Steve Kean

Theeesel

How would he support himself and his family though, given that he apparantly can't ever work again once he leaves Blackburn?

Really? Who said that? - that would be an incredible claim...

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I think the fans are seeing the just rewards for their efforts in getting behind the team," Kean told BBC Sport.

Even after all the abuse he's taken he's giving the fans credit. No doubt just to keep them sweet but the man has the patience of a saint.

Even after all the abuse he's taken he's giving the fans credit. No doubt just to keep them sweet but the man has the patience of a saint.

I think the problem is maybe not with Kean, but with the owners. The fans don't like them.

They came in, eventually got rid of Allardyce and appointed Kean. The fans see him as the owners choice.

Eric Black joined as Assistant Manager mid/end of January. Blackburn start picking up more points after mid/end January. Could of course just be co-incidence.

He was not allowed an assistant before this.

I've heard that Hanley seems to be getting quite a bit of praise from within the support, judging from what I've seen on Twitter and their forums. Pleasing to have a young centre back that is starting to flourish in the premiership if this is the case.

Getting rid of the hugely overrated Chris Samba appears to have helped them quite a bit.

Don't think Samba had played for a good while before christmas though.

• 1 month later...

kean looked like he was wanting to square go the entire Blackburn support at the end there.

Cheer up Steve, you can have a drink this evening :ph34r:

He sure showed those Blackburn fans who wanted a competent manager to be brought in. Although I'd imagine all the sympathisers will just say "Blackburn supporters deserve relegation!!!!11111" and view it as some sort of justification for a massive failure from a shite manager. I feel sorry for the fans who just wanted to affect a positive change at the club they support.

He sure showed those Blackburn fans who wanted a competent manager to be brought in. Although I'd imagine all the sympathisers will just say "Blackburn supporters deserve relegation!!!!11111" and view it as some sort of justification for a massive failure from a shite manager. I feel sorry for the fans who just wanted to affect a positive change at the club they support.

I feel the same really. don't think there's any doubt their criticism all season didn't help the side, but maybe if the board had listened to them early doors, they might have stayed up.

Kean was out of his depth, and he will never be back in the Premiership as a manager. Look for him at a League One club soon...

I can certainly admit that Steve Kean is probably not a Premiership- level manager, but he's the only one I have sympathy for in the event of Blackburn's relegation.

He's no tactical-genius, perhaps far from it, but the abuse he's been subjected to, most of it unfair as far as I can see, I think he's acted admirably tbh.

I know the fans didn't rate him, and perhaps they've been vindicated in those thoughts, but for me, the main problem lies with the owners. But when it became clear that they weren't going to do anything, Kean quickly became the very public scapegoat for all of the club's ills.

I think he's behaved superbly in all of this, and while he's not a great manager by any stretch, I'm glad that Blackburn as a club have had a comeuppance. They're a pretty boring club, who's fans some of have acted pretty shamefully this season, and offer little more to the Premiership than the likes of Middlesbrough as far as I'm concerned.

Archived