The Creepy & The Strange

• 2 months later...

I think the best explanation for this one (and as there appears to be no records of it happening) is that as the airport had only been operational as an International airport for less than 2 years, if this person was indeed from Andorra, there is a fair chance that the Japanese custom officials would have had no idea where Andorra was or if it was a real country (whole language barrier etc countries called different things by different people) until the man pointed to it on a map, and in a Chinese whispers as these things happen, over the years the whole thing gets exaggerated to a man with passport from country that doesn't exist becomes the story.

I think the most likely explanation is that it's completely made up given that the website in question has absolutely no references and I've never heard the story before (or any of the other 'linked' tales)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been reading up on 9/11 recently it's it's kind of strange a flying coke can can smash through a steel and concrete building at 500-600mph and no debris fell to the ground. The fact that at around 750ft a passenger jet getting to that speed is impossible. 

I've been reading up on 9/11 recently it's it's kind of strange a flying coke can can smash through a steel and concrete building at 500-600mph and no debris fell to the ground. The fact that at around 750ft a passenger jet getting to that speed is impossible. 

Are you suggesting that a plane didn't fly into the building?

Just now, Mordecai said:

Are you suggesting that a plane didn't fly into the building?

I think either the planes were rigged to explode on impact or the buildings blew as the plane impacted or both. The top of one was the towers was shut for the weekend before the came down. Explosions were heard in the basement floors. There is also a controversy about the radio sets that FDNY used as it was reported long before the attack they did not work but they were never replaced.

Sigh.

It never ceases to amaze me what conspiracy crackpots come up with.

The 9/11 conspiracy nonsense has been debunked with science. The jet fuel has been proven to be able to heat up to such a temperature to be able to melt steel when lit.

Not to mention the fact that such a wide ranging conspiracy would have involved hundreds of people. None of whom have talked in the last 15 years. It's clear rubbish.

58 minutes ago, DDcups said:

Commercial jets cruise at around 550mph

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

At such low altitudes though?

If you don't give a f**k about the plane surviving, then yeah, you could easily manage it.