Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Entertaining as it is I'm not going to get into the later post on bigots etc, suffice is to say we've all experienced them. The post on the highs and lows of supporting a "small" team was spot on though. As an Airdrie supporter the joy of watching them play in two Scottish Cup finals, and the experience of the journey the team took getting there can never be understood by an Old Firm fan. We lost both finals but fantastic days out both of them, followed by large crowds welcoming the team back to the town.

Anyway, on to more pressing matters. It must be getting bad when the Telegraph starts taking more than a passing interest (http://www.telegraph...or-Rangers.html ).

Haven't they been paying Roddy Forsyth to write about Scottish football for years?

These administrators really are not fit for purpose - they are in there to run the business for the good of the creditors. Time they grew a pair and swung the axe rather than tiptoeing around letting the employees make the big decisions.

I woke up today, feeling refreshed after 12 hours sleep with this song stuck repeatedly in my head, with only the location changed.

If you go down to Ibrox today, You're sure of a big surprise

If you go down to Ibrox today, You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was, Will gather there for certain, because

Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic.

These administrators really are not fit for purpose - they are in there to run the business for the good of the creditors. Time they grew a pair and swung the axe rather than tiptoeing around letting the employees make the big decisions.

perhaps why Whyte was so quick to appoint them? they feck it up, he's got someone else to shift the blame onto, and he remains a "stand up guy" in all this mess.oh and probably a few £mill better off :angry:

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

thumbup2.gif

What an excellent post! An accurate description of how it feels to follow a non-Old Firm club.

I would award you a red-and-yellow-hooped award of some kind, but all I can find is this green thingy. Well deserved!

1330683544[/url]' post='6018093']

It would be interesting to hear their reasoning for taking so long to try and mitigate costs. If i was a creditor i would be asking why nothing has been done as yet. Surely HMRC cant be too chuffed either?

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

I used to be a Rangers fan up until when I had turned 16. Not gonna lie, I was a complete arse when I was younger(not as much I am now before any of you get wide :P ). :( *** without the busfare digs were and still are meritted. Changing to Hearts was the best decision I ever made. Rangers had won the league at the death when Scott McDonald scored those last two goals for Motherwell to win Rangers the title. The problem? I didn't care. Why should I support a team that I got f**k excitement out of winning the league?

My family were hearts fans and I'd always had a soft spot for them, so I actually started going to games and and gained more of an interest in the dynamics of the game. It did not help my gloryhunting accusations when George Burley took Hearts to the top of the table. I took a lot of stick for it, but I wouldn't have had it any other way, and would do it all again if I had to. I hate the fact I wasted my youngers years being part of that cesspit in the first place.

Being an non-OF fan is the best thing you will ever do.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

It would be interesting to hear their reasoning for taking so long to try and mitigate costs. If i was a creditor i would be asking why nothing has been done as yet. Surely HMRC cant be too chuffed either?

I suppose when they was looking at the books that Craig Whyte has hidden a fair number of things that has taken time to sort out including his management fee's lol.

Edited by betting competition

Eh no, if the club is liquidated then the administrators have no role: there is no 'club' to save if your theory comes to pass. As soon as the club is liquidated, the administrators basically divvy up the assets between creditors and exit stage left.

The administrators are meant to be acting in the best interests of creditors. This means that Rangers' assets should be sold and divvied up between them, as there is little chance of a takeover or a credible CVA going through before they get hit with the tax bill.

Yes that is obvious so maybe didn't understand what i was getting at but there is money in there accounts to keep them going to the end of the season if they take drastic action like they are going today.

Although if they lose the big tax case this month then obviously they won't make the end of the season.

Edited by betting competition

Exactly what a pair of cowards. Let's pass the buck to the players to save the club! The players are right in the firing line of the support now, & where is Craig Whyte? Well out of sight.

SSN just reported that the players are at Murray Park 'mulling over the various options'. As so many other posters have also said - what kind of two-bob administrators are this Haudit & Daudit duo? Mulling over options? 15 days or so into administration? WTF is going on?

Couldn`t agree more with some of these posts. Supporting non-of teams and all the hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Real supporting. I remember when United finally won the cup in`94 and what it meant to absolutely everyone....then getting relegated the next season AND losing to Stenny in the challenge cup final. A proper rollercoaster period. We`ve only ever won 5 major trophies......and i rarely go into any season expecting to add to that. That said, the feeling after the CIS final in `98 was a sore one. How we never got a pen after Kalvenes (i think) was assaulted in the box i`ll never know, and that was for two nil. Insert your own teams tale of woe at hampden here....

SSN just reported that the players are at Murray Park 'mulling over the various options'. As so many other posters have also said - what kind of two-bob administrators are this Haudit & Daudit duo? Mulling over options? 15 days or so into administration? WTF is going on?

Hearts should just send the bailiffs round and repossess Lee Wallace.