Grand Theft Auto V

Thinking of buying Vice City for my IPhone 5 for £2.99. Anyone played it on a mobile? Heard its great but the controls take a bit getting used to?

I play it on an iPad and it's great. Controls do get a bit of getting used to but other than that I can't fault it.

Just went and purchased Vice City again. I actually fancied hearing the soundtrack again if I'm being honest, but hopefully re-playing it will get me pumped up for V. I'm not looking forward to the mini helicopter mission again. Can anyone recall that? It was for the guy with the cowboy hat and you had to use a remote helicopter to plant explosives in a big building. It almost made me quit the game entirely. I literally took hours to do it and at one point I was sleep walking at home and almost left the house. Thankfully my mother caught me and asked where I was going, to which I responded "I need to go and get my helicopter". True story. Who says violent games have an effect on children :wub:

Can't wait to wipe everyone out in the Malibu club again :lol:

The mini helicopter mission was a right c**t. It's fairly near the begining of the game as well I think.

I completed San Andreas again recently. Might get fired into Vice City. I downloaded it for my phone but it's a bit too fidly.

Just went and purchased Vice City again. I actually fancied hearing the soundtrack again if I'm being honest, but hopefully re-playing it will get me pumped up for V. I'm not looking forward to the mini helicopter mission again. Can anyone recall that? It was for the guy with the cowboy hat and you had to use a remote helicopter to plant explosives in a big building. It almost made me quit the game entirely.

There's a similar one later on where you have to fly planes and drop bombs for the geek guy, I found that harder than the helicopter one.

Completed San Andreas for the first time. It really is the best GTA. So much variety and originality. I'm going for 100% now.

How easy is it to get 100% in any GTA game? Not that I've done it.

How easy is it to get 100% in any GTA game? Not that I've done it.

I've never done it either, but I'd imagine it takes absolutely ages. For SA you need to complete 187 objectives (96 missions). Here's a list if anyone's interested: http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/100percent/index.php

There's a similar one later on where you have to fly planes and drop bombs for the geek guy, I found that harder than the helicopter one.

That one was an absolute nightmare

The best game imo was VC, but i must admit i was so glad when they introduced simming into yoyr character in SA, many a time clipping into water on VC and dying

The mini helicopter mission was a right c**t. It's fairly near the begining of the game as well I think.

Both those missions are murder. Downloaded Vice City for my PS3 recently and spent hours on the RC Helicopter mission. Still haven't got by it. <_<

Just went and purchased Vice City again. I actually fancied hearing the soundtrack again if I'm being honest, but hopefully re-playing it will get me pumped up for V. I'm not looking forward to the mini helicopter mission again. Can anyone recall that? It was for the guy with the cowboy hat and you had to use a remote helicopter to plant explosives in a big building. It almost made me quit the game entirely. I literally took hours to do it and at one point I was sleep walking at home and almost left the house. Thankfully my mother caught me and asked where I was going, to which I responded "I need to go and get my helicopter". True story. Who says violent games have an effect on children :wub:

Can't wait to wipe everyone out in the Malibu club again :lol:

Took me weeks to complete that. Got lucky completing it and honestly think I would still struggle now to do that mission.

A loved the pills in Vice City that made the character have mutant strength, was class hooking folk 60 feet in the air.

Empathy; it's the biggest problem with the GTA series. While all I want to do is watch the world burn, somehow Rockstar North think that character progression is what all the kids want, so they hamper us having to take our retarded cousin bowling all the fucking time or have a whiny voiced annoying girlfriend.

Help you fly a toy helicopter? GTF kid, I want to shoot pigs with high calibre rifles.

Edited by Ric

The missions for the guy in the cowboy hat in Vice City were mental. Think I'm right in saying the cut scenes were always in the back of a limo.

The missions for the guy in the cowboy hat in Vice City were mental.  Think I'm right in saying the cut scenes were always in the back of a limo.

Aye they were. Pretty sure he was voiced by Burt Reynolds.

The geek's Zero in San Andreas, the bomb dropping one in Vice City is a Haitian mission, taking out Cuban boats. The second Zero mission is a nightmare.

I never found the RC helicopter one in Vice City too bad, all Avery missions were pretty enjoyable. The cutscenes were class too, particularly when he has Donald Love in the limo.

On 100% completion, San Andreas is the only one I've done it in, I could never do the rampages in 3 or Vice City and couldn't be arsed in IV. It's extremely time consuming getting all the collectibles, but most of the sub-missions aren't too difficult. The ones I find really challenging in SA are the motorbike challenge in the docks in San Fierro, the bmx challenge in Los Santos, and the absolute fucking b*****d that is the final quarry mission. The vigilante's solid if you do it a normal police car but if you get yourself an attack helicopter it's easy enough, and a ridiculous amount of fun.

Speaking of collectibles, there are going to be an absolute fuckton in V considering the size of the map and the underwater stuff too. Doubt I'll have the patience to go for 100% if it's as big as reported. :lol:

I collected all the parcels in VC to find out all you got was a f*cking helicopter! Hunter I think they were called? What was even more annoying was that half the time when you went to the launch pad it wasn't even there. Hours spent finding all the packages just for the prize to be temperamental.

Was good finding them all mind you, even if it was purely down to using the strategy guide!

The geek's Zero in San Andreas, the bomb dropping one in Vice City is a Haitian mission, taking out Cuban boats. The second Zero mission is a nightmare.

On 100% completion, San Andreas is the only one I've done it in, I could never do the rampages in 3 or Vice City and couldn't be arsed in IV. It's extremely time consuming getting all the collectibles, but most of the sub-missions aren't too difficult. The ones I find really challenging in SA are the motorbike challenge in the docks in San Fierro, the bmx challenge in Los Santos, and the absolute fucking b*****d that is the final quarry mission. The vigilante's solid if you do it a normal police car but if you get yourself an attack helicopter it's easy enough, and a ridiculous amount of fun.

Ah f**k, that means I'll have to do the mission since I'm replaying San Andreas (though on hold till exams are done). Damn, was slightly glad I wouldn't have to do it! That VC mission wasn't too bad, if you caught them before the boats left then it wasn't too hard as the cars were easy enough to take out.

I always found one of the Flight school challenges impossible. I remember I was playing it while my sister was basically having an empty (I was like 11 hence not taking part) and a bunch of guys that were round were sitting having turns and one of them completed it for me! :lol: Don't think I'll have that luxury this time. :(

I collected all the parcels in VC to find out all you got was a f*cking helicopter! Hunter I think they were called? What was even more annoying was that half the time when you went to the launch pad it wasn't even there. Hours spent finding all the packages just for the prize to be temperamental.

Was good finding them all mind you, even if it was purely down to using the strategy guide!

A rather excellent helicopter though. And the weapons you got for packages along the way were useful.

Ah f**k, that means I'll have to do the mission since I'm replaying San Andreas (though on hold till exams are done). Damn, was slightly glad I wouldn't have to do it! That VC mission wasn't too bad, if you caught them before the boats left then it wasn't too hard as the cars were easy enough to take out.

I always found one of the Flight school challenges impossible. I remember I was playing it while my sister was basically having an empty (I was like 11 hence not taking part) and a bunch of guys that were round were sitting having turns and one of them completed it for me! :lol: Don't think I'll have that luxury this time. :(

Pretty much everyone hates the Zero missions. :lol: I'm fine with the first one where you have the minigun on his roof, and the third is a piece of piss, but I've never got the second one on the first attempt.