Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Same way MK Dongs took over Wimbledon.

Nah, it would be more akin to the way older bullies at school pick on smaller younger kids, intimidate them, trample all over them, and run away after nicking their pocket money.

According to Transfer Markt the Contract Expiry dates are as follows

Contracts which Expire 2012

Scott Gallacher, Goalkeeper(TW), 22 Years

Kyle Bartley, Defence(IV), 20 Years

Sasa Papac, Defence(LV), 32 Years

Gordon Dick, Midfield(ZM), 19 Years

Andrew Mitchell, Midfield(ZM), 19 Years

Sone Aluko, Midfield(RM), 23 Years

Salim Kerkar, Midfield(LM), 24 Years

David Healy, Striker(MS), 32 Years

Andy Little, Striker(MS), 22 Years

Contracts which Expire 2013

Neil Alexander, Goalkeeper(TW), 33 Years

Kirk Broadfoot, Defence(RV), 27 Years

Lee McCulloch, Midfield(DM), 33 Years

Maurice Edu, Midfield(ZM), 25 Years

Kyle Lafferty, Striker(LA), 24 Years

Kane Hemmings, Striker(MS), 20 Years

Contracts which Expire 2014

Dorin Goian, Defence(IV), 31 Years

Carlos Bocanegra, Defence(IV), 32 Years

Matt McKay, Midfield(ZM), 29 Years

Alejandro Bedoya, Midfield(OM), 24 Years

Contracts which Expire 2015

Ross Perry, Defence(IV), 22 Years

Jamie Ness, Midfield(ZM), 21 Years

Steven Naismith, Striker(RA), 25 Years

Contracts which Expire 2016

Lee Wallace, Defence(LV), 24 Years

Steven Whittaker, Defence(RV), 27 Years

Steven Davis, Midfield(ZM) , 27 Years

Contract that Expire 2017

Allan McGregor, Goalkeeper(TW), 30 Years

If people can repost this crossing off the players as they leave then that would probable help us all keep track

It's the aspect of "being happy with that", in particular, I'm relating to I suppose. Why be happy with it at Tier 4 but not Tier 1?

Because Tier 4 is the bottom of the structure. New entrants to the structure should start at the bottom.

I fully agree that it's still "unfair" in many respects. But certainly not equally unfair.

I see no way in which their dropping into or being balloted into SFL3 is any more right or fair than being retained in SPL. It's just unfair on someone different.

Why would being balloted in be inherently unfair on another club? Did Cove Rangers claim official dibs when the next league side folds?

If a NewCo is inserted into SFL3 then I'd agree.

Edited by vikingTON

Why would being balloted in be inherently unfair on another club? Did Cove Rangers claim official dibs when the next league side folds?

If a NewCo is inserted into SFL3 then I'd agree.

Exactly. Why shouldn't Rangers 1690 attempt to gain entry with all other applicants? In what way is that "unfair"?

Exactly. Why shouldn't Rangers 1690 attempt to gain entry with all other applicants? In what way is that "unfair"?

Have to agree with that - I think HJ has gone a bit off tangent here. (Normally he's fairly sound.)

I could see why it would seem unfair if they get in ahead of well run clubs*, but hey, that's democracy for you.

*Not Spartans. I hate Spartans.

According to Transfer Markt the Contract Expiry dates are as follows

Contracts which Expire 2012

Scott Gallacher, Goalkeeper(TW), 22 Years

Kyle Bartley, Defence(IV), 20 Years

Sasa Papac, Defence(LV), 32 Years

Gordon Dick, Midfield(ZM), 19 Years

Andrew Mitchell, Midfield(ZM), 19 Years

Sone Aluko, Midfield(RM), 23 Years

Salim Kerkar, Midfield(LM), 24 Years

David Healy, Striker(MS), 32 Years

Andy Little, Striker(MS), 22 Years

Contracts which Expire 2013

Neil Alexander, Goalkeeper(TW), 33 Years

Kirk Broadfoot, Defence(RV), 27 Years

Lee McCulloch, Midfield(DM), 33 Years

Maurice Edu, Midfield(ZM), 25 Years

Kyle Lafferty, Striker(LA), 24 Years

Kane Hemmings, Striker(MS), 20 Years

Contracts which Expire 2014

Dorin Goian, Defence(IV), 31 Years

Carlos Bocanegra, Defence(IV), 32 Years

Matt McKay, Midfield(ZM), 29 Years

Alejandro Bedoya, Midfield(OM), 24 Years

Contracts which Expire 2015

Ross Perry, Defence(IV), 22 Years

Jamie Ness, Midfield(ZM), 21 Years

Steven Naismith, Striker(RA), 25 Years

Contracts which Expire 2016

Lee Wallace, Defence(LV), 24 Years

Steven Whittaker, Defence(RV), 27 Years

Steven Davis, Midfield(ZM) , 27 Years

Contract that Expire 2017

Allan McGregor, Goalkeeper(TW), 30 Years

If people can repost this crossing off the players as they leave then that would probable help us all keep track

Apologies for being dense, but what are the letters after the names?

maybe I'm mistaken but everyone that's saying that a NewCo 'can apply & have their application judged on its own merits' are wrong?

in order to make an application for entry you must meet certain criteria, one of those is having three years of audited accounts, the NewCo wont have this (unless they buy it off someone else) so their application wouldn't even make it to the judging panel, surely?

I should probably add to my post that by saying I would be 'happy' with it, that's me saying out of the possible outcomes, that's the one I'd favour. As it's in impossibility that we will not see ANY form of Rangers next season, as far as I'm concerned. In a fantasy world I would say I'm happy with them being six feet under. But in the real world I'd be happy to see them start at the bottom of their possible outcomes.

maybe I'm mistaken but everyone that's saying that a NewCo 'can apply & have their application judged on its own merits' are wrong?

in order to make an application for entry you must meet certain criteria, one of those is having three years of audited accounts, the NewCo wont have this (unless they buy it off someone else) so their application wouldn't even make it to the judging panel, surely?

All they have to do is buy some other wee club and rename them "*** Rovers" or something.

Because Tier 4 is the bottom of the structure. New entrants to the structure should start at the bottom.

That's possibly an aspect on which I disagree... Tier 4 is only the bottom of 'the structure' as SFL clubs (including my own quite possibly) haven't installed a mechanism of annual access below it. That is perhaps where we'd disagree in viewpoint. I regard the structure as extending far below SFL3 - it's just that SFL3 is the only which doesn't [1] have annual promotion or [2] annual applications.

Why would being balloted in be inherently unfair on another club?

... because it's not the bottom level of Senior, professional (i.e. waged), or football in general, in Scotland.

If the system is set-up to say "Cove & Co, wait for someone to fold, then you get your chance"... being denied by a reformation of they who folded is unfair.

I admit this takes us back into "what should be" rather than "what could be".

Hell they can't produce audited accounts as it stands. I'd assume they would counter this with "but we are the people".

I could see why it would seem unfair if they get in ahead of well run clubs*, but hey, that's democracy for you.

Exactly. If that's the way the vote goes, so be it.