Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The inherent unfairness of Rangers 1690 competing for a vacant place should perhaps get upwardly-mobile non-league sides a concession, at least opening up the prospect of regularly kicking pub teams out of the bottom of the Third Division. That seems to me a fair compromise.

Edited by vikingTON

He did come across as a decent sort. I don't remember him swigging Baileys mind you.

He said he was addicted to it at one point :lol:

Drinking 3 or 4 sips a night.

I don't disagree with you from that point of view - I have no issue if the conclusion was "right Newco, go and join a league and get yourself in order and you can apply next time someone goes bust or if we ever get a proper mechanism for getting into SFL3".

In fact I'd love it.

Yes - If Rangers go bust, a new club should join its local Amateur or Junior league (most likely) and work its way up. If Rangers is 'continued' through transfer-of-membership, I hope they don't win any ballot to SFL3. I appreciate they probably would, but my view is that it'd be wrong and unfair if they did.

HibeeJibee is unusually well out of line here.

If Rangers do go bust then surely FC Rangers of Glasgow would have every right to apply for an opening in the league, in the same way that I could form Craig's Corinthians, playing out of my own newly built stadium, and apply for the place. We would then both go up against existing clubs like Cove Rangers, Spartans etc, and the SFL clubs would decide which club they wanted to admit. That is entirely consistent with what has gone before.

But have FC Rangers of Glasgow, or Craig's Corinthians, current SFA Associate Membership?

Discussion started on the basis of Rangers FC transferring membership, but being booted out of SPL, but being demoted to/applying for SFL.

I regard success in that last part as unfair as continuation in SPL.

The inherent unfairness of Rangers 1690 competing for a vacant place should perhaps get upwardly-mobile non-league sides a concession, at least opening up the prospect of regularly kicking pub teams out of the bottom of the Third Division. That seems to me an amicable compromise.

Oi - less of that please

He did come across as a decent sort. I don't remember him swigging Baileys mind you.

Addicted to Baileys, he claimed!

I'm sure that on even wilder nights he finished it off with a rum truffle.

That's possibly an aspect on which I disagree... Tier 4 is only the bottom of 'the structure' as SFL clubs (including my own quite possibly) haven't installed a mechanism of annual access below it. That is perhaps where we'd disagree in viewpoint. I regard the structure as extending far below SFL3 - it's just that SFL3 is the only which doesn't [1] have annual promotion or [2] annual applications.

Well, insofar as the SFL haven't installed a structure below Tier 4, neither have the clubs who may make up that structure. Imagining that the *current* top EoS, SoS, Highland and Junior divisions are somehow a latent Tier 5 of some form is mere wishful thinking. Tier 4 is the end of the line.

I can only imagine that he thinks that if the Spartans suddenly got a billionaire investor that they should be admitted straight into the SPL rather than apply for admission to Div 3.

I don't think that at all, and nothing I've said has suggested that at all.

If Rangers FC is headed for liquidation, and the get-out is to transfer the SFA membership to another company, but doing it in SPL is blocked as it's seen as unfair... then Rangers FC being demoted to SFL, or winning a ballot to join SFL, is for me equally unfair. That's what would have to happen, if as believed someone could not obtain SFA Associate Membership from scratch in X weeks i.e. brand-new outfit.

If I've made a mess of illustrating that, apologies, but for me it's unfair.

Well, insofar as the SFL haven't installed a structure below Tier 4, neither have the clubs who may make up that structure. Imagining that the *current* top EoS, SoS, Highland and Junior divisions are somehow a latent Tier 5 of some form is mere wishful thinking. Tier 4 is the end of the line.

They don't have to be a latent Tier 5 they simply have to exist. Something exists outwith Tier 4, and it includes clubs who want to enter Tier 4. I believe any demotion or re-entry should be outside of Tier 4.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I don't think that at all, and nothing I've said has suggested that at all.

If Rangers FC is headed for liquidation, and the get-out is to transfer the SFA membership to another company, but doing it in SPL is blocked as it's seen as unfair... then Rangers FC being demoted to SFL, or winning a ballot to join SFL, is for me equally unfair. That's what would have to happen, if as believed someone could not obtain SFA Associate Membership from scratch in X weeks i.e. brand-new outfit.

If I've made a mess of illustrating that, apologies, but for me it's unfair.

They don't have to be a latent Tier 5 they simply have to exist. Something exists outwith Tier 4, and it includes clubs who want to enter Tier 4. I believe any demotion or re-entry should be outside of Tier 4.

Demotion of a club is a fairly standard method of punishing a football club. If they "transfer membership" then why not make the punishment demotion to the SFL (therefore honouring the agreement that the winner of SFL1 joins the SPL)?

I think this is where the problem lies in set-up. Down south if Portsmouth went bust an AFC Portsmouth could form in the Wessex Leagues or whatever and fight up (much as AFC Wimbledon have) and Scarborough did the same. In Scotland not having a bottom rung or a clear way into the leagues, has always left the position a bit awkward about how a Clydebank or Gretna get back into the SFL (if they wished of course).

Demotion of a club is a fairly standard method of punishing a football club. If they "transfer membership" then why not make the punishment demotion to the SFL (therefore honouring the agreement that the winner of SFL1 joins the SPL)?

Well that could be demotion to SFL1? Rangers go down/Ross County come-up. Some people might say that was right. Some people might say SFL3 was right.

I believe that even SFL3 isn't right, it's still unfair - and I would therefore go further.

1331129818[/url]' post='6035021']

If memory serves me right MK Dons are not a new club, they are a continuation of Wimbledon. (in the eyes of the league that is)

That has been sorted. MK Dons handed over all history to AFC Wimbledon, who are now looked upon as being the continuation.

As a result, AFC Wimbledon fans have stopped telling other teams' fans to boycott MK.

If memory serves me right MK Dons are not a new club, they are a continuation of Wimbledon. (in the eyes of the league that is)

All of Wimbledon's trophies belong to the London Borough of Merton now as part of a settlement between MK Dons and League bodies. I think MK Dons are a continuation, but are regarded as more of a new club since MK Dons claim none of Wimbledon's honours and neither do AFC Wimbledon.

As soon as the 40 clubs finish beating Rangers to death we should instantly turn on Celtic.

If only everyone had the balls..... :(

Celtic could be left isolated with no OF partner to gang up with against the rest. The school bully left friendless when his little gang of chums finally see through him and join the rest of the class to alienate him.

1331130072[/url]' post='6035042']

All of Wimbledon's trophies belong to the London Borough of Merton now as part of a settlement between MK Dons and League bodies. I think MK Dons are a continuation, but are regarded as more of a new club since MK Dons claim none of Wimbledon's honours and neither do AFC Wimbledon.

Borough of Merton - that was it. Apologies for my memory fade there.