Grand Theft Auto V

My point is, you happily spend money on a game purely because it has Resident Evil in the title, despite it being absolutely terrible yet you won't get GTA5 because you need a demo first despite so much pointing to the fact that this is clearly going to be better than 4 and has potential to be one of the best games ever if they deliver on all these points mentioned in the thread. Rockstar rarely make a "bad" game so I'm bemused why you would spend money on something shite yet not on something thats actually very good.

I'm not pissed off at all about you buying that game, I just don't think you make any sense.

It's not solely because it's Resident Evil. I played the demos of the Resi games and I've yet to not enjoy any of the installments.

I never said not having a demo was a deal breaker, but I'm not going to buy the game without having played it myself, there's a difference.

I really didn't enjoy IV and it wasn't because of the story or anything, it was just the controls, the way it handled and things like that. No amount of content or story could make up for that. If V was very similar in that respect then I wouldn't want to buy it.

You keep making statements like the underlined ones, you can't seem to grasp that those aren't my opinions on those games. And you have no idea if GTA V will "clearly [be] better than 4".

Slightly off-topic, but since the ten-year anniversary has only since passed I think it's appropriate to show one of Vice City's trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=MpmDawqOfqs

Every bit as classy as the ones made 10 years later 8)

Can't believe it's been a decade already.

I have vivid memories of a 17 year old me bricking myself in the queue of Inverness Woolies in case they pulled me up over my age. Not a question was asked. 8)

That experience did give me the false confidence to attempt to buy a bottle of beer at a petrol station a few days after. That purchase wasn't quite as successful! :lol:

Slightly off-topic, but since the ten-year anniversary has only since passed I think it's appropriate to show one of Vice City's trailers:

Every bit as classy as the ones made 10 years later cool.gif

Got a PS2 and Vice City for my 21st that year. Everything about it was fantastic.

Now all they need is to announce a PC release date.

Rockstar is currently concentrating on bringing Grand Theft Auto V to the PS3 and Xbox 360, but PC and Wii U versions are still "up for consideration." Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime hopes to turn "consideration" into confirmation fairly soon, however...

Asked why GTA V wasn't confirmed for other platforms by IGN, Rockstar President Dan Houser remained cagey on the issue. "Everything else is up for consideration," he said. "That's all I can give you."

From here. Can understand how there's no WiiU version but I reckon they'd be insane to not make a PC version. But the fact they are only considering it must be a worry...

From here. Can understand how there's no WiiU version but I reckon they'd be insane to not make a PC version. But the fact they are only considering it must be a worry...

They would be insane, but wasn't the PC version of IV not greatly received? Or at least not as well received as the console version. It was DRM'd to f**k (there was an awesome article online outlining the several hours someone spent trying to install the game) and coded so that only NASA could run it on full detail. It could well be down to the latter - they release on XBox/PS3 and then get back to work on the PC version, optimising and building so that it isn't just a lazy port.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently playing San Andreas, and whilst doing up my car, I accidentally tried to re-spray it the same colour, a message popped up saying "You're vehicle is already this color." FFS Rockstar, check your (sic) using the right word!

Edited by Mr. Brightside.

I'm currently playing San Andreas, and whilst doing up my car, I accidentally tried to re-spray it the same colour, a message popped up saying "You're vehicle is already this color." FFS Rockstar, do a spell grammar check!

Americans spell it color, we spell it colour

One of the very few times I feel the need to use this: :1eye

I've also been playing San Andreas recently, and thankfully I've managed to get to San Fierro in my latest save, as the missions out in the badlands are fucking tedious.

Edited by Lordofthewing