A great feeling at Cappielow..

Slim to no chance of Reid at Morton next season. He had a good season and is still expected to take a pay cut because the club didn't have the foresight to give him a longer contract like Bachirou and Tidser. Poor way to treat one of your better players.

Alan Lithgow to Morton rumours down our way. Heard this from a few people now.

He contacted Moore a few weeks ago but Moore told him he wasn't in the market for a centre half.

That could well just be a way of letting him down gently though cause Moore said in the paper the previous day he was in for Craig Barr.

Probably depends on the Reid situation.

How did he do for you boys this season?

He contacted Moore a few weeks ago but Moore told him he wasn't in the market for a centre half.

That could well just be a way of letting him down gently though cause Moore said in the paper the previous day he was in for Craig Barr.

Probably depends on the Reid situation.

How did he do for you boys this season?

When Murray came in he improved (as did everyone) but Alan's been looking for full-time football since his Clyde days. He's a decent centre back but I think he gets caught out positionally some times. When he's on form though he's a good player at this level. If I'm honest, I think Andy Graham is a better centre half and I think Lithgow is replaceable should he leave.

There were rumours a few years ago that Moore didn't sign Lithgow, despite him actually wanting to, due to his prior 'indiscrections', and the club feared a fans backlash.

If he didn't impress for Dumbarton last season then I can't see why we'd be interested. Mind you, we did sign Tony Wallace based on a couple of good performances in the play-offs 2 seasons ago, so you never know.

When Murray came in he improved (as did everyone) but Alan's been looking for full-time football since his Clyde days. He's a decent centre back but I think he gets caught out positionally some times. When he's on form though he's a good player at this level. If I'm honest, I think Andy Graham is a better centre half and I think Lithgow is replaceable should he leave.

If Andy Graham is better then no harm to Lithgow but I hope we don't bother.

There were rumours a few years ago that Moore didn't sign Lithgow, despite him actually wanting to, due to his prior 'indiscrections', and the club feared a fans backlash.

If he didn't impress for Dumbarton last season then I can't see why we'd be interested. Mind you, we did sign Tony Wallace based on a couple of good performances in the play-offs 2 seasons ago, so you never know.

It's always been the problem for Lithgow - his past. Some fans won't ever let it go and Alan honestly isn't the nasty pervert some would have you believe. He did a very stupid, disgusting thing and he's paid the price for it ever since. I know we've offered him a deal but I don't know how long that will be on the table. He's held out for as long as possible each year in the hope of a full-time offer but it could work against him this year as I don't see Murray waiting about too long for him to make up his mind.

It's always been the problem for Lithgow - his past. Some fans won't ever let it go and Alan honestly isn't the nasty pervert some would have you believe. He did a very stupid, disgusting thing and he's paid the price for it ever since. I know we've offered him a deal but I don't know how long that will be on the table. He's held out for as long as possible each year in the hope of a full-time offer but it could work against him this year as I don't see Murray waiting about too long for him to make up his mind.

Rumour is that Murray and Lithgow had a bit of an attitude thing when he was put on the subs bench for a couple of games.

If Murray gets himself stripped for a centre-back role this season then with Graham he would form a balanced right/left central defence, so the loss of Lithgow need not be acute. Having said that he's been a decent player for us so I'd not be fazed either way. As for the flam.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Allan Moore has been off scouting in Slovakia this week, after a tip from Marek Tomana who he knows from his Stirling Albion days. We are now trying to arrange to have 4 players over for pre-season - a centre half, 2 central midfielders and a striker.

One of the central mids is 19 years old and is currently on the books of Slovan Bratislava, and according to Moore is on the fringes of the first team.

That should hopefully avoid the poor starts we always seem to have with brand new teams over the last few years.

You'd a great start in 2011.

As I recall, it spawned some sort of a great feeling.

Edited by Monkey Tennis