Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Made a tool of himself as usual tonite ,he just sounds like a bitter old dinasaur who has no idea what is going on and is about a week behind the story,

I caught the start of the show , even though Ogilve has been accused of knowingly used EBTs and double contracts when at rangers,,,by Hugh adam a director at ibrox for decades,,,,according to keevins , Ogilve is an honest man and there is no need for him to step aside during an investigation?

And as for David murrays treatment by some of the press,,,honestly is everybody scared to ask him a question ? Or just blindly written down his shite as gospel,,,,,well Craig whyte had nice teeth and a knew his da and had a big bank balance how was I sir business man of the decade supposed to suspect anything?......good point lord Murray you poor man.

Ps when is hately or gorams next why rangers are great impartial columns out?

Keevins got a wee bit mardy when it was suggested he & Ogilvie were best pals.

Makes me laugh how he bats away any worthwhile questions with the standard reply that its only the callers opinion, & that any assumptions of anything other than hard facts in a court of law are stupid & pointless.

Isn't that what journos have been doing since the start of their meaningful career? :lol:

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Ogilvie: 'it was never my role to negotiate contracts... since mid 90s, I was not responsible for drafting or administering of contracts.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

» STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Campbell Ogilvie: 'I was aware of the EBT scheme in operation at Rangers during my time at the club and, indeed, was a member.'

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ogilvie situation clarified:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17373437

The best bit about Keevins' belittling gush this evening was his assumption that because HE thinks guys like Ogilvie are honourable and wouldn't enter into deceit, so everyone should.

Despite weeks of lies and corruption being unwound before our very eyes by guys at the top, he still insists that we the BIGGEST stakeholders in this shitefest should sit on our hands and not demand answers! What an institutionalised old haddy. Luckily, for him, the patrons of this particular show are the type who lap him, and his outdated and out-of-touch guff, up.

That wench Sheila can do one anaw.

Edited by Fife Saint

To me, that doesn't draw a line under anything.

He should be thoroughly investigated by the SFA because it seems unlikely that he'd be oblivious to the whole situation.

Indeed. Nothing has been clarified, all it raises is the question of how didn't he know anything?

He should be thoroughly investigated by the SFA because it seems unlikely that he'd be oblivious to the whole situation.

He done the player registrations, presumably with the attached contract paperwork :lol:

You can imagine him looking through the contracts before posting them on and thinking "Bloomin eck, Amofud's only on a grand a week, kudos to the lad for coming here from Fiorentina instead of going to Liverpool or ManU. We really are a big club and clearly there's nothing amiss here. Next? Andrei Kanchelskis eh? Poor lad, has a gambling problem and is beholden to some dodgy characters for a lot of money, glad Sir Moon of Beam is sorting him out with a heavy wedge. Of £750 per week, whutthefcuk? Come on, even Jim Farry's no gonna be buying that pish. Whilst I'm doing this, s'ppose I'd better check my EBT payments are in order."

"This consent has now been sought and granted and our appointment has to be ratified by the Court of Session on March 19. It is envisaged that this hearing is a formality and that the process will not impact in any way the progress of the insolvency.

At least they are acknowledging Rangers as insolvent. But it must effect the flood of bids that are surely winging the way towards Ibrox for the Friday 16th deadline if they still sorting their role in court on the 19th.....

So if they weren't appointed properly as administrators, should they be paid? If so on what basis and who has to agree it?

Getting money for any work beyond the 19th March is fair enough, but I would expect nothing for what work they have chosen to do before that date.

Edited by thelegendthatis

So if they weren't appointed properly as administrators, should they be paid? If so on what basis and who has to agree it?

Fair enough getting money for any work beyond the 19th March is far enough, but I would argue nothing for what work they have chosen to do before that date.

I hope Haudit and Daudit get payed double - the more they take the closer to liquidation!

Indeed. Nothing has been clarified, all it raises is the question of how didn't he know anything?

Tbh, I think his statement... delivered despite Broadfoot/Mini-Broadfoot's telephone rant to Thomson that 'there would be no statement', btw... effectively closes this aspect of the affair.

He's not going to resign or take gardening leave; he works closely with Regan on a daily basis and he isn't going to try to order it; the SFA Board sure as hell isn't going to order it; the media here isn't minded towards pursuing it; the enquiry by Lord Nimmo into Whyte's fit-n-proper-ness has already reported; etc.

Neither the mechanism nor the will to pursue exists, seemingly.

There's no concrete evidence of guilt, either. No smoking gun. Infact nothing notable or incriminating.

Ultimately the only things being pointed at Ogilvie are supposition (perhaps innuendo too), and those aren't going to be sufficient reasons for him to step aside - or face quizzing from SFA into their President - of themselves. As his statement on SFA's website says:

I am proud and privileged to be President of the Scottish FA during an exciting period in its history. I have an excellent relationship with our chief executive, Stewart Regan, and the Board of Directors. I would like to thank them for their support throughout this process and look forward to new and exciting challenges ahead at the Scottish FA.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Tbh, I think his statement... delivered despite Broadfoot/Mini-Broadfoot's telephone rant to Thomson that 'there would be no statement', btw... effectively closes this aspect of the affair.

He's not going to resign or take gardening leave; he works closely with Regan on a daily basis and he isn't going to try to order it; the SFA Board sure as hell isn't going to order it; the media here isn't minded towards pursuing it; the enquiry by Lord Nimmo into Whyte's fit-n-proper-ness has already reported; etc.

Neither the mechanism nor the will to pursue exists, seemingly.

There's no concrete evidence of guilt, either. No smoking gun.

Tick... Tock....

Slowing down now, I suppose we've had a gem or a revelation every couple of days until now.

Seems like Murray's summons for the sports press to assemble to him has brought them to heel.

Ogilvie's going to ride this out.

The EBT/dual contracts/financial doping angle looks like it has the big brush over it.

Hmm. Grumble.