A great feeling at Cappielow..

That would explain why SALC didn't know which one it is, seeing as how there are two of them. Just curious, that's all.

It was Allan Moore who didn't know, said that he couldn't remember his name for the life of him.

Peter MacDonald putting the boot right into Morton:

“Morton, I’m not so sure how they’ll get on.

“I’d like to think we can win the league and get straight back up.

“For them, I just think with the cuts it’ll be a tough task for them to get top four never mind promotion.”

Peter MacDonald putting the boot right into Morton:

“Morton, I’m not so sure how they’ll get on.

“I’d like to think we can win the league and get straight back up.

“For them, I just think with the cuts it’ll be a tough task for them to get top four never mind promotion.”

That's not putting the boot in. He's correct in his assessment about both teams. BTW, he thought the same about our chances last season, and look how that turned out.

Do you think they would be good enough for the SPL ?

Well as Warren Hawke said. these boys have been signed to be sold on sometime in the future to safeguard the club. There maybe one or two surprises next season holding down a place in the first team, and if this happens then they will be off to pastures new. Boys develop at different times. Some of the boys in the dev squad look a lot older than their younger years and physically would be able to cope with the pressure. Maybe a tweak here and there and they will be ready...

That's not putting the boot in. He's correct in his assessment about both teams. BTW, he thought the same about our chances last season, and look how that turned out.

This is why I was asking if Morton are ready for the SPL next season.

If they are going to find it difficult in SFL 1 then the SPL could be a disaster for Morton when Hearts are punted before next season starts.

We struggled and that was with a team that massacred a Morton team in the cup.

On the bright side you won't have to put up with the Hearts/Hibs shitfest on every thread. ;)

If they are going to find it difficult in SFL 1 then the SPL could be a disaster for Morton when Hearts are punted before next season starts.

On the bright side you won't have to put up with the Hearts/Hibs shitfest on every thread. ;)

I wouldn't like to see us go up with what we have today. It would cost us a fortune to improve, and it would still not be enough. I'd love to see us in the top league again though, just not at all costs.

You might not have a choice.

I don't think being put up to the SPL has done us any favours even if it was nice to have the buzz about an upcoming derby match.

It has given a chunk of our support a taste for something they think we have a right to and now we need to chase it and that costs pounds.

Anybody's pounds.

Good luck up there anyway.

Has it been bad for you really? You have benefitted from a year of far more money and towards the end of the season, had a squad that looked better. You are now back in the first with much the same squad with some enhancements and a parachute payment. You will likely skoosh the league this season, make a profit probably and go up far better equipped to stay up.

Its not all been bad news has it?

If similar happened to us, fair enough we have to put up with a season of being gubbed but we will also have the chance to earn a bit and we will get relegated into a league with Rangers in it the following season with maybe a chance of emulating Dundee and doing at least enough to get into the play offs.

Take the long term view and it would not necessarily be a bad thing!

Morton will move their training base from Quarrier's Village, where they've been since 2004, to the new £6 million sports complex at Parklea in Port Glasgow. The Port Juniors currently play there on an artificial surface, but there is a grass pitch there too so the club can train on both surfaces, which will help considering that 4 of the 10 clubs next season with play on plastic.

Well as Warren Hawke said. these boys have been signed to be sold on sometime in the future to safeguard the club. There maybe one or two surprises next season holding down a place in the first team, and if this happens then they will be off to pastures new. Boys develop at different times. Some of the boys in the dev squad look a lot older than their younger years and physically would be able to cope with the pressure. Maybe a tweak here and there and they will be ready...

34fb487.jpg

Morton will move their training base from Quarrier's Village, where they've been since 2004, to the new £6 million sports complex at Parklea in Port Glasgow. The Port Juniors currently play there on an artificial surface, but there is a grass pitch there too so the club can train on both surfaces, which will help considering that 4 of the 10 clubs next season with play on plastic.

To be more specific. There are 2 astro pitches and 9 grass pitches which have gone through a lot of work in the last 8 months. A lot of first div clubs have installed artificial surface this year and this will help lading up to those games... Good work done by Warren and the club to get this, which will reduce some costs and increase the quality of training surface.

Can Morton fans stop using this thread as a Morton news page please? We are much better than this. It's only the complete diddy teams that do it.

Agreed.

This thread exists so that people can come and laugh at Morton's hapless followers after predictable debacles.

Mundane news about anonymous signings should be discussed elsewhere.

Can Morton fans stop using this thread as a Morton news page please? We are much better than this. It's only the complete diddy teams that do it.

Indeed, having one specific thread for a club which all news goes into is shite. The threads are generally boring as f**k and when something that is actually worth talking about comes around, it gets lost amongst the tedious crap. For example, the Thomson and Willis ferret incident was only discussed within the Dunfermline thread last season, surrounded by stuff no one other than Dunfermline fans could care much about, instead of getting a dedicated thread where it could have had great potential for hilarity.

If something's worth talking about it'll get it's own thread, don't see why we can't put all signing news into the dedicated divisional thread.

Edited by Dunning1874