Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In my opinion, Murray knew exactly what was going on when he sold the club to Craig Whyte.

He knew the reputation of the man being an asset stripper and that he would take Rangers into administration as this was the only possible way Rangers could clear the serious debt Murray had plunged the club into during his years as chairman.

I don't think for one minute Murray had no idea about the type of person Craig Whyte was. No 'true' fan or businessman would surely enter a deal without prior knowledge as to who they are selling the club to.

Journalists were able to get the scoop on Whyte so surely Murray could have performed extensive background checks on the man, certainly more extensive than 'Is he Scottish?', 'Is he a foreigner?', 'Does he have money?' and 'Is he a Rangers fan?'.

Murray knew about Craig Whyte and allowed him to buy the club as he was the perfect foil to keep his legacy in tact. Either that or Murray is the most incompetent businessman on the planet.

Was Murray a "true" fan? He was an Ayr United fan once upon a time.

Also it wasn't up to him to check out Whyte's credentials and his suitability to take over the club.

That should have been a matter for the SFA.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Yeah I bet Rangers wage bill wasnt a kick in the arse off what the losses were each year, they could accept second every year and still have a squad on a fraction of the cost with maybe a single marquee signing and still put up a decent fight, lets face it, if you picked the best 11 players outside of Rangers or Celtic in the SPL you would probably be able to give Celtic a good game most weeks.

For well publicised reasons the accounts aren't available for 2011, but in 2010 the wage bill was £28 Million.

They could have cut that in half and still been comfortably the second biggest spenders in the league (Hearts wage bill is around £10M).

Edited by HanoMaSano

It's Reg Shuttleworth!

"I've got an Austin Montego... Y Reg. Y Reg?"

Oh, you mean John Shuttleworth. Jilted John's other stab at fame. The only thing ever funny about his act was watching one talentless c**t ripping off the act of another talentless c**t (Frank Sidebottom) with the same delusion it was going to make him a household name.

Come to think of it, surprised he's not put in a bid yet.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Oh, you mean John Shuttleworth. Jilted John's other stab at fame. The only thing ever funny about his act was watching one talentless c**t ripping off the act of another talentless c**t (Frank Sidebottom) with the same delusion it was going to make him a household name.

Come to think of it, surprised he's not put in a bid yet.

Talentless c**t indeed, man's a genius...

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Ogilvie: 'it was never my role to negotiate contracts... since mid 90s, I was not responsible for drafting or administering of contracts.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

» STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Campbell Ogilvie: 'I was aware of the EBT scheme in operation at Rangers during my time at the club and, indeed, was a member.'

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Campbell 'I just sat around, got paid loads TAX free and knew nothing' Ogilvie gives his side of the story.

BBC: #Rangers may not be in administration because of a legal technicality. CourtofSession to settle the issue on Monday. More to follow

:o :o :o

Whit?!

THis must be a world record. Haudit & Daudit take 4 weeks to discover the first bit of paper signed to put them in charge is wrong,

Could not write comedy gold like this. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BBC: #Rangers may not be in administration because of a legal technicality. CourtofSession to settle the issue on Monday. More to follow

:o :o :o

Whit?!

I don't think that was tweeted directly from the BBC, it has been rumoured though so there is maybe some substance to it. Could this mean that HMRC could try and appoint their own administrators?

I don't think that was tweeted directly from the BBC, it has been rumoured though so there is maybe some substance to it. Could this mean that HMRC could try and appoint their own administrators?

Feasibly, but I'd think they'd be more likely to run with Duff and Phelps. That would be utterly hilarious if Rangers looked like they'd been clawing it back, only to hurtle back in a spiral to the abyss.

Feasibly, but I'd think they'd be more likely to run with Duff and Phelps. That would be utterly hilarious if Rangers looked like they'd been clawing it back, only to hurtle back in a spiral to the abyss.

Must surely call into question their completence.

And does it effect the little they've done - agreeing to pay the PARS & ICT, The 4 departures and the wage re-negotiations?

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/300551-rangers-administrators-in-court-move-over-clubs-fsa-membership/

Seems like a formality but will cost a few more precious pounds no doubt.

"This consent has now been sought and granted and our appointment has to be ratified by the Court of Session on March 19. It is envisaged that this hearing is a formality and that the process will not impact in any way the progress of the insolvency.

At least they are acknowledging Rangers as insolvent. But it must effect the flood of bids that are surely winging the way towards Ibrox for the Friday 16th deadline if they still sorting their role in court on the 19th.....