The 'What did you get for Xmas' Thread.

Unless your gran is absolutely minted then you should feel embarrassed about taking £500 from your gran. I'm genuinely stunned people gladly accept this sort of money from parents /grandparents (as adults)

Of course everyones budget and circumstances are different and you may desperately need that money etc which is fair enough but if you don't then I'm quite surprised a few folk on here would gladly just take that sort of money from their elderly relatives. Maybe just me

Unless your gran is absolutely minted then you should feel embarrassed about taking £500 from your gran. I'm genuinely stunned people gladly accept this sort of money from parents /grandparents (as adults)

Of course everyones budget and circumstances are different and you may desperately need that money etc which is fair enough but if you don't then I'm quite surprised a few folk on here would gladly just take that sort of money from their elderly relatives. Maybe just me

I'am shocked. Don't even plan to spend it. Think she give it to me in case i need it for the future and i'm gonna stick to that word.

I got that amount from my grandparents when I turned 18, seemingly whenever a grandchilds born they start an account and put small amounts into it every week, and then give the grandchild it when they turn 18 as a special helping hand. A pretty neat idea I'll hopefully be able to replicate.

In any other circumstances I'd refuse, or spend the majority of the money on them.

I got £200 tbf. Half a grand is a bit much, but I'm ridiculously close to that gran, she's got plenty of money and obviously makes her happy helping me out when she can. She's a wee legend. She'd be offended if I told her I didn't want it.

Invictus box of goodies

Elemis box of goodies

Lacoste polo shirts x 2

Hilfiger jumper

Hilfiger tee shirts x 3

Hilfiger shirts x 3

Pink Floyd book

David Gilmour CD & DVD

Other bits and pieces

A load of money to spend in House of Fraser next week

No selection box though.

Edit :- And a tattoo a couple of weeks ago

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

UEFA great goals DVD

2 Dr Who t-shirts (one's actually my birthday present from June- the sister had lost it and then found it again...XXL size though, cheeky bint)

Judge Dredd mug

Avengers Assemble calender

some money

:geek:geek:geek:geek:geek

can't complain really - I gave everyone else calenders!

I'am shocked. Don't even plan to spend it. Think she give it to me in case i need it for the future and i'm gonna stick to that word.

I got that amount from my grandparents when I turned 18, seemingly whenever a grandchilds born they start an account and put small amounts into it every week, and then give the grandchild it when they turn 18 as a special helping hand. A pretty neat idea I'll hopefully be able to replicate.

In any other circumstances I'd refuse, or spend the majority of the money on them.

I got £200 tbf. Half a grand is a bit much, but I'm ridiculously close to that gran, she's got plenty of money and obviously makes her happy helping me out when she can. She's a wee legend. She'd be offended if I told her I didn't want it.

My Nana never gave me more than £20, simply cause she likely didn't have more. However some grandparents have little to spare their well earned pennies on their grandkids and fair fucks to them. May as well spoil the young uns while you're alive.

My Nana never gave me more than £20, simply cause she likely didn't have more. However some grandparents have little to spare their well earned pennies on their grandkids and fair fucks to them. May as well spoil the young uns while you're alive.

Spot on MrCat.

I'm up to theirs a few times a week too and help them with all sorts of stuff thats needing done so think it's her way of saying thanks a bit too. Spoilt rotten and I'm incredibly grateful for it, 80 out for drinking purposes before firing it all into the bank Monday. :)

How did they decide who did the walk of shame to deposit 53p in the account each week?

Aftershave, money, clothes, a chilli lollipop, metal gear solid coffee mug, Size? Vouchers, Five Guys Voucher, soap stuff from Lush and an Arcade Fire T-shirt which is my favourite!

Much love, hope everyone had a good Christmas.

PS: and the obligatory Lynx shower gel/deodorant gift set.

Edited by DonnieDarko

How did they decide who did the walk of shame to deposit 53p in the account each week?

Cant remember how they done it tbh. Regardless it helped me get my first car, which helped me get my job, and also helped towards saving for a house, so they done good.

The only time my grandparents ever spent big on me was getting me an Armani watch for my 18th. I seen it in the shop and was about £350.

I never even got a bank account with money saved in it from my family either. So I'm needing to start the saving from January for a mortgage.

From work, 3 bottles of wine and one of vodka, a couple of shifts at double time and a full week off. From others, toiletries, cosmetics, chocolate, pyjamas, cookery book (I love you, Nigella :wub: ) a Take That DVD, a pair of Hamburgs and a Radley purse.