Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He did come across as a decent sort. I don't remember him swigging Baileys mind you.

I have an signed autobiography from him. Won it from Sportsound or Off The Ball a few years ago. I also won a Hertz jersey with "Romanov" on the back that I punted for 100 quid to some Jambo in Canada. Swings and roundabouts....... I think that was the last prize Stuart & Tam ever gave away.

There's a strange sense of decency coming from the Rangers players.

Whilst Rangers Media have been spouting bile about players refusing to accept pay cuts, it's actually been the case they've been holding on to protect the non-playing staff.

@BBCchrismclaug

Chris McLaughlin Craig Whyte spokesman says he has no intention of getting involved in name calling and mud slinging. #Rangers

Go on - everybody has been calling you names for weeks - join in the fun ya crook

(please note that the phrase 'ya crook' is my personal opinion and not necessarily the views of P&B,

Mr Whyte feel free to call me names or sue - I've barly got a pot to pish in, although that's probably more than you have in reality).

That has been sorted. MK Dons handed over all history to AFC Wimbledon, who are now looked upon as being the continuation.

As a result, AFC Wimbledon fans have stopped telling other teams' fans to boycott MK.

All of Wimbledon's trophies belong to the London Borough of Merton now as part of a settlement between MK Dons and League bodies. I think MK Dons are a continuation, but are regarded as more of a new club since MK Dons claim none of Wimbledon's honours and neither do AFC Wimbledon.

Nice one, thanks for clearing that up. I remember at the time the Football Supporters Federation wouldnt let MK Dons supporters club on board as some sort of protest against franchising football.

Cant stand MK Dons because of the way they managed to obtain league status and that owner Peter Winkelman comes across as a right slimy c**t.

Hopefully AFC Wimbledon go up this year,I know it still pissed them off that they use the "Dons" name, This would be a game worth watching 8)

Celtic could be left isolated with no OF partner to gang up with against the rest. The school bully left friendless when his little gang of chums finally see through him and join the rest of the class to alienate him.

It would be the end of the road for Celtic. Their crowds would dwindle.

Thge Old Firm's success is based on exploiting sectarianism, bigotry and hatred. They need each other to exist otherwise that exploitation would no longer be possible.

Once that goes then Celtic's days are numbered.

In the post war years before the mid 60s, the Edinburgh clubs got bigger gates than Celtic, and occasionally some of the other clubs. That is the way Celtic would be headed without Rangers. It would be a long slow death.

It would be the end of the road for Celtic. Their crowds would dwindle.

Thge Old Firm's success is based on exploiting sectarianism, bigotry and hatred. They need each other to exist otherwise that exploitation would no longer be possible.

Once that goes then Celtic's days are numbered.

In the post war years before the mid 60s, the Edinburgh clubs got bigger gates than Celtic, and occasionally some of the other clubs. That is the way Celtic would be headed without Rangers. It would be a long slow death.

What's not to like?

Craig Whyte's lackey popped up quickly to say "There is absolutely no necessity for Rangers to go into liquidation, I believe we will come out of administration by way of a CVA that is in the interest of all the stockholders"

Also a big boy did it and ran away. You're all mean. I'm going in waaaah waaahh.

Whilst Rangers Media have been spouting bile about players refusing to accept pay cuts, it's actually been the case they've been holding on to protect the non-playing staff.

Maybe the Rangers players do deserve credit if they are trying to do something to stave-off job cuts in non-playing areas, but while admirable if true, this is still a club needing to save one million pounds every month.

It remains puzzling as to why administrators, after nearly a month, have not initiated any cost-saving measures of their own. Playing staff or non playing staff, it doesn't matter, they need to cut costs.

Are the Rangers players trying, for example, to keep Ally McCoist, Ian Durrant, Kenny MacDowall, and Jim Stewart in jobs? Or is their concern with the kit man, cleaners and cooks etc?

I don't see how top earning players taking cuts alone is enough to save the money they need

In case you haven't heard. It's that annoying c**t from Talksport & Clyde 1, Tommy speaking to Craig Whyte about a takeover

EDIT: I dont think its real, as i know that Tommy if a bit of a lying c**t

Edited by Enrico Annoni

They don't have to be a latent Tier 5 they simply have to exist. Something exists outwith Tier 4, and it includes clubs who want to enter Tier 4. I believe any demotion or re-entry should be outside of Tier 4.

Basically, outside of Tier 4 you have "everything else". That "everything else" consists of (more or less) autonomous groups with limited organisation of their own and precious little to do with each other - it includes (but is not limited to) non-league Seniors, Juniors, Amateur, Welfare. It may includes clubs in abeyance and club that have formed but have yet to formally join an organisation. But as far as tier 4 looking down goes it is merely a pile of clubs - some are grouped together but that grouping gives them *no* priority whatsoever

Edited by The Old Northerner

Is it a case of too little too late? Davis, Naismith et al have been happy to accept full wages the last 3 weeks. Between the 5 top earners I would guess that's over £250k on their wages alone since administration. That would go some way to paying a lot of the non-footballing wages for the whole year. And 'normal' jobs- chefs, secretaries etc- are much harder to come by in this climate. If they genuinely cared then this would have happened 3 weeks ago.

Yet you're happy to lap up football success built on the exploitation of sectarianism!

He might not believe that to be the case. I don't, and im no fan of either Rangers or Celtic.

I agree, they're attempting to protect the wee people, maybe in a strange way, but they're trying to do the right thing. McCoist too as far a I understand.