stone roses

doulikefish

Went to see them in Manchester last year and it was a top night. They are shite live though but I expected that.

The crowd that night was mostly older folk, my mates and I were probably the youngest there, but it seems like there is a lot of younger folk/teenagers that are heading along to this.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primal Scream will be the real highlight, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Roses again.

Sunshine would be nice, but certainly not essential.

Was really disappointed with Primal Scream last year in Manchester, but it was the new lassie's first gig. i loved them through the 90's but maybe as i've got older and my tastes have changed i'm not so fussed. Jake Bugg, whilst all respect to the boy, i've got no rush to see Live, The View i've seen 8 or 9 times. great great live band, will get the crowd bouncing. but again, no rush to see them.

Push comes to shove, this weekend is about spending the day with your mates in the park, reliving your youth, listenning to great music and getting out your fckin banger.

All in i probably know about 40 folk who are going and everyone is of the above opinion. "lets just have a great time".

Manchester was great to see and be part of, with a tour behind them, i'd expect them to be a lot tighter.

How far a walk is Glasgow Green from the city center? Cant wait for the day out and the sing along. Staying over so anybody know of any decent after parties?

Sent from my LT15i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

How far a walk is Glasgow Green from the city center? Cant wait for the day out and the sing along. Staying over so anybody know of any decent after parties?

Sent from my LT15i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

There's nowhere really in the City Centre that's more than a 10-15 min walk from GG.

The Flying Duck up at the top of Renfield St are doing an after party and it's pretty good.

Really looking forward to this now — driving up from London with my pal on Friday morning so that's going to be a horrible, pain stricken journey.

Went to see them in Manchester and somehow managed to sneak into the front section which was strangely cordoned off for 'VIP' tickets. Two rows from the front on their return gig in their home town (Friday night); classic.

Then I went to Portugal to see them — another epic gig which I somehow managed to get 4/5 rows from the front. I won't be too fussed with that this time, but it's always better up close.

I'm hoping this gig will be better than both of those, though — you really can't beat a Scottish crowd for big gigs like this. The prospect of getting steaming drunk and running around Glasgow Green has to be an exciting one. Just a shame the weather forecast is for pishing rain.

Anyone know any of the times for Saturday?

Absolutely buzzing for it! :D

Finsbury Park had the same times for both nights (17:15, 18:15, 19:20, 20:40), but it had to finish earlier than what would usually be expected as the park is in a residential area.

Apparently, and please only use this as a rough guideline, the times for Saturday are:

The View - 17:20

Jake Bugg - 18:30

Primal Scream - 19:40

Stone Roses - 21:00

This is going to be awesome. I am getting the train from London this morning for it, will be mental!!

Yoooooooour shroooonken heeeeeead looking dooown on meee aboooove send me home like an elephant stone....

Heavy rain, high winds, long journeys. Still going to be one of the highlights of my year. Buzzing too see all four acts!

Archived