Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

maybe I'm mistaken but everyone that's saying that a NewCo 'can apply & have their application judged on its own merits' are wrong?

in order to make an application for entry you must meet certain criteria, one of those is having three years of audited accounts, the NewCo wont have this (unless they buy it off someone else) so their application wouldn't even make it to the judging panel, surely?

I thought the three year rule only applied to UEFA competitions. The SFL rule is that any newly admitted club must apply to join the SFA within 2 or 3 weeks.

... because it's not the bottom level of Senior, professional (i.e. waged), or football in general, in Scotland.

For all intents and purposes, it is. Non-league sides have no right of promotion to the table, it is in effect a separate structure.

If the system is set-up to say "Cove & Co, wait for someone to fold, then you get your chance"... being denied by a reformation of they who folded is unfair.

They're only being denied if they lose a vote. Gretna won their vote against an Airdrie NewCo.

I could see why it would seem unfair if they get in ahead of well run clubs*, but hey, that's democracy for you.

*Not Spartans. I hate Spartans.

And if they got into SPL ahead of well run clubs... through the mechanisms we're hearing mooted and generally despising... that would be democracy for you too and I believe it would be equally unfair.

That's possibly an aspect on which I disagree... Tier 4 is only the bottom of 'the structure' as SFL clubs (including my own quite possibly) haven't installed a mechanism of annual access below it. That is perhaps where we'd disagree in viewpoint. I regard the structure as extending far below SFL3 - it's just that SFL3 is the only which doesn't [1] have annual promotion or [2] annual applications.

... because it's not the bottom level of Senior, professional (i.e. waged), or football in general, in Scotland.

If the system is set-up to say "Cove & Co, wait for someone to fold, then you get your chance"... being denied by a reformation of they who folded is unfair.

I admit this takes us back into "what should be" rather than "what could be".

I don't disagree with you from that point of view - I have no issue if the conclusion was "right Newco, go and join a league and get yourself in order and you can apply next time someone goes bust or if we ever get a proper mechanism for getting into SFL3".

In fact I'd love it.

HibeeJibee is unusually well out of line here.

If Rangers do go bust then surely FC Rangers of Glasgow would have every right to apply for an opening in the league, in the same way that I could form Craig's Corinthians, playing out of my own newly built stadium, and apply for the place. We would then both go up against existing clubs like Cove Rangers, Spartans etc, and the SFL clubs would decide which club they wanted to admit. That is entirely consistent with what has gone before.

It's very simple for me, everyone and their granny in positions of power within the SPL/SFA know Rangers cheated for decades, kick them out of the SPL and provision for them joining the SFL at the lowest level, all the other stuff going on is down to Rangers to sort out, it's their mess

Then we can get at least some integrity back into the SPL while we sort out the mess we have ALLOWED ourselves to get into, maybe with only Celtic to deal with a fair system can be forced through by the other SPL clubs

I thought the three year rule only applied to UEFA competitions. The SFL rule is that any newly admitted club must apply to join the SFA within 2 or 3 weeks.

Currently, to become an SFA associate member (which is what SFL requires; also what gets you into the Cup), you apparently need to produce 3 years of audited accounts. Also have a youth team, etc.

Therefore, to join SFL would by definition require 3 years audited accounts.

And if they got into SPL ahead of well run clubs... through the mechanisms we're hearing mooted and generally despising... that would be democracy for you too and I believe it would be equally unfair.

But the SPL does also have a mechanism for promotion and relegation - and in the event of liquidation of a member it would be fair that the bottom team does not go down (some would argue this is stated in the rules!). IT would not be fair that a team that has earned the right to promotion does not come up.... so that leaves no spaces in the SPL.

We have to remember here that the whole point of rules for insolvency and/or liquidation is not (or at least should not be) to safeguard the position of "a membership" - they should be there to ensure that cheats do not prosper!

If Rangers do go bust then surely FC Rangers of Glasgow would have every right to apply for an opening in the league, in the same way that I could form Craig's Corinthians, playing out of my own newly built stadium, and apply for the place. We would then both go up against existing clubs like Cove Rangers, Spartans etc, and the SFL clubs would decide which club they wanted to admit. That is entirely consistent with what has gone before.

And it's exactly what's going to happen (provided the SPL vote goes the right way). Jim Spence is reporting that David Longmuir has confirmed that should this be the case the SFL will be inviting applications for the vacated spot.

The only thing these administrators are making redundant are my afternoons. What are they doing in there?!

It's been a hard afternoon at Ibrox, don't you know.

1298916793Akm1de.jpg

Has anyone else mentioned Bailey's swigging ex rangers captain Lorenzo Amoruso's hissy fit at the prospect of his three league titles being taken off him?

:lol:

Link please :lol:

That would be fucking tremendous. For all I utterly despise Rangers as a football club, there was just something about "Big Amo" that I liked.

Link please :lol:

That would be fucking tremendous. For all I utterly despise Rangers as a football club, there was just something about "Big Amo" that I liked.

He did come across as a decent sort. I don't remember him swigging Baileys mind you.

All quiet at Murray Park. So quiet, that the BBC live feed is giving us this remarkable news.

1. 1345: BBC Scotland reporter Jim Spence has arrived in Glasgow ahead of presenting Sportsound tonight. The great man is sporting a new crewcut, having cut those famous fiery locks!

I can only imagine that he thinks that if the Spartans suddenly got a billionaire investor that they should be admitted straight into the SPL rather than apply for admission to Div 3.