Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Potential for a money-spinning play-off out of that, come to think of it.

Absolutely. Although we should definitely have a play-off to the SPL anyway, disregarding all this. In terms of league reconstruction and all that jazz, that is the one thing I want implemented more than anything.

Aren't a few of these dumplings out of contract in 3 months time? :blink:

No doubt. I reckon the Rangers squad will be no different from St Mirren's - in the respect that it is made up of youngsters, older pros, guys about to go out of contract, and guys who are on longer deals, having just signed new deals.

... which you'd think would allow Haudit & Daudit (in conjunction with Super Ally), to have made quick and decisive decisions about who needs to be cut loose in order to save money.

w**k, good guy, good guy, w**k, w**k...

Well, no...

I'm surprised you've came away with a comment like this since you normally seem to have a good grasp on these matters.

Rangers going would open up a space in Scottish football's professional leagues. Well, it would open up a space in the SPL. I wouldn't want to see a new Rangers get handed that space, I would want either 2nd in First Division (Falkirk/Dundee) to get it, or Dunfermline to avoid relegation. Re-jig the rest of the leagues to make the space in the Third Division.

Then clubs would apply, so for arguments sake New Rangers/Spartans/Cove Rangers etc.

Clubs would obviously vote in the New Rangers, and if that were to be the case I'd be happy with that. Ergo, I'd not be happy if they strolled into the SPL but would be fine with them starting off at the bottom of the professional ladder (ie. Third Division).

How is that hypocritical in any way, shape or form?

If we're upholding a moral position in preference to an economic one, it should be exactly that.

If it's unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay/enter in Tier 1 because of the well-meaning, rule-abiding, tax-paying clubs below them... then it's equally unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay/enter in Tier 4. And it's even moreso as SFL1 clubs have an annual avenue, via sporting promotion, as well as the potential of someone going bust - whereas non-league clubs have only the avenue of someone going bust.

If Rangers skooting direct into Tier 1 is unfair on Partick, skooting into Tier 4 is unfair on non-leaguers.

It's the aspect of "being happy with that", in particular, I'm relating to I suppose. Why be happy with it at Tier 4 but not Tier 1?

Edited by HibeeJibee

I assume that a club has to member of the SFA to be allowed into the SFL?

That should immediately rule out NewCo Rangers as they wouldn't have the 3 years audited accounts required for SFA membership.

I fear that an Airdrieonians/Clydebank situation could be repeated with East Stirling being the prime candidates to have their registration taken over by FC No Surrender 1690. :(

12.50pm: Keith Wyness, former Chief Executive of Aberdeen has said he believes Rangers should be stripped of their honours if an inquiry shows that they've broken rules regarding payments to players. Wyness also believes that Scottish football could be stronger if Rangers do go out of business.

From the Scotsman

Some sense from an establishment suit at last.

Maybe I've been mis-interpreted: I'm talking about what happens if they're liquidated. A suggestion has been made that them getting 'parachuted in' to SPL by transfer of membership, is wrong... yet it'd be fine to 'parachute' into SFL3. That's illogical, IMO.

It's not a parachute, they'd have to apply like everyone else. It's just very, very likely that they'd be accepted which is why it's also very very likely that few wee clubs would bother to apply at the same time

If we're upholding a moral position in preference to an economic one, it should be exactly that.

If it's unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay in Tier 1 because of the well-meaning, rule-abiding, tax-paying clubs below them... then it's equally unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay in Tier 4. And it's even moreso as SFL1 clubs have an annual avenue, via sporting promotion, as well as the potential of someone going bust - whereas non-league clubs have only the avenue of someone going bust.

If Rangers skooting direct into Tier 1 is unfair on Partick, skooting into Tier 4 is unfair on non-leaguers.

All depends on what you see as a fitting punishment for what they've done I suppose. Personally, I would be fine with them being put into the Third Division. Not only would they lose all their history, they would lose a lot of their fans and would never (I'd imagine) become the force they once were. Getting straight into the SPL isn't a punishment at all.

A lot of non-league sides don't want to be in the Scottish leagues as far as I'm aware.

No it isn't, because non-leaguers don't have a right to accede to the national setup. If Partick finish high enough in their league (and meet the stupid criteria), they do.

Leaving aside that a NewCo Rangers would, technically, be a 'non-league' side if it loses an SPL vote.

Edited by vikingTON

If it's unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay in Tier 1 because of the well-meaning, rule-abiding, tax-paying clubs below them... then it's equally unfair and immoral for Rangers to stay in Tier 4. And it's even moreso as SFL1 clubs have an annual avenue, via sporting promotion, as well as the potential of someone going bust - whereas non-league clubs have only the avenue of someone going bust.

It's not equally immoral - that's the whole point of competitive structure. What is immoral in that scenario is that there is no competitive mechanism for those clubs to get into the structure.

It might well be "immoral enough" to say that it shouldn't happen either.

Regarding the question of "where do newco start again?" - has there been a rule change that I've missed?

They go under before the season ends - no relegation and Ross County (presumably) go up and make the 12.SFL shuffle accordingly and new club enters at SFL 3.

That's always been my take on it.

If they go under AFTER the season end - that is messy, I agree.

That should immediately rule out NewCo Rangers as they wouldn't have the 3 years audited accounts required for SFA membership.

I fear that an Airdrieonians/Clydebank situation could be repeated with East Stirling being the prime candidates to have their registration taken over by FC No Surrender 1690. :(

Sorry If this has already been answered, but would they be allowed to take over the registration of another club? And if so how would they go about this?

Surely that would then have to be FC We Surrendered 1690?

Sorry If this has already been answered, but would they be allowed to take over the registration of another club? And if so how would they go about this?

Same way MK Dongs took over Wimbledon.

It's the aspect of "being happy with that", in particular, I'm relating to I suppose. Why be happy with it at Tier 4 but not Tier 1?

For someone who argues constantly on a relative basis in other threads, this is a glaring omission. I think the vast majority would like nothing better to see Rangers and all traces of its existence wiped off the surface of Scottiah football forever. Because it's one of the Old Firm, I agree. But if there is a viable NewCo, then it is better that it applies to Tier 4 than be given a free pass into Tier 1.

Ideally, any newCo should lose both votes (if they apply) and play in the Juniors. That's what I would expect were Morton to go bust tomorrow.

Realistically, we know that this isn't going to happen to a NewCo Rangers. The minimum acceptable sanction is starting at the bottom of the national setup, not in the SPL.

Edited by vikingTON

Regarding the question of "where do newco start again?" - has there been a rule change that I've missed?

They go under before the season ends - no relegation and Ross County (presumably) go up and make the 12.SFL shuffle accordingly and new club enters at SFL 3.

That's always been my take on it.

If they go under AFTER the season end - that is messy, I agree.

That is my reading of the situation too. I think right now all that is happening is an attempt to ensure that they can fulfil their fixtures so that they are still in the SPL at season's end.

Yes. Unless some dodgy ruse is conspired whereby an ice cream van with 3 years accounts comes along declaring itself to be a football, or unless they're able to present 3 sheets of blank paper and assert these were their financial dealings.

If it's not those 2 scenarios... i.e. it's the current "Rangers" by merit of a continued memberships of footballing bodies... I see no way in which their dropping into or being balloted into SFL3 is any more right or fair than being retained in SPL. It's just unfair on someone different.