Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've said it before, but Celtic could secure their hegemony for the forseeable future by voting no, and their fans would lap it up.

Yes, and following Lawwell's comments about them not needing rangers you'd certainly think they would. Despite that, I still have a niggling doubt and as such can't quite bring myself to add them to the list.

I presume this has been argued to death elsewhere by more knowledgeable people than me, but I can't see why it's a given that the SPL needs Rangers. Granted, Celtic will lose out, but then they have the near-certain championship to compensate. The closest potential challengers (eg. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) will lose two big gates a season, but if they are competing for second place I could see them making that up over the rest of the home games. The others such as Motherwell*, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren might also benefit from bigger travelling supports from the first four named. Plus there would be 5 places up for grabs in the top six rather than 4.

As for TV money, overall cake smaller, but everyone gets a bigger slice no?

*very unfair on current placing I know!

You say 'Celtic will lose out' - I don't really see how.

Celtic and Rangers embarked on a futile and very costly 'transfer war', ultimately and hopefully to the utter destruction of one of them. Celtic took the decision almost 10 years ago that this would not be continued, but still augmented the squad every so often, but almost always within their means (i.e. with the exception of one year - BTM's on the chin year).

Remove their main competitor and Celtic will continue to buy just what is needed to augment a squad that is very young - one that could arguably play together with very few changes for another decade. I think this is what Lawell meant when he said they didn't need any input from other clubs - simply stated: Celtic could very rapidly downsize whilst taking hold of the SPL trophy for any number of years to come bereft of their 'Old Firm' rivals.

This would be, on the one hand, a very shitty state of affairs in that one club might dominate, but on the other, could and hopefully should see more and more youngsters coming through at Celtic Park as the 'fear' of dropping more than a point or three every five or six games is removed (when Celtic 'bottled' it last season, they dropped points in only three from their last eighteen SPL matches).

I'd love to see Celtic downsize to the extent that TV and even gate money becomes an irrelevance, instead becoming a breeder/seller club in much the same manner as one might think of Ajax once was (still is??). Hopefully a knock on effect of that would be other clubs finding it easier to catch up.

Ultimately, I'd love it (in a Keegan-rantesque stylee) if there were three or four genuine title contenders playing pass the trophy. Just as long as none of them are simultaneously playing hide the tax bill.

Yes, and following Lawwell's comments about them not needing rangers you'd certainly think they would. Despite that, I still have a niggling doubt and as such can't quite bring myself to add them to the list.

I don't know. There are a sizeable number of Celtic fans who would be somewhat upset at the thought of voting them back in, having sat through the 'Willo Window' whilst Rankers embarked on a spend, spend, spend policy post-Kaunas.

Not to mention the continued justification of the spendthrift Celtic board that they would not jeopardise the future of the club for a short-term gain - can you imagine trying to answer questions about that policy after voting a bunch of cheats back in?

If Sky came out and said the deal would remain the same and they would still be interested in the rights to the SPL, then how many chairmen would vote against Rangers coming back in?

I honestly don't think I could stomach going to watch football in Scotland again if a new Rangers were allowed to stroll back into the SPL, as if they weren't big cheating b*****ds. I would be fine with a new Rangers coming back into the Third Division, but for them to jump straight to the SPL ahead of teams (like mine) in the First Division who are desperate to get up, I think that would be the last straw for me.

I don't know. There are a sizeable number of Celtic fans who would be somewhat upset at the thought of voting them back in, having sat through the 'Willo Window' whilst Rankers embarked on a spend, spend, spend policy post-Kaunas.

Not to mention the continued justification of the spendthrift Celtic board that they would not jeopardise the future of the club for a short-term gain - can you imagine trying to answer questions about that policy after voting a bunch of cheats back in?

I don't for a second doubt celtic fans would be completely against their club voting rangers back in. Much as I don't for a second doubt Killie fans will feel exactly the same way if (when) our club do so. That's what could hurt so much about this though, fans of clubs all through the SPL being totally shafted by their chairmen. The very same chairmen who have been working so hard to stay within budget and pay off debts. It'd be laughable if it wasn't so absolutely sickening.

In the short term certainly. A couple of seasons down the line, I'm not so convinced they'll be turning up in the same numbers.

They absolutely would not be turning up in the same numbers.

Which would be great for Scottish Football as it would mean, hopefully, a much truer return to producing our own players and actually giving them a game as opposed to producing our own players then buying Rasmussen, Juarez, Kayal, Izzaguire, etc, playing them instead and loaning out the youngsters repeatedly then letting them go for free.

If Sky came out and said the deal would remain the same and they would still be interested in the rights to the SPL, then how many chairmen would vote against Rangers coming back in?

I honestly don't think I could stomach going to watch football in Scotland again if a new Rangers were allowed to stroll back into the SPL, as if they weren't big cheating b*****ds. I would be fine with a new Rangers coming back into the Third Division, but for them to jump straight to the SPL ahead of teams (like mine) in the First Division who are desperate to get up, I think that would be the last straw for me.

This is exactly how i feel.

It may be pretty harsh on the Rovers but if the SPL bend over to Rangers then I'm finished with Scottish football.

This is what most of the Rangers fans I've spoken to want as well.

It's not the board, it's the 11 chairmen.

Our chairman has already made all the wrong noises and I'm confident in saying he will almost certainly not listen to anything we have to say otherwise. :( I'm putting my faith in any two of Petrie, Yorkston and Romanov to do the necessary.

Doncaster insists it's the board who would decide whether or not to admit New Rangers.

