Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No, there is no guarantee any will be paid. Basically, the administrator should be brought in to look out after the interests of the creditors. They are all unsecured creditors, secured creditors get priority. That is basically Whyte. The HMRC wanted to appoint an independent administrator, but instead got a couple of Whyte's dodgy mates. So, it is likely they will be acting in the interests of Whyte rather than HMRC or any other Scottish club, who will be completely ignored.

What Whyte is doing is a bloody disgrace and the Scottish clubs should refuse to play at Ibrox.

I have a feeling we will all hate Rangers a lot more after this. This is when you see how fucking dirty the fuckers really are, and how the SPL bend over.

Dodgy mates or no dodgy mates, are they actually allowed to do be seen to be doing that? If they act in the interests of Craig Whyte first and foremost, would that not be because of his status as a secured creditor, rather than him being bedfellows with them?

How does "secured creditor" staus get assumed? I only ask because it seems as though Ticketus will be due >>>£20m, HMRC are due >>> £9m - is the Ticketus debt alone not higher than what Craig Whyte is due?

Dodgy mates or no dodgy mates, are they actually allowed to do be seen to be doing that? If they act in the interests of Craig Whyte first and foremost, would that not be because of his status as a secured creditor, rather than him being bedfellows with them?

How does "secured creditor" staus get assumed? I only ask because it seems as though Ticketus will be due >>>£20m, HMRC are due >>> £9m - is the Ticketus debt alone not higher than what Craig Whyte is due?

Correct me if I am wrong people;

Craig Whyte got forms of collateral when he 'lent' Rangers money, Hearts did not. He is a secured creditor. HMRC do not (this is based on a legal ruling some time ago).

Accountants get paid a shit load of cash for a reason. The guys Whyte have brought in will be pretty much international-standard shits and have earned that reputation by helping rich people avoid tax bills.

In case anyone was thinking this sad episode set any kind of precedent - other than within football circles, I give you an extract from an article which illustrates the "competencies" of HMRC......

Treasury 'unaware' of tax write-off

(UKPA) – Feb 6, 2012

The Treasury was "surprised" to learn that £10.9 billion of unpaid tax had been written off by HM Revenue & Customs in one year, according to an influential group of MPs.

The department was apparently not fully aware of the estimate until after it appeared in the Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) for 2009-10.

It also had "no knowledge" of whether plans were in place to cut the taxpayer's huge £15.7 billion liability for clinical negligence claims, the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) said.

The criticism came in a report on the accounts - which were compiled and published for the first time last year.

So how can anyone trust them with any money?

The game needs a certain amount of trust to operate ie splitting gate money. How is the SPL going to deal with this and why should the clubs that are owed mony let RFC through their gates?

Are there rules in the SPL for this?

Yes, they will be making them up at the next meeting. No change there then.

You are suggesting that the SPL clubs should all resign in protest at themselves for allowing Rangers back? :blink:

No, as I said in the first post, responding to Swampy, that's I don't fully understand the voting procedures within the spl and if rangers were allowed straight back in ( if they fold or whatever) without consultation then it would be a joke.

It seems to me that Whyte has planned this all along. He has no intention of paying any tax bill in full. The revelation today that he (Rangers) have not paid any tax since he took over surely confirms this. He knew all along that he was putting the club into administration and HMRC would at the most get a very small percentage of what they are due. If he or HMRC liquidate the club then there will be no money paid in tax. Whyte will buy the assets, Ibrox and Murray Park for a song and then rent them back to the club at a huge price. He might then sell them later at a big profit.

The SFA have a lot to answer. They are still looking into Whyte to see if he is a fit person to run a football club, nine months after he took over!

The BBC has already sussed out Mr Whyte