A great feeling at Cappielow..

This from the guy who wanted the Seaside League teams to be cast aside like a broken toy, just about a year or so ago.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming, VT. Where would you be playing next season if your earlier wish had came true?

The "seaside league" have not forgotten Mortons only too recent derogatory statements and how they voted. Expect to see lots of beach balls and swim rings on your away trips. Come on in the waters lovely.

The "seaside league" have not forgotten Mortons only too recent derogatory statements and how they voted. Expect to see lots of beach balls and swim rings on your away trips. Come on in the waters lovely.

What is it you're upset about exactly?

For the second time on this thread I'll take the chance to point out you know the stats fine well and you also know Morton's stats are not the worst in history for second tier.

Come on Skyline , don't let the facts get in the way of a dig at vt. Anyway , I can't think off hand of anybody's results being worse than their's without checking. They have been beyond bad and make McPherson's record look like Mourinho's. We could well deliver the coup de grace to them soon. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I can't think off hand of anybody's results being worse than their's without checking. They have been beyond bad and make McPherson's record look like Mourinho's.

Disappointed in you JR. It's time you dug out the keys to the nostalgia bus for a journey back quarter of a century.

McPherson, Moore, Shiels etc can't compete with what you'll find.

I hope this thread is preserved so that we can bring our grandchildren here in years to come and say "This my child, was Greenock Morton's finest hour"

I dont see any reason why this thread shouldnt follow Morton around the forums, much like the BRALT thread will follow Rangers.

Come on Skyline , don't let the facts get in the way of a dig at vt. Anyway , I can't think off hand of anybody's results being worse than their's without checking. They have been beyond bad and make McPherson's record look like Mourinho's. We could well deliver the coup de grace to them soon.

I don't believe you. Your nose is growing more than Pinocchio's.

You have a memory like an elephant when it comes to Queens. I don't accept that you have forgotten the 88-89 season completely, we discussed it within the last couple of months in the Queens thread, and even if you had, it's already been pointed out to you two pages ago in this very thread!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

How are Morton comparing to our team during the Anelka period. It will be difficult next season for Morton to attract a good calibre of player with Championship players able to offer trips to Ibrox (and to a certain extent Tynecastle too). While McPherson's QotS team were poor, they were infinitely better than Morton were on Saturday. They'd play three or four passes among their back line before hoofing it long diagonally to hope Archie Campbell could outpace Callum Booth.

The seaside league teams spent five years filling their social club kitties from Morton's enhanced away support; I'll be expecting more sighs of disappointment at the likely reduced opportunity to fleece a rare away crowd than what passes for 'edgy' 'banter' in cowps like Angus.

Old Father Time is the most likely force towards that. The bizarre scenario peddled has been that losing Sevco etc. hurts the club - for Morton, it actually doesn't. The club is already running a hopeless, unattainable loss to Golden Casket - £320k in 2012/13 - dropping out of the Championship just leads to a greater, equally unattainable loss to Golden Casket. No matter what happens, that money is simply not returning to Rae's parent company. His company loses out; not the club. Golden Casket will never be able to sell the club for the value of its loans (£2 million), and won't be able to increase its asking price even as their loans increase year after year. The realistic asking price was established by market forces, years ago.

Which given the already pleasing levels of excitement about going to Forfar, Brechin, Stranraer etc. away next season, and Rae's 100% culpability in the result of this campaign, does not seem to me a major burden to be suffered by the fans. The club is relegated, yet the chairman is at fault, and it's far worse, and far more likely to discredit Rae than diminish the fan-base, and only one of the two is vital to creating a viable strategy for the future. I ultimately reckon relegation has killed Rae's credibility; he can run the club under distinct protest; he can never again represent a positive vision. His era is over in an extraordinary whimper: within 12 months of a potential high, title-success from which he could bow out as a benevolent figure, regardless of his many failures a realistic legend of the area. It's a bizarre twelve-month, manager-sacking, Celtic-beating chapter that will ultimately require a great deal of explanation.

At best we'll put together a competent squad underneath Shiels to storm League One at the first time of asking, at worst, the financial issues will hit in a death-implosion that would temporarily lead to administration and another spell in League Two if not the Lowland League. Which in terms of away days and general experiences, I would not complain about, so long as the club survived.

Fair enough VT. It always makes me smile (or is that smirk) when you mount that horse of yours, there are absolutely no grey areas with you it's either all sun or all rain.

Your point about the financial stability of the club (via Golden Casket) is certainly valid but I would argue that the clubs' viability is inextricably linked to it's principle funding source but that link is equally unlikely to result in Dougie being prepared to pull the plug and become Greenocks' public enemy No.1. ?

That said, relegation this season of all seasons is surely going to be a sore one for G.C/GMFC as the additional revenue would undoubtedly have been used to strengthen the squad for the future.

As with any side suffering a relagation, a player clear out seems inevitable (where contracts allow) and it is the type (and cost) of those replacements that will be crucial in determining wether Morton can "bounce back" to the championship. Is Sheils the man to deliver this ? Hmmmmmm....not sure.

Dougie most certainly has been the guy making some strange decisions and the older he gets, the more strange those decisions get, it appears. That said, who puts Dougie in his comfy chair and tells him to take a back seat whilst keeping the cheque book open ? Crawford knows less about football than my dog so it couldn't realistically be him ?

As you also alluded to (and now, apparently, seems to be acceptable?) an Administration event would allow all parties to unhook from their committments and give Morton the chance to start again.

Some choice.... :(

Don't forget the midfielder they sold for a world record transfer fee, reflecting his high quality contributions.

The midfielder who couldn't get a game for Rothernham United.

Amazing to see people still not acknowledging what a good player Tidser was. Best footballer in the divison last year by far. By far.

Rae won't sell the club because he is an unsurpassed egotist. His bluster about part-time football acts to reel in the more gullible ranks to fluff for his continued ownership of the club, which given he has failed to run it efficiently, has failed in his stated objectives for the first-team, and isn't actually putting any money into the club, is a completely bogus position.

A deserved credit is also owed to Liar Liar McInally for peddling the myth that the fanbase is responsible for the abject failure of club employees at every level.

A. In October Vikington tells all that Morton won't be relegated....

But in March he says that Morton were relegated last October.

Mibbee VT's response in the post, Beachbum, huv ye checked the letterbox??

No like him tae miss an opportunity tae vindicate his scarily accurate predictions @ A................. :whistle

Edited by Wee Sandy

I dont see any reason why this thread shouldnt follow Morton around the forums, much like the BRALT thread will follow Rangers.

I presume we'll be getting our own 'Morton in the seaside leagues' sub-forum then, given that we're a larger and more successful side than the tribute act, and they have already set a similar precedent.

I don't believe you. Your nose is growing more than Pinocchio's.

You have a memory like an elephant when it comes to Queens. I don't accept that you have forgotten the 88-89 season completely, we discussed it within the last couple of months in the Queens thread, and even if you had, it's already been pointed out to you two pages ago in this very thread!

Of course , I could never forget that but it was that long ago that the both of us were still teenagers . Again , we can't let the facts get in the way of a good Morton slagging .