For anyone who's interested, here's the interview with Paul Murray done on talkSport this morning.

Keys & Gray & Paul Murray

At 4:50, he says that in the court of public opinion, which he says in some ways is the most important court (:ph34r:), Craig Whyte should be nowhere near Ibrox. Wonder if he'd agree with the Court of Public Opinion that says Rangers should be, once this is finished, nowhere near the SPL, or indeed the SFL?

I know that it is never going to happen, but just once, I'd like to see the reaction from Rangers fans and indeed other clubs fans if one of these "Blue Knights" (which is as fucking pathetic a name for a consortium as I've seen anywhere) were to come out and say that they've fucking cheated, lied and deceived for the last god knows how long, and that if the punishment is demotion from the SPL to who knows where, then they'll take it on the chin?

Edited by mozam76

What's the latest from Minty Moonbeams Park? Haudit and Daudit still talking it over with the first team squad, their agents, and their mammies?

Is today Haudit & Daudit's deadline day - or was that yesterday... or the day before...

Hmm. I wonder. What chance liquidation hitting first - before those two clowns have taken any cost-cutting decisions of their own?

Doncaster insists it's the board who would decide whether or not to admit New Rangers.

The SPL rules regarding this are:

From SPL rules article 14(i)

a Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share; or (ii) a trustee in sequestration, manager, receiver or administrative receiver shall be appointed in respect of a Member or any property of a Member, or an administration order shall be made in respect of a Member or any property of a Member or an order shall be made or an effective resolution passed for the winding up of a Member otherwise than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation;then that Member or its manager, receiver, administrative receiver, administrator or liquidator or any other person entitled to the Share shall, on receiving notice in writing from the Board following the Company in General Meeting passing a Qualified Resolution that such notice should be issued by the Board and confirming the identity of the proposed transferee, transfer its Share to such other person as the Board shall direct at the price of £1 and the Club owned and operated by such Member shall forthwith cease to be a member of the League and the Club owned and operated by the transferee shall become a member of the League in its place.

From article 2

Qualified Resolution means, in relation to those Reserved Matters referred to in Article 37, a resolution of the Company which requires the support of not less than 90% of the Members entitled to attend and vote at a General Meeting, whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, to be passed.

Which are hellish to read, but seem to suggest that the 90% of members at a general meeting should decide, and the Board are then responsible for carrying out the transfer.

While Rangers are away in the lower leagues - we should have an SPL playoff at the end of the season between 1st and 2nd for the title. That way, even if Celtic were romping the league as would be expected, it would keep things interesting for TV until the last day of the season - even if Celtic would still likely win the one-off game....

I presume this has been argued to death elsewhere by more knowledgeable people than me, but I can't see why it's a given that the SPL needs Rangers. Granted, Celtic will lose out, but then they have the near-certain championship to compensate. The closest potential challengers (eg. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) will lose two big gates a season, but if they are competing for second place I could see them making that up over the rest of the home games. The others such as Motherwell*, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren might also benefit from bigger travelling supports from the first four named. Plus there would be 5 places up for grabs in the top six rather than 4.

As for TV money, overall cake smaller, but everyone gets a bigger slice no?

*very unfair on current placing I know!

I've been saying something along these lines too. The bigot brothers cream off so much of the income we get that the drop to most clubs won't lead to the long term doom and gloom scenario that is spouted by the short sighted. Scottish football will die with the OF, not without them.

You say 'Celtic will lose out' - I don't really see how.

Celtic and Rangers embarked on a futile and very costly 'transfer war', ultimately and hopefully to the utter destruction of one of them. Celtic took the decision almost 10 years ago that this would not be continued, but still augmented the squad every so often, but almost always within their means (i.e. with the exception of one year - BTM's on the chin year).

Remove their main competitor and Celtic will continue to buy just what is needed to augment a squad that is very young - one that could arguably play together with very few changes for another decade. I think this is what Lawell meant when he said they didn't need any input from other clubs - simply stated: Celtic could very rapidly downsize whilst taking hold of the SPL trophy for any number of years to come bereft of their 'Old Firm' rivals.

This would be, on the one hand, a very shitty state of affairs in that one club might dominate, but on the other, could and hopefully should see more and more youngsters coming through at Celtic Park as the 'fear' of dropping more than a point or three every five or six games is removed (when Celtic 'bottled' it last season, they dropped points in only three from their last eighteen SPL matches).

I'd love to see Celtic downsize to the extent that TV and even gate money becomes an irrelevance, instead becoming a breeder/seller club in much the same manner as one might think of Ajax once was (still is??). Hopefully a knock on effect of that would be other clubs finding it easier to catch up.

Ultimately, I'd love it (in a Keegan-rantesque stylee) if there were three or four genuine title contenders playing pass the trophy. Just as long as none of them are simultaneously playing hide the tax bill.

Good post. Although I disagree about the team staying together for 10years.

I would actually commend Celtic on the change to their transfer policy to where they buy young players with potential with a view to selling on in 2-4years to a bigger league. Porto, Ajax, PSV, Benfica et al have been doing this for years.

What's the latest from Minty Moonbeams Park? Haudit and Daudit still talking it over with the first team squad, their agents, and their mammies?

Is today Haudit & Daudit's deadline day - or was that yesterday... or the day before...

Hmm. I wonder. What chance liquidation hitting first - before those two clowns have taken any cost-cutting decisions of their own?

How cool would it be if the FTT rules against Rankers appeal against the Big (hoose) Tax Case this afternoon?