A great feeling at Cappielow..

His time at Morton has been a complete disaster, and probably a fairly costly one.

I read somewhere that McInally and Moore are still on the payroll. If they have gone through 35 players this season, as others are suggesting, they might not be in a position to sack him. So much for breaking even.

So he completely fails to be open about a long term plan for the future of the club and how intends to gives us a sustainable future - the thing that he absolutely needs to be open about - yet is entirely open about his thoughts on the manager, which absolutely shouldn't be aired in public.

The man is an idiot.

Shiels future in doubt

MORTON chairman Douglas Rae will hold showdown talks with Kenny Shiels to determine if he will remain as manager next season.

Chris JackGroup Sports WriterTuesday 01/04/2014 Morton chairman Douglas Rae unveiled the club's new manager, Kenny Shiels, in December last year. The Northern Irishman replaced Allan Moore in December but the Ton have continued to struggle and their relegation from the Championship will be confirmed tonight if they fail to win at home against Dumbarton.

Shiels overhauled his squad in the weeks after his appointment but high-profile arrivals like Garry O'Connor and Rowan Vine have failed to pay off and Rae will look for answers as he gears up for life in League One.

He told SportTimes: "If Kenny is going to be here next year, he is going to have to get himself sharpened up."He has surprised me because he was so good at the interview, he talked the most sense of anyone and he knows how to put it over."But this situation has emerged and he has lost his positivity. He is not alert enough to be negative."It is as if he has gone three rounds with Ricky Burns. He has aged 10 years since he came here."Mr Rae added: "That will go away over the summer."But he has got to get himself sorted out and be positive with the guys."

"I far prefer his other personality and attitude. I need to talk with him, I want to know what his attitude will be."It is important how he feels about things."He stood out at the interview and I have been disappointed that he has lost the positivity."

:lol:

Time to dust off the Golden Casket me thinks.

Thank fook Dougie Wonka hasn't aged ten years, that would make him about 108 ;)

Edited by jagfox144

What on earth does this mean?

That bit stood out to me as being possibly the most insulting thing in the whole article. I read it as the Morton chairman saying that the Morton manager is not even motivated enough to be upset about their predicament.

Yes, Foxbarton does deserve immense credit for launching a thread of such beauty.

It would be foolish and unfair however to overlook the hugely significant, wildly hubristic nonsense of others, back in the early days when the thread could count its pages in single figures. McKie is worthy of particular praise in this regard.

Neither should we overlook the sterling work of that fine band of fans who got crazily carried away by that Cham inspired Renfrewshire Cup win back in the summer.

Top work fellas.

Pretty sure we've been over this before, but let's be honest, this simply isn't true, is it?

If you take a look at page 105 of this thread, immediately after winning the Renfrewshire Cup, three Morton supporting posters commented on our win, with a picture of a tweet from Dougie Imrie and comments that it was infact a great feeling at Cappielow before you stuck your beak in with;

Oh, this is good.

This thread was spawned in the white heat of a few early league wins two years ago.

Now, you're off again after a pre-season friendly for Christ's sake.

And I thought Rangers fans never learned.

There was nobody claiming we'd win the league, merely fans enjoying a rare victory against our local rivals, and a victory we were entitled to enjoy in the eyes of I'd suggest everyone other than yourself.

Certainly the origins of this thread came back to bite Foxbarton when we collapsed after a promising start in the late summer of 2011, but claiming the fans were again getting carried away when they dared express how happy they were at winning a local derby smacks of someone looking to pick faults in a group of supporters that he clearly has little time for, and is complete nonsense with no foundation.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/156756-a-great-feeling-at-cappielow/page-105

Just read the article - is this an attempt at an April Fools joke from Rae?

Given that tonight could be Morton's last chance of survival, the timing is bizarre; if it was meant as some kind of motivational boot up the backside, it has been greatly misjudged. I don't like Shiels and have never rated him as a manager but he's been completely hung out to dry by the guy who was singing his praises as Morton's saviour only a few months ago.

I don't envision there being any reconciliation between the two and I fully expect Shiels to roll this out as another example of how he's been victimised by the Scottish media and that this would never have happened had he been part of the "Old Firm mafia".

Would be surprised if Shiels doesn't resign before the weekend after reading that interview. Can't see how he can continue after his attitude being called into question by his own chairman in a public arena.

The latest bizarre episode in a bizarre season at the most bizarre of football clubs.

Would be surprised if Shiels doesn't resign before the weekend after reading that interview. Can't see how he can continue after his attitude being called into question by his own chairman in a public arena.

The latest bizarre episode in a bizarre season at the most bizarre of football clubs.

They have a game tonight!

What on earth does this mean?

Are you struggling to read ? It couldn't be much clearer. The Chairman says that the manager has lost his positivity. He is also not alert enough to be Negative.

It's all to do with electrons.

Simples, really :)

Pretty sure we've been over this before, but let's be honest, this simply isn't true, is it?

If you take a look at page 105 of this thread, immediately after winning the Renfrewshire Cup, three Morton supporting posters commented on our win, with a picture of a tweet from Dougie Imrie and comments that it was infact a great feeling at Cappielow before you stuck your beak in with;

There was nobody claiming we'd win the league, merely fans enjoying a rare victory against our local rivals, and a victory we were entitled to enjoy in the eyes of I'd suggest everyone other than yourself.

Certainly the origins of this thread came back to bite Foxbarton when we collapsed after a promising start in the late summer of 2011, but claiming the fans were again getting carried away when they dared express how happy they were at winning a local derby smacks of someone looking to pick faults in a group of supporters that he clearly has little time for, and is complete nonsense with no foundation.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/156756-a-great-feeling-at-cappielow/page-105

Yeah I can't believe how over the top Morton fans were over the Renfrewshire cup win. Normally Morton outplay us every year yet we somehow manage to win it. Saints were a shambles pre-season, nearly every team humped us. DVZ went off injured and we had 2 young inexperienced players ( Naismith and Kelly who are now first choice and playing well ) at full back and Morton raped us down the wings. Imrie in particular having a stormer.

Morton did look good but it was hard to tell if it was all down to them, as it turns out Saints are rank and have carried the pre season into April. Still fancied Morton to be top half, don't think manay would have predicted relegation.

Willy Wonka is slowly destroying that club but who will buy it? Saints have been for sale for about 3-4 years and have had no luck and we are in a much better position with the stadium,Ralston facilities and for just now top flight football. We have had offers from dodgy blokes but Gilmour would never sell us down the river, i'm assuming Rae wouldn't too?