Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Real Radio phone in

You can't sack the players you'll lose £25m in assets

next gut

I blame HMRC coz I got harassed when I never paid my Counicl tax.

Are these on the wind up ?

i had to stop listening to real radio. it was not doing my blood pressure any good. way too many stupid people on it.

post-33815-0-86725300-1331149342_thumb.j

Real Radio phone in

You can't sack the players you'll lose £25m in assets

next gut

I blame HMRC coz I got harassed when I never paid my Counicl tax.

Are these on the wind up ?

That's rangers target market, inbred fuckwits. They do not know any better.

They should not be mocked. Muchbiggrin.gif

Just as an aside on the whole Rangers thing, I was asking some questions today about the new SKY deal and what exactly is contractually in there with regard the old firm.

Firstly there is NO clause mandating that there is four old firm games every season. There is no mention at all of number of games.

I am pretty sure Doncaster has previously said there was a requirement from Sky that there be four old firm games a season and that was why any league reconstruction plan had to factor this in, and we are also widely led to believe that any newco Rangers would have to stay in the SPL to fulfil this requirement.

Bollocks on both scores as far as that goes.

However, what IS in the contract is a termination clause should either Rangers or Celtic or both cease to be in the SPL. This is not an automatic trigger but it would allow Sky to wiggle out of the current deal if "Rangers" were to be in the third division.

It is a certainty that they would leverage that clause to re-negotiate any TV deal or pull out altogether in the absence of Rangers.

The reason the clause was inserted was in case either or both of them got a better offer to play elsewhere in an Atlantic league or (chuckle) in England. It wasn't, as far as I am led to believe, put in place to react to an insolvency event ending in one of the clubs being liquidated.

Would SKy still be interested in broadcasting an SPL containing "only" Celtic and 11 other clubs ? Perhaps yes, maybe no. Only time would tell.

If they didn't though then I guess SPL TV or some sort of online subscription model might be the way forward.

Does the statement from the admin men mean that unless a buyer pops their head up before Friday then they'll swing the axe? Is two days really going to make any difference?

Duff & Phelps don't want to swing the axe - they want to see Rangers liquidated. They are SPECTRE agents working for Ernst Stavro Blofeld, currently holed up in his secret Monaco lair.

I actually think Sean Connery might be their Blue Knight, and he'll turn up on Friday with Ally's alarm clock reading 007.

John McMillian for the Rangers Supporters Trust, "Dont see Rangers going down, but if the worse happens it is bad news for the rest of scottish football"

Go f**k yourself, the rest of scottish football will do fine without Rangers

Spot on. I had a wee chuckle when the senile auld git said that.

Desperation was reeking out him!!

@BBCAlLamont: PFA Scotland's Fraser Wishart dismisses suggestion players unwilling to take a wage cut at Rangers

@BBCAlLamont: FW: The senior players have kept a solidarity within the dressing room allied to a deep care for those employed elsewhere within the company

@BBCAlLamont: FW: From the start the players were willing to compromise on the proviso that their sacrifice saved jobs throughout the club.

The wages situation is a bit of a smokescreen when you think about. Wylde and Celik walk out because they will have Championship/League One clubs lined up for them by their agents, of that I have no doubt. They'll both have clubs by the end of next week.

The higher earners will be the players with a bit more ambition to play in the Premier League and on a similar wage. A shame then that Premier League teams have to submit a 25 man squad at the end of the transfer window and can't add any new names to it, even if the player is a free agent

Then you have the players who will struggle to get any kind of club at any level who will give them a half decent wage on a short term deal.

By the looks of it, they will all be free agents in the summer anyway, so why should they take a pay cut even in the short term?

Anyone who is buying the story of them trying to save Senga the tea lady's job is kidding themselves on here. We are talking about professional footballers with an agent here at the end of the day.

It's a sad day for Ulster, but on the upside, Rory McIlroy is fcuking ace.

Even he's becoming a conceited wee w****r now in my opinion.