The Creepy & The Strange

Aye, I spent the morning watching the news in Phoenix, and there was a whole bunch of stuff being said about things that had supposedly happened, only for them to be dropped and never mentioned again. Seemed suspicious to me at the time, until I realised that the channels reporting on it (pretty much all of them) were trying to fill the airtime and prattling any old shite that was fed to them, or that they dreamed up themselves. It's funny how often these news reports are still used as evidence of wrongdoing, though, like the press are infallible.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, I spent the morning watching the news in Phoenix, and there was a whole bunch of stuff being said about things that had supposedly happened, only for them to be dropped and never mentioned again. Seemed suspicious to me at the time, until I realised that the channels reporting on it (pretty much all of them) were trying to fill the airtime and prattling any old shite that was fed to them, or that they dreamed up themselves. It's funny how often these news reports are still used as evidence of wrongdoing, though, like the press are infallible.

The Pennsylania 'incident' perhaps Dave?

Just now, bob the tank said:

The Pennsylania 'incident' perhaps Dave?

I can't actually remember anymore - combination of bad memory and the fact that it's been almost fifteen years now. The wife used to have blazing rows about it all at family gatherings, while I'd try to slip away to another room in the hope of finding alcohol  :P

48 minutes ago, sjc said:

Touching on Elisa Lam but not in a necrophila type way...........has anyone tried the "elevator game"?

http://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-hayes/2016/05/602743/

No, but i remember reading about it on Reddit a year or so ago and peoples experiences with it. Some fucking nutcases were doing it in quiet apartment buildings etc in the middle of nowhere. No fucking chance would i even attempt it.

7 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Pissed and fell down a hole.

My thinking also, but youd expect that after 20 years something wouldve been noticed.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Touching on Elisa Lam but not in a necrophila type way...........has anyone tried the "elevator game"?

http://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-hayes/2016/05/602743/

What a load of fucking shite.

Do people, otherwise rational, adult people, actually believe shite like this? It's like Creepy Pasta. VL's.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

What like? There usually is mass confusion causing misinformation during batshit events tbf.

It's like the recent cop killings in America where even a cop came out and said to the media that there were three shooters that had "triangulated" around the cops to surround them to maximise casualties. Same with the recent German shooting where there was numerous reports of three gunmen, with one carrying a large assault rifle and another shouting Allah akbar.

It's a combination of stressed people's minds in overdrive playing tricks on them, the media sensationalising the story and just out and out bullshitters.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

What a load of fucking shite.

Do people, otherwise rational, adult people, actually believe shite like this? It's like Creepy Pasta. VL's.

Tend to agree with your scepticism Pete but would you try it?

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Tend to agree with your scepticism Pete but would you try it?

Would I waste my time going up and down and up and down and up and down in a lift? No. Not because of some fear of finding another plane of existence or seeing a spectral woman, but because there is no other plane of existence, there is no such thing as spectres and I have better things to waste my time with, like wanking and using Pie and Bovril.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Would I waste my time going up and down and up and down and up and down in a lift? No. Not because of some fear of finding another plane of existence or seeing a spectral woman, but because there is no other plane of existence, there is no such thing as spectres and I have better things to waste my time with, like wanking and using Pie and Bovril.

You never know but they might have wanking and Pie & Bovril in the other plane of existence, Pete. That spectral woman might just be that planes version of Div........she might even be a "wid"!

Just now, sjc said:

You never know but they might have wanking and Pie & Bovril in the other plane of existence, Pete. That spectral woman might just be that planes version of Div........she might even be a "wid"!

Shut up.

This morning I 'lost' around half an hour.

Got up at 7:40, took a couple of minutes out to make cereal (which takes a couple of mins tops) and when I turned on BBC Breakfast their clock said 8:05. I thought "s***e, my alarm clock must be out", but when I went back up to check, the time on the alarm and BBC were the same.

Alien abduction imo.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Let's not forget BBC reporting WT7 had fallen even though it was still standing behind the reporter.

Looking at the reporting of the recent shooting in Munich, in the space of a matter of hours our wonderful rolling news on BBC and SKY had,

Had one gunman, multiple gunmen, one gunman dead, three gunmen still at large, one gunman,

The number dead varied, the attacker was calling 'Allah Akbar', no he wasn't, he was shouting something,

He was definitely IS, mibbes not.

Rolling news vomit every bit of gossip, hearsay, innuendo and rumour it gets fed, or finds lying around and spews it from the screens at you

until they have some facts that will make what they have been saying for the past hours appear total bollocks normally.

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This morning I 'lost' around half an hour.

Got up at 7:40, took a couple of minutes out to make cereal (which takes a couple of mins tops) and when I turned on BBC Breakfast their clock said 8:05. I thought "s***e, my alarm clock must be out", but when I went back up to check, the time on the alarm and BBC were the same.

Alien abduction imo.

Sitting on pan scrolling through P&B as you had a shit appears the logical answer.........

But lets go for aliens shoving probes up you rather than you excreting from the aliens favourite orifice.

Edited by MEADOWXI