Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

Ramsey never really "broke through" at Arsenal though.

Fair enough, but you get my point. A young prospect playing in the first team of a top-end technical footballing side would be massively encouraging for us in a time where we're trying to get excited about 20 year olds in B leagues and teenagers in development squads (which is all Gilmour is at the mo, to be fair).

Fair enough, but you get my point. A young prospect playing in the first team of a top-end technical footballing side would be massively encouraging for us in a time where we're trying to get excited about 20 year olds in B leagues and teenagers in development squads (which is all Gilmour is at the mo, to be fair).

Liam Burt could be more likely than Charlie Gilmour but the more the better.

As disappointing as it was at the time, dropping to the Championship might have been the best thing for his development. I haven't seen much of him play but from what I can see he's playing almost every game.

As disappointing as it was at the time, dropping to the Championship might have been the best thing for his development. I haven't seen much of him play but from what I can see he's playing almost every game.

Might not be much of a litmus test but when he played for the Scotland u21s a while back he was noticeable the best passer in the side and overall a class above the rest of the players. Biggest problem is still centre half....used to be an easy position for us to fill but it's as if fifteen years ago every kid in the country said nah I'm no playing there.

Would he not just be second fiddle to Luke Shaw there (I know Shaw's injured at the moment)?

This. Unsure on if he'd be played just in front of Shaw as a winger similar to Bale's development but I highly doubt it. If he was to go straight into the Arsenal set up ahead of Monreal, that would be a much better move but as I said I haven't seen enough of him this season to say if he's developed to anywhere near that standard.

He's not signing for Arsenal or Man Utd :lol:

Indeed. Monreal and Shaw are both better players than Robertson, albeit Shaw can't stay fit for three games.

Everton or Stoke would be more appropriate, I would think.

In what way is Monreal better? I'd argue that Robertson is a better passer, better going forward and has a far better engine than most fullbacks in the BPL. The only real question mark over Robertson is a slight naivety in terms of defence but that will disappear with age and better coaching.