The Creepy & The Strange

On 21/09/2016 at 13:24, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Similarly, I lived with my mate - who had the phone number - 204681 ... then moved into a new house where I was assigned the number 610284. As you can see the two phone numbers are anagrams. 

But wait. There's more. 

When I lived in the these houses, the deli I used to phone every time to order lunch had the number 862410.. 

There are forces at work we don't understand sheeple. 

You used to phone a deli to order lunch? And now waste your time on a football forum?

Go wash your lying tongue under a full flush from your posh toilet.

Recently I occasionally hear a rapid beeping noise which sounds like it could be the phone downstairs (but not rapid enough to be) or an alarm, sounding like it's coming from downstairs rather than outside. I only ever hear it lying in bed, but it disappears the second I step out of the room to see whatever the hell it is. Probably all in my head, but that 1% uncertainty is unsettling.

Still not found that f***ing disappearing t-shirt btw. Maybe I'm hearing it calling to me from behind the clothes grave?

56 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Recently I occasionally hear a rapid beeping noise which sounds like it could be the phone downstairs (but not rapid enough to be) or an alarm, sounding like it's coming from downstairs rather than outside. I only ever hear it lying in bed, but it disappears the second I step out of the room to see whatever the hell it is. Probably all in my head, but that 1% uncertainty is unsettling.

Still not found that f***ing disappearing t-shirt btw. Maybe I'm hearing it calling to me from behind the clothes grave?

I was rabbit-sitting for a friend a few years ago. She asked me to move into the flat for the week so I could spend some quality time with the rabbit (rather than just nipping in once a day to lob a stick a celery into its room). So I spent most of the week there and every 10 minutes or so, a loud beep was coming from the kitchen. It was infrequent so I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. Tried the usual suspects (fire alarm, oven etc). But to no avail. 

Drove me up the bloody wall although thankfully wasn't quite loud enough to keep me awake. Turns out she'd put the dishwasher on just before leaving. The intermittent beep was to inform you that your dishes were ready for use. For SEVEN FUCKING DAYS. 

My microwave does the same thing. After the ping, it "helpfully" beeps at you every minute that you have food ready to eat. As if you're going to bloody forget. 

Beeping wankers. 

I was rabbit-sitting for a friend a few years ago. She asked me to move into the flat for the week so I could spend some quality time with the rabbit (rather than just nipping in once a day to lob a stick a celery into its room). So I spent most of the week there and every 10 minutes or so, a loud beep was coming from the kitchen. It was infrequent so I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. Tried the usual suspects (fire alarm, oven etc). But to no avail. 

Drove me up the bloody wall although thankfully wasn't quite loud enough to keep me awake. Turns out she'd put the dishwasher on just before leaving. The intermittent beep was to inform you that your dishes were ready for use. For SEVEN FUCKING DAYS. 

My microwave does the same thing. After the ping, it "helpfully" beeps at you every minute that you have food ready to eat. As if you're going to bloody forget. 

Beeping wankers. 

7 days and you never thought to check the dishwasher? You got what you deserved.

On 10/10/2016 at 01:06, Tony Ferrino said:

Go wash your lying tongue under a full flush from your posh toilet.

On 12/10/2016 at 13:07, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

7 days and you never thought to check the dishwasher? You got what you deserved.

23 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Mods, please.

5 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

He definitely spent a considerable amount of time sniffing her pants and eating hair from her hairbrush as well.

Rabbit-sitting ffs.

I can see I'm making lots of nice new friends on this thread. 

On 10/12/2016 at 10:07, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Beeping wankers. 

Our dishwasher and washing machine also have this patter. BEEP BEEP BEEP. If they both finish at the same time it's BEEP beeeeep BEEP beep BeEeEeEepp BEEP. Washing machine exploded a few weeks back when it was on full chat and I have to admit a sense of satisfaction and retribution as it coughed its last breath. Now we've got a polite one that just does a couple of quick beeps then shuts up. 

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Our dishwasher and washing machine also have this patter. BEEP BEEP BEEP. If they both finish at the same time it's BEEP beeeeep BEEP beep BeEeEeEepp BEEP. Washing machine exploded a few weeks back when it was on full chat and I have to admit a sense of satisfaction and retribution as it coughed its last breath. Now we've got a polite one that just does a couple of quick beeps then shuts up. 

Clearly a Miggs/Hannibal Lecter situation going on there; your dishwasher talked it into suicide. No wonder the new one's keeping schtum.

• 3 weeks later...

The other night I was crashing at a mate's place down in Somerset, camping with others in the back garden (nothing shifty about it, just lack of space). About 3am, we're all waken up by this huge noise that sounded like a jumbo jet flying about 50 ft over head, the tents themselves shaking like f***.  Told the house owner about it over breakfast as they said they'd heard nothing and that there would be no way any plane would be landing nearby due to a complete lack of airfields etc and Bristol airport being a good distance away.  Five other folk over three shaking tents can attest to feeling and hearing this though.  A mystery.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The other night I was crashing at a mate's place down in Somerset, camping with others in the back garden (nothing shifty about it, just lack of space). About 3am, we're all waken up by this huge noise that sounded like a jumbo jet flying about 50 ft over head, the tents themselves shaking like f***.  Told the house owner about it over breakfast as they said they'd heard nothing and that there would be no way any plane would be landing nearby due to a complete lack of airfields etc and Bristol airport being a good distance away.  Five other folk over three shaking tents can attest to feeling and hearing this though.  A mystery.

Image result for aliens meme

• 1 month later...

I'm sure we discussed in a conspiracy thread about DB Cooper but I'm fucked if I can find it in search.

Anyhoo, no pesky kids, case closed .

The last time anyone saw D.B. Cooper, he parachuted out of a Mexico City-bound airplane with $200,000 in ransom strapped to his body, vanishing over the Pacific Northwest and initiating one of America's greatest manhunts.
Forty-five years later, the FBI is closing the books on this unsolved case.
"We have arrived at our conclusion today that it was just time to close the case because there isn't anything new out there," said Special Agent in Charge Frank Montoya, Jr. "There's a lot that goes into that decision but really it was just time."

http://www.cnn.com/2...bi-closes-case/

2 minutes ago, Njord said:

I'm sure we discussed in a conspiracy thread about DB Cooper but I'm fucked if I can find it in search.

Anyhoo, no pesky kids, case closed .

The last time anyone saw D.B. Cooper, he parachuted out of a Mexico City-bound airplane with $200,000 in ransom strapped to his body, vanishing over the Pacific Northwest and initiating one of America's greatest manhunts.
Forty-five years later, the FBI is closing the books on this unsolved case.
"We have arrived at our conclusion today that it was just time to close the case because there isn't anything new out there," said Special Agent in Charge Frank Montoya, Jr. "There's a lot that goes into that decision but really it was just time."

http://www.cnn.com/2...bi-closes-case/

Well that's not right. He's in Series 1 of Prison Break. 

Also, your link doesn't work. Another conspiracy.