Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just reading the comments on that football365 piece.

You changed yr tune Poz? :D:D:D (guess someone's getting a bit fed up with ur sts)

pozbored (St Mirren) says...

Well articulated summary of the dire straits that would befall other SPL clubs should Rangers go under. If Rangers go bust then a number of other SPL clubs will follow them. At least Stewart Regan of the SFA and Neil Doncaster of the SPL seem to appreciate this and will hopefully make sure that Rangers survive for the good of Scottish football as a whole.

Posted 3:31pm 8th March 2012

Just reading the comments on that football365 piece.

You changed yr tune Poz? :D:D:D (guess someone's getting a bit fed up with ur sts)

First I've heard about it! Should I put myself into administration before coming back as pozbaird 2012? Would anyone on P&B vote me back!?

We can only hope that the clubs are meeting with a view to using this whole incident to change Scottish football for the better. Thisis a rare window of opportunity to really initiate change and I sincerely hope that the clubs use this opportunity. My concern is, however, that there is a lack of consensus on this change and, as such, nothing will happen.

We can't allow ourselves to get bogged down bickering over who a journalist thinks had the toughest brief - Lennon or McCoist. There is a more important issue to discuss here - one of our oldest and proudest footballing institutions is teetering on the brink, and if allowed to fold, or even to end up playing in the lower leagues, it will kill Scottish football stone dead because of the Sky TV deal and visiting Rangers supporters' money drying up.

We can't allow ourselves to get bogged down bickering over who a journalist thinks had the toughest brief - Lennon or McCoist. There is a more important issue to discuss here - one of our oldest and proudest footballing institutions is teetering on the brink, because their decade or more of reckless over-spending on the never-never has finally caught up with them. When allied to possible illegal player payments, a whopping great tax bill, a dodgy take-over for a quid by a charlatan in a cheap suit, and a host of internal bickering and bun fighting, overseen by the most inept administration duo this side of the Alps, then it's quite amazing that anyone thinks the Sky TV deal and visiting supporters is enough of a reason to save their sorry, debt-ridden, cheating arses.

Please delete as appropriate.

Must confess, when I was reading the first paragraph, I was thinking "This Poz must be a pseudonym for Chic Young!"

KTID

First I've heard about it! Should I put myself into administration before coming back as pozbaird 2012? Would anyone on P&B vote me back!?

Question is, would you have to undergo a 10 red dot penalty for the rest of the season and not be allowed in the Scots In Europe board if you did? ;)

Don't know if been mentioned. Now they have said that cw isn't fit and proper and all the other crap. Could they get relegated to 1st division by default which will then give the association which chick et al claimed wasn't in place that would be required to punt them to division 3?

Calm down pal! Keep your anger for the dodgy decisions next season in SPL against you ;)

It's not anger. It's more like the bemusement of watching an episode of Lost.

Nothing's happening, nothing's happening, nothing's happening... Ooooh a tit bit of information! Wait, this raises more questions than it answers? I want to hear more but... nothing's happening, nothing's happening, nothing's happening.... [repeat]

The Players Who Stopped The Deal

#1 user_green.pngboss

• star3.gif

• Group: Moderator

Posted Today, 02:53 PM

I'm probably breaking a confidence but trying to justify to myself that I'm really just bending the line as far as I can. This has come from the insolvency guru that has explained much to me in recent days. This is what I was told – believe it or dismiss it as you wish.

Hopefully word will filter through to those that need told that there are no secrets, there are no discussions that will forever remain private if Rangers do collapse. The players did not take us to this point but the supporters have a right to know which players may be about to hit the first blow in the last nail.

An agreement had been reached in principle for the 75:50:25 wage cuts.

Then two of our highest paid players, both out injured just now, told the Administrators that their wage cut should only be 50% as they couldn't earn win bonuses. This despite picking up their full wages to date while on the sick and not being able to kick a ball in achieving those wins. The Administrators were angered that they were backtracking on the agreement and were ready to make them redundant and implement the agreement among the other players.

etc...

That statement implies Rangers are paying win bonuses to players who are not in the squad, or the whole post is a pile of pish

Don't know if been mentioned. Now they have said that cw isn't fit and proper and all the other crap. Could they get relegated to 1st division by default which will then give the association which chick et al claimed wasn't in place that would be required to punt them to division 3?

Don't see why not. If they've been found to be acting against the rules this season, akin to fielding ineligible players, all points gained should be deducted and they would be relegated for football reasons ie they'd have the least points. Then the much more flexible SFL rules could send them down to Div 3 and deduct 100 pts a season for the next 10 years. It's only fair..rolleyes.gif