Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The original interior is also coverted by the listing..........wood and stained glass doors to vestibule and RFC floor mosaic. 2 Doric columns and 2 pilasters with disc frieze capitals carry landing. Dark wood panelled walls and simple plaster cornices, stair with wrought-iron and wood banister. 1st floor large corniced door to Director's room. Most rooms have wood panelling and some original light fittings.

It is highly unlikely that planning permission would be forthcoming for the redevelopment of either Ibrox or Murray Park.

The highest value acheiveable would therefore be as a football ground and football training ground respectively.

There's been prettier buildings trashed before in the west of scotland over the years

For reasons wholly unrelated to watching shite bigots I was in a Rangers-minded pub in the south-side of Glasgow in October. They were reeling out all the party tunes, including certain numbers about about fucking the Pope and death to Catholics, shortly before they slithered onto the buses for Ibrox.

Contrary to your anecdote, not a single one of them left, or even objected to this collective show of bigotry. Clearly I must have just gone to the wrong place: if there is a selection of more genteel establishments before your match days then let us know. Because all the ones I've had the misfortune to share with your knuckle-dragging fans have involved bigotry. Not to forget the bigotry of Rangers fans in Stranraer, in the Stranraer social club, on the way home from your first home game this season, singing the Sash.

Again, must be that tiny minority non-bigots just keep bumping in to.

If you go into The County Bar in Johnstone you will hear all the old songs...If you go into The Silver Tassie or Masonic Hall you wont. All 3 are full of Rangers supporters but 1 is a shithole full of idiots and the other 2 are decent places for a drink

No 8, you come across as a decent chap who likes his fitba (unusual for a Rangers fan) and i admire the way you are sticking up for your club when it would be far easier to ignore this thread altogether, but where you are letting yourself down is trying to stick up for the huge numbskull element that Rangers have.

Every fan on here from other clubs can probably very easily give at least 3 examples of why they hate Rangers fans, does that sound like a minority to you?

You are very quickly gonnae lose any respect you have on this board if you stand up for the moron element that follow Rangers.

I know a few Gers season ticket holders who, like yourself are decent supporters, but even they slag the huge embarrassment that follow the club.

Yes every club has an element of "arsehole fans" but Rangers just take it too far. Far too many of lifes losers attach themselves to Rangers to give their sad lives an element of winner, the price you pay for success i guess.

Edited by Gaz FFC

If you go into The County Bar in Johnstone you will hear all the old songs...If you go into The Silver Tassie or Masonic Hall you wont. All 3 are full of Rangers supporters but 1 is a shithole full of idiots and the other 2 are decent places for a drink

By your own 'Johnstone straw poll', 1/3 of Rangers fans are idiotic bigots then. Rangers have banned 700-odd. What accounts for the missing 16,000?

Edited by vikingTON

I don't agree with that. A tiny minority are bigots but there is a huge number who call themself '90 minute bigots' and these are the ones i find most irritating. Perfectly normal well balanced individuals who enter a football stadium and become transformed into a raging bigots..I just don't get it and i never have.

That is what your team is all about, those are the fans they have been encouraging for decades.

You started supporting Rangers, I believe, in the 1970's when they operated a sectarian signing policy, and the club and their fans were openly anti-catholic, and still you gave them your support.

Those bigots, backed by the 90 minuters, are the public face of your club, that's what the guy who goes to Fir Park, Rugby Park, or Love Street sees when Rangers come calling. They're the real Rangers fans, not you. The ones on Rangers media clamouring for the administrators to sack all the f*****s first, they're the Rangers fans we've all known for decades, and despised.

Maybe it's time you took the blinkers off, then you'll get it, like we all do.

The Old Firm have, for long and weary, been peddling this lie about it being a minority, the rest of us know the truth.

As I've been saying for years II

V

That is what your team is all about, those are the fans they have been encouraging for decades.

You started supporting Rangers, I believe, in the 1970's when they operated a sectarian signing policy, and the club and their fans were openly anti-catholic, and still you gave them your support.

Those bigots, backed by the 90 minuters, are the public face of your club, that's what the guy who goes to Fir Park, Rugby Park, or Love Street sees when Rangers come calling. They're the real Rangers fans, not you. The ones on Rangers media clamouring for the administrators to sack all the f*****s first, they're the Rangers fans we've all known for decades, and despised.

The Old Firm have, for long and weary, been peddling this lie about it being a minority, the rest of us know the truth.

V

Have a greeny on two counts. One, your general comments, and points raised. Two - for still saying 'Love Street'.

God bless ye'. :)

I hear season tickets for Rangers(in administration) may not be valid after this weekends game.Apparently season ticket holders are UNSECURED creditors and could well be asked to pay to attend further games? How "loyal" will the fans be then?

