Grand Theft Auto V

Well all I'm doing is popping the discs in and letting them do their thing. No idea what's wrong but looks like I might need to get a new hard drive? Even though this one's been fine for a long time.

I just got an extra second's worth of the cut-screen before it cut off this time. Progress. :thumbsdown

Edited by ihavecandygetinthevan

Well all I'm doing is popping the discs in and letting them do their thing. No idea what's wrong but looks like I might need to get a new hard drive? Even though this one's been fine for a long time.

I just got an extra second's worth of the cut-screen before it cut off this time. Progress. :thumbsdown

Sounds like it might be your hard drive to be honest...

You don't happen to have a spare you can try!?

Nah. Just looked at disc 1 again for scratches and it looked perfect except there was a tiny, tiny, tiny fingerprint mark on the outside of the disc. So I've given that a gentle rub (steady) and will try install again. Could I get a copy of my mates disc one and install that or is it only able to install on one machine? Failing that I'll probably go buy a new hard drive.

Aye installing disc 1 which takes about 15-20 minutes. Then it says insert disc 2, which just goes to "loading story mode" at the bottom right, but then pops up with "install complete" after a while. A mate's told me not to install the second disc, but it's not giving me an option not to. Bizarre. I've deleted everything and tried re-installing about three times now, f**k all's happening. Maybe my hard drive's goosed, but I want to be able to try it without installing the data on disc 2 to see if that works...

I think that's just the install process. "Don't install the play disc" means don't physically go into your xbox settings and choose to install that disc to the hard-drive.

Gotcha.

Well I've not done that, so, that's good.

As I see it, my options are...

a) Install again now that I've wiped the disc. Doubt that'll do anything different.

b) Install my mates disc one and see if that fixes any issues.

c) Buy a new hard drive.

If they don't work, well, let's not go there... :(

I've stupidly gone for the 'offshore' option on that heist and have no idea how I'm meant to get the cargo helicopter from the military base. :lol:

Any attempt to enter the base ends up in insta-death. :(

Hope you sticky bombed the fruit stall en route.

YA BEAUTY! IT'S WORKED! Tiny remnants of a fingerprint needed wiped off disc 1. That's all. :lol::1eye

Cheers for your help fellas. See you in a few days...

Edit: Forget that, played for 5 minutes, got to the car and it's done it again....f**k.

Edited by ihavecandygetinthevan

got it, installed it, spent ages fannying around mucking about.

Ragdolling on a superbike after an accident - hilarious

glitchy race - bloody won the thing and the blue dots were on the map and not moving, end of race didnt come up. stood out the car then 'Blammy' im a corpse.

oh and the Chop ifruit app was down this morning

I've stupidly gone for the 'offshore' option on that heist and have no idea how I'm meant to get the cargo helicopter from the military base. :lol:

Any attempt to enter the base ends up in insta-death. :(

I just walked through the front gates, ran to the chopper and off I went.

YA BEAUTY! IT'S WORKED! Tiny remnants of a fingerprint needed wiped off disc 1. That's all. :lol::1eye

Cheers for your help fellas. See you in a few days...

Edit: Forget that, played for 5 minutes, got to the car and it's done it again....f**k.

Try installing disc 1 on a USB or external hard drive. If that still doesn't fix it, it's the game, not you or your hard drive.

I'm guessing you have an original model 360? That's what I have, and along with many others we've found that the game doesn't work on these consoles for whatever reason. Just won't work at all. Need to wait on Rockstar to address the issue and stop ignoring it.

Absolutely loving this game so far, easily the best game I've ever played. The storylines are great, the characters are great and the detail is quite amazing. The missions are fantastic, much better than any other GTA imo, there's just so much variety of things to do.

Fucking hate the planes though.

Doesn't work even with the external hard drive or USB? Or do you mean doesn't work with the internal hard drive? Because I think it's the original model - it's fucking ancient.

I'll go buy a USB or hard drive at some point then. Gutted. Got a week off next week and this needs played!

Try installing disc 1 on a USB or external hard drive. If that still doesn't fix it, it's the game, not you or your hard drive.

I'm guessing you have an original model 360? That's what I have, and along with many others we've found that the game doesn't work on these consoles for whatever reason. Just won't work at all. Need to wait on Rockstar to address the issue and stop ignoring it.

Works on mine, just really slow at loading the textures at times.

I'm going to install the play disc on a USB tomorrow when I can pick one up and see if that makes any difference