meant to be looking forwards.

Also didnt realise Wallace was turning 29, what a career he chucked away.

Are you saying strachan won't call him up? I'm not advocating he's picked ahead of anyone chump..I just think he'll be involved.

Its hardly an outlandish suggestion is it considering who he plays for???

Swansea also have Botti Bia Bi and Ryan Blair signed from Falkirk on their books so hopefully they can make the grade too. Adam King also there and think he has featured in a few cup ties. Looking at the Scottish Championship and by far and away the most exciting talent imo is Barrie McKay. Jet heeled quick feet and prepared to do things different. If he could find a more consistent end product then we could have a real player on our hands. Stephen Mallan from St Mirren possesses great technique so will be interesting to see how far he goes. I think Ryan Fraser might be given a shot in this next squad. Apart from his spell injured he has shown real promise on loan at Ipswich and is a big part of Eddie Howe's future plans at Bournemouth

If Strachan was going to pick Wallace, he would've done it by now IMO, don't think he'll select him. Robertson/Tierney/Whittaker/Forsyth/Mulgrew will all be in front of him, then you should have Barry Russell and Stephen Kingsley ahead.

If Strachan was going to pick Wallace, he would've done it by now IMO, don't think he'll select him. Robertson/Tierney/Whittaker/Forsyth/Mulgrew will all be in front of him, then you should have Barry Russell and Stephen Kingsley ahead.

Wallace chose to play in the lower leagues effectively putting any international ambitions to one side and to me , thats the reason he's not been picked but if he's back playing in the spfl and performing well i'm sure strachan will look at him again, despite him being late 20's.

Again, I'm not suggesting he gets picked ahead of the other players mentioned as we need to look to the future, but Wallace is a good player, Rangers captain and unfortunately my cynical view is that you've a much better chance of playing for scotland if you represent one of the ugly sisters.

Are you saying strachan won't call him up? I'm not advocating he's picked ahead of anyone chump..I just think he'll be involved.

Its hardly an outlandish suggestion is it considering who he plays for???

I misread your post and thought you said you wanted him selected, my apologies.

Swansea also have Botti Bia Bi and Ryan Blair signed from Falkirk on their books so hopefully they can make the grade too. Adam King also there and think he has featured in a few cup ties. Looking at the Scottish Championship and by far and away the most exciting talent imo is Barrie McKay. Jet heeled quick feet and prepared to do things different. If he could find a more consistent end product then we could have a real player on our hands. Stephen Mallan from St Mirren possesses great technique so will be interesting to see how far he goes. I think Ryan Fraser might be given a shot in this next squad. Apart from his spell injured he has shown real promise on loan at Ipswich and is a big part of Eddie Howe's future plans at Bournemouth

Barrie McKay :lol:

Swansea shouldn't be used as a gauge of a player, they absolutely scattergun their youth team with anyone they think might have potential just incase.

Wallace chose to play in the lower leagues effectively putting any international ambitions to one side and to me , thats the reason he's not been picked but if he's back playing in the spfl and performing well i'm sure strachan will look at him again, despite him being late 20's.

Again, I'm not suggesting he gets picked ahead of the other players mentioned as we need to look to the future, but Wallace is a good player, Rangers captain and unfortunately my cynical view is that you've a much better chance of playing for scotland if you represent one of the ugly sisters.

I just don't see Strachan bothering with him, we've loads of left backs that are at the same level as him, if not better and are younger.

Swansea shouldn't be used as a gauge of a player, they absolutely scattergun their youth team with anyone they think might have potential just incase.

Barrie mckay has been really good this season tbf.

Have you ever seen Barrie Mckay play? Excellent young player