They didn't. All wages were paid until the end of February last tuesday. Today's the last day of February and Smith is gone.

177 is right and it's 300+ including matchday staff.

Administration day + 16

I do wish the 'we are bad but you are worse' commentators would stick to the Rangers Celtic forum.

Re above comment. Administrator is there to prune the business, cut costs, slow the haemorrhaging of money from the business and make it as attractive as possible to would be purchasers. One step would have been to dump Smith straightaway. After all he was only there as a patsy for Whyte to give some credibility. Even saving 1 week's wages would have helped the creditors. So why ponce about letting him linger on is beyond me. And of course Smith in today's Herald is moaning that Whyte hasn't phoned him. Get over it Gordon, you were useful to him once, but now you aren't. Move on, get back to being an IFA or TV pundit, whichever pays you best. But I am sure not as good as wee Craig bunged your way.

Sackings: I would expect a first team squad of 25, the u19s totally chopped, and at least half the rest. Anything else is a fudge.

Ticketus. From what they said earlier they are not a creditor. Now

http://tinyurl.com/7f6z36b Think they are pleading that whoever buys Ranghers (as if that might happen!) will carry over the agreement they had with Craig Whyte re season ticket future sales. Some chance. You can see the desperation in their statement, with a bunch of investors who will batter their doors down through the courts. Whoever buys the company will just issue their own season tickets, keep the income and let Ticketus whistle for their money first from

Whyte and then through the courts.

Administrators

. What are they really playing at? Delaying tactics are in place for whatever reason. Hopefully they are acting on behalf of the creditors. All the talk of players being let go, taking wage cuts are great to encourage the media to guess who is going and who is staying, but of course this is distracting from the real stories. As we have to guess what is the rational behind this lethargy, one view is that the administrators are working closely with Strathclyde police, waiting till Whyte comes back to the UK, the administrators produce their findings (including wrong doing) and Whyte is lifted by the boys in blue.

Another musical interlude.

Steven Naismith is gigging already as he tries to top up his wages. Here he is putting out a clear warning to the Rangers supporters so they can understand.

I remember Peel playing them quite a bit and they have some amount of titles that could have been written with this Rangers situation in mind.

"Knee Deep in Shit" seems apt but I quite like the more subtle "The Harder You Fall"

Am73AGxCEAEGYYg.jpg

Why should they go without pay, Doesnt make a difference if you are a footballer or a binman. You wouldn't be expected to work for free because someone fucked up.

PS Kyle Bartley looks like a right fanny

V

I think that's harsh dude, people start supporting their football club long before they understand anything about politics or brainwashing (or religion as some call it).

If you start supporting a club and then become a bigot then there is a problem.

At the end of the day, your team is your team and i would imagine it is very difficult for anyone who has invested their time, money and affection to ditch or switch clubs no matter how much other fans do your head in.

The things other rangers fans may say or do should in no way reflect on No.8

The Rangers fans from the Glasgow area are more likely to be like no.8 and these are the ones who have the right to call themselves the true rangers fans.

Why should they go without pay, Doesnt make a difference if you are a footballer or a binman. You wouldn't be expected to work for free because someone fucked up.

PS Kyle Bartley looks like a right fanny

I agree completely on both counts, especially the latter!

Nonsense..Did UEFA make us stop the Annual Church Parade? Did they make us stop The Boys Brigade using the ground? Did they make us sack our vice Chairman for singing a Folk Song? and so on and so on.....

Why would UEFA stop you having a church parade?. Perhaps if some of the "minority" went to a church on a Sunday they would possibly learn something.

Why would UEFA stop you working with the Boys Brigade? As a BB company captain we are not a single faith organisation and are open to people of all or no faiths. Yes there is a Christian background but its non denominational (mainly Church of Scotland) and the only BB event I have been to in Glasgow was hosted by your rivals from the East End of the city.

The problem with the "minority" is they confuse their history and bigotry with true religion. That's where the former chairman fell down.

Edited by realmadrid

I think a decent compromise should Rangers be liquidated, the new company thats setup starts in the bottom division but to make up for the loss of games we change to a 14 team league, giving clubs an extra 3 home games each (which would wipe out he deficit from Rangers visits), change to 3 leagues instead of 4, Rangers will be back in the SPL in 2 years rather than 3 which would appease any TV deal.

When we attend matches at turnstile level,we don't know what the higher earners have as outgoings. Having supported a team which has gone into administration twice ,each time one of the first employees to go was the Kitman and they both would have done that job for free. This is not a situation that anyone should gloat over.

Edited by countrybluenose